Got bear-glarized this morning

harpercollins

9 hours ago, Marfa Low Crown said:

That could easily be my kitchen in the morning after a night of industrious drinking so this thread hits close to home. 

Yeah, I don't see anything unusual about this.  Except for the bear tracks.

I was told by a neighbor to be alert for juvenile black bears in May and June every year. Evidently, this is the time of year when male bears are kicked out by mama, and go looking for territory. They wander through our neighborhood on their way to remoter woods, and occasionally break into chicken coops, beehives, trash cans, etc. 70 to 80 pound black bears are basically just like big dogs, but it does seem like a novel kind of nuisance for a Texas born and bred fella.

9 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I was told by a neighbor to be alert for juvenile black bears in May and June every year. Evidently, this is the time of year when male bears are kicked out by mama, and go looking for territory. They wander through our neighborhood on their way to remoter woods, and occasionally break into chicken coops, beehives, trash cans, etc. 70 to 80 pound black bears are basically just like big dogs, but it does seem like a novel kind of nuisance for a Texas born and bred fella.

• Haha 1

So you never heard anything, like the sounds a bear would make going through your fridge 

No I sleep through anything. Can’t figure out how it didn’t wake up my other 21 family members though. He ate two loaves of bread, 18 brioche rolls, three boxes of cereal, that giant bag of dots pretzels, three cartons of ice cream, uncorked an open bottle of wine, etc.
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, harpercollins said:

No I sleep through anything. Can’t figure out how it didn’t wake up my other 21 family members though. He ate two loaves of bread, 18 brioche rolls, three boxes of cereal, that giant bag of dots pretzels, three cartons of ice cream, uncorked an open bottle of wine, etc.

I like the thought of a sad drunk bear that just went through a break up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, harpercollins said:

Guess bears aren’t paleo.

12 hours ago, harpercollins said:

So one of your family members is a large, heavy, hairy gay guy with a late night eating problem.  Be more tolerant!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, harpercollins said:

The good thing is if the bear comes back looking for a meal with a heartbeat, all you've got to to is be the 20th quickest person there

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, harpercollins said:

22 people slept through that?  and not in the middle of the night but 6am?  was everyone in that one house?

Edited by futureman

17 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I was told by a neighbor to be alert for juvenile black bears in May and June every year. Evidently, this is the time of year when male bears are kicked out by mama, and go looking for territory. They wander through our neighborhood on their way to remoter woods, and occasionally break into chicken coops, beehives, trash cans, etc. 70 to 80 pound black bears are basically big ass raccoons, but it does seem like a novel kind of nuisance for a Texas born and bred fella.

fify

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP