COVID-19 2nd wave - Texas only - Stats and such

justhookit

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Well furk, friend that was making their monthly Costco run, and was going to pick up a few things for us, said people are already making runs on the stores.

For fuck's sake, we aren't going to run out of shit at this point.  Curbside has worked just fine.

I had Costco delivered yesterday, because I was unwilling to go out. Costco uses Instant Cart for deliveries dude. Look into it, imo. If you don't have a membership, share this link with him:

https://sameday.costco.com/store

Well furk, friend that was making their monthly Costco run, and was going to pick up a few things for us, said people are already making runs on the stores.
For fuck's sake, we aren't going to run out of shit at this point.  Curbside has worked just fine.
It's Austin. People make runs on the stores for fun.

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I had Costco delivered yesterday, because I was unwilling to go out. Costco uses Instant Cart for deliveries dude. Look into it, imo. If you don't have a membership, share this link with him:

They can't deliver what they don't have.  Like gmr said, it's Austin.

https://abc13.com/health/montgomery-co-buys-something-it-hopes-to-never-use/6267151/

Montgomery County buying porta-hospitals.

As Montgomery County hospitals brace for an anticipated influx of coronavirus patients in the next few weeks, county officials greenlighted the purchase of an item they said they hope to never use.

Commissioners approved the purchase of a portable shelter June 23 to be used for overflow patients if hospitals reach full capacity. The cost is not to exceed $500,000, and the shelter can hold up to 75 patients, said Jason Millsaps, the chief of staff for County Judge Mark Keough.

"When they push that panic button and call (us); for logistic support, this is a tool in the chest that we need," Millsaps told commissioners.

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

My step father was literally accosted in the fucking grocery store by a mouth breathing aggie about a month ago. He's 73 and grocery shopping in a mask and gloves and minding his own business, and a piece of shit hillbilly slathered head to toe in Maroon, in his 40's, comes up right next to him and says "Unmask, Longhorn." I wish I had been there. 

Holy shit.  I don't think I would have been able to maintain my composure and not physically assault that asshole had I witnessed that.  WTF?

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

My step father was literally accosted in the fucking grocery store by a mouth breathing aggie about a month ago. He's 73 and grocery shopping in a mask and gloves and minding his own business, and a piece of shit hillbilly slathered head to toe in Maroon, in his 40's, comes up right next to him and says "Unmask, Longhorn." I wish I had been there. 

I would have paid to see you be there.  Seriously.  Would have been so entertaining.

28 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Holy shit.  I don't think I would have been able to maintain my composure and not physically assault that asshole had I witnessed that.  WTF?

24 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Yeah that dude mighta got popped.

There would have been a massive confrontation if I had been there. Covid risk be damned. My step father is the nicest man in the world, basically IS my father, and is about 5’9” and avoids conflict. I am pretty much the exact opposite of that in every regard. He was really pissed off though. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

There was massive pushback when Hidalgo tried to implement masks in Harris County. People are revolting against a mask mandate now that it's official in Harris County. People are too fucking stupid about the stupidest fucking shit. 

My coworker was just in Houston last week (and I'll be next week) and she was all around Spring/Tomball/The Woodlands/Magnolia (aggy central).  Said the looks and comments she got for wearing a mask or not touching door handles blew her mind.  People like "why are you wearing that" "You don't need to do that"

She said someone was on the side of the road selling "anti-masks" outside of Tomball.  Had holes in the mouth and nostrils.  I was like yup, checks out, it's Tomball. 

6 minutes ago, Js1 said:

My coworker was just in Houston last week (and I'll be next week) and she was all around Spring/Tomball/The Woodlands/Magnolia (aggy central).  Said the looks and comments she got for wearing a mask or not touching door handles blew her mind.  People like "why are you wearing that" "You don't need to do that"

She said someone was on the side of the road selling "anti-masks" outside of Tomball.  Had holes in the mouth and nostrils.  I was like yup, checks out, it's Tomball. 

