Tulsa 06/20/2020 megathread

immamac

This is not the politically rally thread, but this is going to be a major event and point of discussion today and possibly (but hopefully not) for days to come.

This isn't the thread to push or talk about support for any candidate it is a thread to discuss the activities in and around the BOK center in Tulsa on June 20th. 

May God help us all.

• Like 1

I have it on incredibly good authority that there is going to be a major global event taking place at 4:44p-CDT in Tulsa today.  It's just what I heard, this guy is extremely reliable and extremely well educated (PhD, studied at Texas).  It may even be in coordination at the same time in other locations.   

Edited by Lobo

15 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I have it on incredibly good authority that there is going to be a major global event taking place at 4:44p-CDT in Tulsa today.  It's just what I heard, this guy is extremely reliable and extremely well educated (PhD, studied at Texas).  It may even be in coordination at the same time in other locations.   

are they watching the Belmont outside the BOK?  Cool!

23 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is not the politically rally thread, but this is going to be a major event and point of discussion today and possibly (but hopefully not) for days to come.

This isn't the thread to push or talk about support for any candidate it is a thread to discuss the activities in and around the BOK center in Tulsa on June 20th. 

May God help us all.

You're just throwing out chum so you can ban people. There is no way this won't turn political. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Summer solstice? 

No, that's just the demonstrator's operational codename for it. 

Yes, just attempting some levity in the thread before it turns into nothing but people accusing other people of bringing politics into it.  

I will say some of this has been media hype.  But if you don't think that his presence in Tulsa, a city torn apart by racial strife and police trust issues, during a fucking pandemic where most of these old fatties shouldn't be out anyway (but are so stupid, they're not seeing the irony of the waivers they have to sign).  On Juneteenth weekend during the largest swell for civil rights and criminal justice reform in a half century.  During an election season that is already NOT going according to plan, under one body-blow in the courts/DOJ after another this week...all of that culminates for a big day in America...you're out of your fucking mind.  

Tulsa is a really neat place. Lots of great bars, local restaurants, and live music. They even have a guy who rides a bike with a dildo on his helmet who ran for mayor one time! Reminds me of early 2000s Austin. Only problem is that you have to drive to Oklahoma to visit it. 

Maybe we can annex it when the next civil war happens.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Tulsa is a really neat place. Lots of great bars, local restaurants, and live music. They even have a guy who rides a bike with a dildo on his helmet who ran for mayor one time! Reminds me of early 2000s Austin. Only problem is that you have to drive to Oklahoma to visit it. 

Maybe we can annex it when the next civil war happens.

Biker Fox?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SDG said:

What time is the rally? (please add time zone).  

According to NYT...

President Trump is scheduled to attend two events in Tulsa, Okla., on Saturday: at 7 p.m. Eastern time, he will deliver brief remarks at what the White House called a “Great American Comeback Celebration” event, and then he will attend a rally inside the BOK Center scheduled for 8 p.m.

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

You're just throwing out chum so you can ban people. There is no way this won't turn political. 

Don’t be a pussy

Edited by Sawbonz
Double post in one post. I’m going to go get the papers get the papers
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

May God help us all.

Is this the thread where it would be appropriate to drop in and say: "Fuck Oklahoma?"

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Couldn’t the same be said for just about any political rally? I don’t know many working people who attend things like this.

i'd be very curious to see how many are drawing a 'disability' check of some sort 

5 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Couldn’t the same be said for just about any political rally? I don’t know many working people who attend things like this.

I’m assuming having it in Oklahoma only skews the metrics even further...

6 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Yeah but they probably rail against “other people” getting it and say things like “keep the government out of my healthcare” while on Medicaid/Medicare