Holistic Medicine, Chiropractor,Acupuncture, Hypnosis?

BNB

Has anyone done any of these?  I would like to hear your thoughts and experiences, and if you have any suggestions in Austin on places to go.

I have given up on traditional medicine.

I went to https://www.austinholisticdr.com/ This holistic Dr. today.  

It was an interesting experience, they gave me a bunch of supplements and tests to have done. (PH, Candida,  Stool DNA, Blood)

They offer Chiropractic and Acupuncture there, that I will try next session. 

I looked to see if Ricky had a practice :)

Thanks!

Edited by BNB

I'm already noticing a difference with the supplements I was given and the detox/diet after a couple of days.

I am already noticing better bowl movements, less anxiety, and more energy.

I suffer from Depression/Anxiety/GI issues/Skin issues

I had spent way to much time and money at the gastroligist and psychiatrist and on medicine that hasn't worked.

No one ever recommended Alternative medicine, supplements, doing a detox.  They didn't have me do most of the tests above.

I am doing a detox right now and taking :

Repairvite for my gut.

https://www.amazon.com/Apex-Energetics-K-60-REPAIRVITE-173g/dp/B00CBYAYXG

Pro GAD Enhancer for Depression/Anxiety/Mood

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-GAD-Enhancer-Capsules-Neurobiologix/dp/B07TK3F95T/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=pro+gad&qid=1593020811&s=hpc&sr=1-2

Drenamin for depression/anxiety/mood/energy

https://www.amazon.com/Standard-Process-Production-Antioxidant-Riboflavin/dp/B002D2W1LY/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=dremamin&qid=1593020889&s=hpc&sr=1-3

EnzymixPro for my gut.

https://www.amazon.com/Apex-Energetics-Adaptocrine-K-2-Capsules/dp/B007RP9Y62/ref=sr_1_2?crid=OTFJ6X6P2UF5&dchild=1&keywords=enzymixpro&qid=1593024061&s=hpc&sprefix=enzymix%2Chpc%2C173&sr=1-2

I got them all from the Holistic Dr. , reading the reviews on amazon, it seems like they all have something to do with GI/Mood/Anxiety.

This doc seems to know what he is doing as far as supplements and what we talked about.  The patient intake form was like 16 pages long.  Most thorough of any other DR. I had been to.

Looking forward to my first chiropractic session in a couple of weeks to help with this also.

Edited by BNB

There was a thread on TOS about chiro.  In my experience, it works well when I tweak something in my back.  I go and get it popped and I'm usually good to go again after a visit or maybe 2.  In rare cases, my chiro has also done accupuncture when trying to get a knot out of my back.  It hurt, but again, it worked.  I probably go to the chiro anywhere from 0-4 times per year.

I think the chiros that tell you that you need to come every couple of weeks for maintenance are quacks.  Find a good one and they are worth it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

There was a thread on TOS about chiro.  In my experience, it works well when I tweak something in my back.  I go and get it popped and I'm usually good to go again after a visit or maybe 2.  In rare cases, my chiro has also done accupuncture when trying to get a knot out of my back.  It hurt, but again, it worked.  I probably go to the chiro anywhere from 0-4 times per year.

I think the chiros that tell you that you need to come every couple of weeks for maintenance are quacks.  Find a good one and they are worth it.

Yeah, I guess thats what I like about this place, is it is a total "Wellness" center.   I will see how often he wants me to come for Chiro treatment.

I am just learning about Chiro, I remember my roommate in college going whenever he had sinus issues, and I was like wtf, but after reading more up on it, it is very interesting, how they say your spinal column is connected to your brain and can affect so many parts of the body.

I've only had a massage once in my life.  I used to stand up and twist and be able to crack my back when I was in my youth, remembering how good that felt.  We will see.  I am optimistic, and willing to do/try  anything to cure my ailments.

Edited by BNB

I did have a hip replaced when I was 35 due to Avascular Necrosis and I remember the Dr. couldn't believe it took me that long to come in. 

So, I think I have a high thresh hold for physical pain. 

After I had the surgery I walked into the Dr's office with a cane a week later(and I didn't even feel I needed that) and everyone in the office couldn't believe it.  He got mad and said I needed to stay on the crutches.  

My back and other hip don't feel great at 47 now.  I have probably needed it for awhile.

Edited by BNB
  • Like 1

I did have a hip replaced when I was 35 due to Avascular Necrosis and I remember the Dr. couldn't believe it took me that long to come in. 
So, I think I have a high thresh hold for physical pain. 
After I had the surgery I walked into the Dr's office with a cane a week later(and I didn't even feel I needed that) and everyone in the office couldn't believe it.  He got mad and said I needed to stay on the crutches.  
 My back and other hip don't feel great at 47 now.  I have probably needed it for awhile.
For someone like you, i could see needing regular adjustments. I know my Doc, who does not push that stuff, says he has several patients who come in weekly or every other week. Otherwise they can't walk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw him a week ago, we spent an hr. talking about by blood results. 

There was no time for my first Chiropractic session, Stool DNA Sample test still wasn't back (300 dollar test), but I see him again in a week.

Besides the main stuff, I needed Vitamin D, So I have another supplement.  Vitamin D/K(Supposedly K helps you absorb D)

I have been sleeping 6-8 hrs continuously for the first time in a year.

So, I give high marks so far.  I think the combination of supplements and diet are working.  