Yeah. It’s why we live inside the loop. It gets pretty glaring the closer you get to Montgomery county. 

i will say I was out today and I did see 100% mask coverage in Houston. Granted it’s now a mandate but I still expected to see rebellion. Everyone save joggers were covered. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Anti-Masks?  I'll give you all my rep and mail you a check if you can get a photo of one of those masks.  Preferably with somebody wearing on.  This is amazing, even for Tomball.

Mask up, stay home, and let Darwin sort the rest out. Unfortunately, members of my family aren't taking it as serious as they need to. Some people don't move until they get popped on the nose with a newspaper. The wife and I almost hit the breaking point on staying home. Friends and family are out and about like it's June 2019, haven't been to the gym since March, our oldest was supposed to start kindergarten... Just total disarray and it weighs heavy on us. It got to the point where we were questioning our own judgment. Now we're on wave 2 and glad we've held out.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Anybody else getting appointment cancellations from Austin-area dentist offices?  We just got them for our kids, rescheduled for a month out.

I’ve been scheduling and rescheduling a cleaning since late March.  I doubt I’ll get one anytime soon.  Just been gargling with bleach in the meantime.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

... Everyone thinks that it won't happen to them, until it does ...

Wrong approach. I worry to death that it will hit my Texas family. Especially now when it is not the time you want to get it down there. Could the strain be less severe? Maybe. But if you get it, and you're one of the cases that goes to the hospital, I worry about where they are going to put you.

The thread title is so fucking farcical at this point lol.

We're in the middle of either a REALLY long first wave or the beginning of a second wave of a pandemic in our state because our governor pushed a reopening ahead of guidelines and has undermined local authority and proactive measures like mask ordinances through executive orders.

But no politics!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 2

45 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

Mask up, stay home, and let Darwin sort the rest out. Unfortunately, members of my family aren't taking it as serious as they need to. Some people don't move until they get popped on the nose with a newspaper. The wife and I almost hit the breaking point on staying home. Friends and family are out and about like it's June 2019, haven't been to the gym since March, our oldest was supposed to start kindergarten... Just total disarray and it weighs heavy on us. It got to the point where we were questioning our own judgment. Now we're on wave 2 and glad we've held out.

We were right there. We were about to put our toddler back into daycare and resume work. The week before a teacher there tested positive. Then this snowball. We feel like we got lucky but our kid’s intellectual growth weighs heavy on us. It’s hard. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Hey fuckhead, yes no politics. This thread has worked great for well over a dozen pages and here you show up to throw your fucking tantrum that there’s some spot you can’t smear your political thoughts on. Get the fuck out of here. Go back to the other thread. And be sure to get fucked in the process. 

Hey, buddy, take a chill pill lol. I'm just noting that our current situation has been actively been made worse by our state leaders. No mention of party or politics. It's a fact. If your feelings can't handle that then you should read the banner that keeps fucking popping up

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

4 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

We were right there. We were about to put our toddler back into daycare and resume work. The week before a teacher there tested positive. Then this snowball. We feel like we got lucky but our kid’s intellectual growth weighs heavy on us. It’s hard. 

How old? I'm pretty thankful ours are 2.5... Old enough to be ruggedized, too young to know they're missing anything. 

16 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Hey, buddy, take a chill pill lol. I'm just noting that our current situation has been actively been made worse by our state leaders. No mention of party or politics. It's a fact. If your feelings can't handle that then you should read the banner that keeps fucking popping up

No, fuckface, I witnessed this And your behavior in the bulk on the other thread. And now you want to start it here. It always starts innocently enough, with raised hands. And then it devolves into shit. Fuck off. Everyone with eyes knows why we’re here, you showing up to point it out brings nothing to the table and creates great potential for this thread to become a shitshow. So go fuck yourself. No one needs your singular prescience to inform us how we got here. My feelings can handle a lot, but if you suggest other folks read then maybe you should read the fucking thread title and abide, instead of lawyering semantics so you can blow your political load where it isn’t wanted. 

There is another covid daily texan thread that has been fucked you can post on. There is one in the cloak room. The only reason to express your opinion here is because you’re intent on being a cocksucking shitface who gets off being a derailing shit. So piss off Political Stanco.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 5

If only there were mitigation factors we could have in place instead of telling old people who'd like to have surgery to walk again to get fucking bent.  

