"America Needs You Mom"- Alex Okafor speaks out for justice

Goo Punch

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article243633572.html

please read.

I last saw Alex at the Texas vs OSU basketball debacle in March. It sounds like his mom passed away shortly after that. Such a great kid, and a great representative of Texas, Pflugerville, UT, you name it. One of the most underrated/under appreciated players in recent memory (was the Big XII DPOY, a 1st team All American, and ended his career with an Alamo Bowl record 4.5 sacks). Such a shame that he gets forgotten because his teams weren't better. so please read this story from one of the best representatives our football program has produced in recent years. It's quite a moving piece, and it's a short read; simple, and to the point. I'm proud of Alex for the man he's become (I've known him for almost a dozen years now), and I'm proud of him for writing this piece, despite everything going on in this world and his life. Hook em Alex. 🤘🏼 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Forgotten?

yeah. i mean i never hear people mention his name at all, even when it should be one of the first names to pop into people's minds based on whatever particular discussion is taking place. from 2001-2009 (Okafor's freshman year) Texas went 101-16. The next three years we went 22-16, and because of that, people easily forget about how dominant Okafor was when he was on the field. he should be mentioned in the same breath as Orakpo, but he's not, and it's simply because nobody wants to think about/remember the years when he was at his best. it's a shame. 

• 7 months later...