My Cholesterol was high, but hopefully that will get better with the diet and supplements.

I lost 10 lbs the first week.  I'm still about 20 lbs from average weight for me.  

I am finding more energy and have started doing some exercise. Motivation is hard, but my IBS issues are down 90%, so I feel like I can do some stuff now.

I plan on trying out a Hypnotherapist this week to see what they can do for me.  I was telling a family member about it, and they did it for the first time (they did 3 sessions) and they said it helped them sleep. (worked)

This has been my grocery list/menu the last few weeks, just having it delivered, so I don't have to be tempted at the store.

(Souve/Grilled/Pan fried in Coconut Oil)
Chicken breasts 2 lbs
Sirloin Steak 2 lbs

(Roasted)
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Zucchini
Yellow squash
Onion

(Steamed)
Artichokes 2
Asparagus

(salads)
Spring Mix
Romaine lettuce
Cucumber 4
Canned Black Olives 3
Canned Artichoke Hearts 2
Avocados 5
Limes/Lemons 5

Chicken breasts 2 lbs
Sirloin Steak 2 lbs

Carrots(Pickle)
4 lbs ground beef (beef jerky)

(sweets)
Grapes
Plums

I get a breakfast juice from Juiceland or SoupPeddler:
Cucumber/Kale/Spinach/Celery/Parsley.

After another week or 2, I can start adding a food item back, like eggs, try it for 3 days, then add something else.  It is going to be a long process.

I have used a chiro. in the past.  I am older than you.  Once every six months was plenty for me, but I don't have your issues.  I just had a stiff back.  My chiro. in the Dallas area did the needle trick once and it was very, very good.  

However, the very best thing for my back, and whole body was Ashiatsu.  The lady walked on my back, front, all over.  Unbelievably good.  She is in the metroplex, so if you're in the area, her name is Brandi Vasquez.  She was so good, I realized I was going to the chiro. less often.  Sometimes when she walked on my back, it would pop.  Not often but often enough that if I had to choose between going to her and going to the chiro. I would choose her in a heartbeat.  Edit, misspelled her name....Brandee 

Edited by orangecat92
misspelled name
  • Like 1

A lot of the physical symptoms you describe can be caused by food allergies and gut heath, so seems you are on the right track there.

I’ve always viewed chiro and massage as as-needed maintenance. Do them together, put the bones back in place and relax the muscles that are pulling them out of place. Best advice I ever got was from a PT that was a former chiro - don’t use weekly chiro adjustments as a long term care strategy, get things fixed and then strengthen the muscles, adjust posture etc. to keep them fixed.

Tried acupuncture, don’t mind it but doesn’t do much for me.

• Like 1

So, The last 2 weeks were sort of depressing, b/c I didn't notice much difference, I only lost 3 lbs on the cleanse.  The rest of my symptoms were about the same.

I got my $300 GI DNA  map test results back.

https://www.diagnosticsolutionslab.com/tests/gi-map

I am pretty high in Difficile Toxin A and Helicobacter pylori

Now that we know the specific bacteria, we are treating that.

Hopefully the new supplements  do their job, killing bacteria, and help healthy bacteria grow, where I was low, along with my continued strict diet.

https://systemicformulas.com/products/3-bactrex/

https://www.apexenergetics.com/h-plr

I was told I can start introducing a new food every 3 days.  I am sort of weary, b/c my symptoms haven't changed much, but he stated I should notice a big difference if I eat eggs or something.

I miss eggs most.  I was never a fan of sweets, so the nix sugar thing hasn't been effecting me.

I have been making jerky every week, but if I eat too much I think it fucks with me.  

So hard not to eat the whole 4lbs(2lbs dehydrated?) in a couple of sittings.

I got my first Chiropractor adjustment.  I had seen videos of lots of cracks, I just had a few.

I didn't feel too much at the time, but I feel looser now, a little sore.

On my next checkup in 2 weeks he will "adjust me" more and I am going to try their Acupuncturist.

So, I am throwing everything at my symptoms(GI,Depression,Anxiety,Energy), I might not know what really helps(does chiropractor and acupuncture help?), but I know the nutrition/diet/supplements should, And I will figure it all out later.  I just want to feel better asap.

I'm looking at the YMCA, Golds Gym and Planet Fitness for a gym. (I live central).  They aren't too expensive, but hopefully they will help me get motivated.

YMCA is $50, Golds is $30, Planet Fitness is 23 or 10.

I need to tour Ymca town lake to see what they offer now.

Golds has free Yoga and other classes, I have never done yoga, but want to try, I am between downtown and Ben White, so that is the most promising.

(I used to be a member at Golds(Little field Mall)  way back when they had a racquetball court, good times.)

Planet fitness is cheap and has massage and tanning, but not sure if you want that in covid.

I probably just talked myself into Golds Gym, unless I see free boxing classes or something at YMCA Town Lake.

If you belong to one of these, please give me your feedback.

I have been watching a lot of youtube and reading a bunch on health , foods to eat, and recipes.

This is my favorite youtube

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=flavcity

This is my favorite website

https://www.healthline.com/

Edited by BNB

Wow, my hips no longer hurt while I sleep, I am no longer tossing and turning through the night.

The new supplements I am taking to fight the specific bacteria from my test seem to be working, by bowl movements are even better.

I think I will finally try Hypnosis, see if it can help me quit smoking, fight my alcohol cravings, motivation, depression/anxiety.

• Hook 'Em 1