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

If only there were mitigation factors we could have in place instead of telling old people who'd like to have surgery to walk again to get fucking bent.  

Do you mean there are things Texas residents could collectively be doing that would benefit everyone's safety? weird /s

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

No, fuckface, I witnessed this And your behavior in the bulk on the other thread. And now you want to start it here. It always starts innocently enough, with raised hands. And then it devolves into shit. Fuck off. Everyone with eyes knows why we’re here, you showing up to point it out brings nothing to the table and creates great potential for this thread to become a shitshow. So go fuck yourself. No one needs your singular prescience to inform us how we got here. My feelings can handle a lot, but if you suggest other folks read then maybe you should read the fucking thread title and abide, instead of lawyering semantics so you can blow your political load where it isn’t wanted. 

Methinks the lady doth protest too much. I've been active in this thread prior to your mall cop act

Edited by Captainant
  • Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Methinks the lady doth protest too much

That makes zero sense in context. I’m protesting too much to cover what thoughts I have, exactly?Next time maybe resist the urge to be clever, which isn’t working out so well for you, and just say you think I’m a little bitch. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Exact same age. 2.5. 

We let our 3.5 year old go to 'camp' at his preschool from like 8:30 to noon this week. Only 3 other kids in his 'class' + his teacher he had contact with.  You had to certify nobody in family had symptoms and you hadn't been around groups and I think a temp check daily and they washed hands like 8 times, but obviously only so many precautions you can take at that age.  Last day was today.  We both said we probably wouldn't have let him do it next week.  It was great for him but fingers crossed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

We let our 3.5 year old go to 'camp' at his preschool from like 8:30 to noon this week. Only 3 other kids in his 'class' + his teacher he had contact with.  You had to certify nobody in family had symptoms and you hadn't been around groups and I think a temp check daily and they washed hands like 8 times, but obviously only so many precautions you can take at that age.  Last day was today.  We both said we probably wouldn't have let him do it next week.  It was great for him but fingers crossed.

Yeah we were all there mentally then the floor dropped out. Glad he had that experience though man. 

Travis County just reporting... 183 for the day. Fingers crossed that the memorial day/protests peak is subsiding. https://austin.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/39e4f8d4acb0433baae6d15a931fa984  

657176682_ScreenShot2020-06-25at5_44_47PM.thumb.png.103b56b8a967c2562b47c3a2496a40e7.png

49 hospitalizations which is bad. But the hospitalizations will always trail the cases by a week or two. Let's hope we see a nice tapering off of cases too (and that the low number today isn't just a backlog issue like the last "good day")

I just can't get over the mandated shutdown of elective surgeries. I don't think it's political to say Abbott puts a lot of importance on the economy. So for him to shut down the primary drivers of profit for a ton of hospitals means he knows the shit is about to hit the fan. I'm apprehensive about the next few weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

There is another covid daily texan thread that has been fucked you can post on. There is one in the cloak room. The only reason to express your opinion here is because you’re intent on being a cocksucking shitface who gets off being a derailing shit. So piss off Political Stanco.

calmer than you are

Had a coworker test positive earlier this week.  In my office, it's pretty easy to isolate, and I haven't even seen this person in over 3 weeks.  Our office does not require masks for personal interactions, which is ridiculous, but the only people I'm really in contact with always mask up.  But we had a meeting yesterday where they told us about our coworker and then proceeded to make no changes to current protocols, which merely involve every employee having his/her temperature taken (on the forehead) each morning.  I checked.  She never had a temperature. Oh, and even if temp was a common symptom, that thermometer is a joke.  I was 94.1 this morning.

This is why we can't have nice things.

side note:  Since each member of my family was sick to varying degrees between December and March, I dropped into labcorp for the antibody test yesterday morning.  Negative.  Figured it would be, but was curious.  Super easy.  Sign up online, select the I don't have insurance option (even if you do).  Pay $10.  Make an appointment.  In and out in 5 minutes.  Had my results in less than 24 hours.

Edited by dcbc
  • Like 6

• immamac changed the title to COVID-19 2nd wave - Texas only - Stats and such