COVID-19 2nd wave - Texas only - Stats and such

justhookit

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

If only there were mitigation factors we could have in place instead of telling old people who'd like to have surgery to walk again to get fucking bent.  

And apparently my kids dentist, which is a chain, and they were told to shut down.    

I used to think it’d be cool to see a slow-moving train wreck happen.  Now that I’m watching it, and seeing people standing on the tracks in front of the train without a single care, and nobody trying to really stop the train other than discussing whether somebody should try and stop it, it’s.....not fun.

Hope y’all non-bidet owning Surly types have toilet paper, because me thinks we are about to see shortages.   

22 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Guys if you haven’t bailed yet I highly recommend it. WY is way better then TX right now. Get out while you can! 

I am so glad we booked Colorado. We got here Monday and are here until the 6th. May see about pushing a couple of more weeks after that.

12 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Guess I'll check back in here since it looks like Thunderdome is finally coming for Houston.

I was going to go to Costco yesterday, but said fuck it and just paid someone to do it for me. I've been pretty happy with our own personal routine of shopping, cleaning products, and staying safe, but this...this just feels like the bad shit we prepared for 3 months ago is hitting right when everyone got exhausted and refuses to listen to any instructions or anything anymore. Guess this is the place for updates and whatnot moving forward. Here we go. 

You post inspired me to this idea:

Okay, here is what I have been seeing from various people.

1. People wanting / needing / having to stay home as the clampdown returns. Some of these people are in good financial shape.

2. Lots of people losing jobs as the clampdown returns, some of them resorting to work for Lyft / Uber Eats / Favor etc. Most of these people are in not good financial shape.

Solution:

Set up a local FB page wherein we match up runners with the homebound within our networks. Errand runners for those needing errands run. Cut out the parasitic middleman for drivers, their customers, and the restaurants. and bring a human element in.

I don't have time to run a page like that, but I hope somebody will, and I think that someone should be someone who is out of work, and that we can crowdsource money for that person or people.

56 minutes ago, Bartles said:

thats-cold.jpeg.82598f86cbb10622e431616cdacbca3f.jpeg

I always laugh, and dad joke that I'm as cold as ice.  I take my temp before I leave the house and also remind myself that it's not a constant symptom and temp checks are relatively dumb.

High school kegger in Lakeway had 300 kids in attendance and some were C-19 positive before they went to the party.

https://www.lakeway-tx.gov/DocumentCenter/View/34862/Austin-Public-Health-Lakeway-Party-Notification

Not present, one year too young and other friends didn’t go. At least 2 degrees of separation for us but DAMN. Wtf?!
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, troph said:

Not present, one year too young and other friends didn’t go. At least 2 degrees of separation for us but DAMN. Wtf?!

How many enabling parents do you think were involved. Pongfest. Cheerleaders, cavalettes, football, and soccer is what I heard. 

Dumb fucks gonna dumb fuck.  And the fucking kids manning the gas pumps need to wear masks. 

1 minute ago, troph said:

Bunch of idiot freak shows. Fucking baker mayfields if you ask me.

This motherfucker baker.  Don't get me started.  Saw him leaving the marina on a cheap ass pontoon rental day before the draft.  One of the right out buster boats they float out of there. And he had zero boat candy on board. Zero. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

High school kegger in Lakeway had 300 kids in attendance and some were C-19 positive before they went to the party.

https://www.lakeway-tx.gov/DocumentCenter/View/34862/Austin-Public-Health-Lakeway-Party-Notification

It doesn't happen very often,  but every once in a while I thank god my kids are still toddlers. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, texas08 said:

dumb asses, wonder how many parents/grandparents that party just hospitalized/killed

So I am asking again...  If any of those kids knew they were positive and attended, is it a criminal act? 

Can we start fucking these people over?  Because they're fucking us over.

At the marina? Yeah. Otherwise it would be a qualified captain disaster scene. Haven’t been in a while, they were wearing masks a month ago.
Most of the gas up spots on the lake are manned by high school kids. 
I read it as gas pumps for cars. Boats makes more sense. I thought y'all had some real surly 1% gas stations out there.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Over/under on # of COVID “waves?”
I say 5. July 4 will get wrapped into this one.  Labor Day/school.  October. Holidays.
That’s assuming vaccine before Easter.  
If we're still seeing cases rise like this after the fourth of July there won't be another wave associated with labor day because we'll still be dealing with the first one. I do think Thanksgiving and black Friday will be a nationwide superspreading event.

29 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

So I am asking again...  If any of those kids knew they were positive and attended, is it a criminal act? 

Can we start fucking these people over?  Because they're fucking us over.

My gut reaction is on your wave length.  And don't let the parents off the hook either.

And then I remember what it was like to be a dumb fuck teenager with more testosterone than brains.

Hopefully it shocks a few of the kids into doing the right things moving forward.  

I need an outlet.

My family has been on the conservative side of precautions we used curbside for 2 months until we were told "back to normal" ;) but should have known better. (We're going back) We have been doing a small group of families contact limitation so our kids don't go crazy.  The problem is we have the 11 and 6 year olds with friends that have same age kids and then we have the 13 year old.  13 year old friends have older high school and college age siblings.  This is going to be our problem.  We're going to have to cut our 13 year old off from her friends and it sucks for her but we don't want this.

We are finishing a trip to SPI right now with one of the families in the same condo complex.  It's a hotspot down here but we have limited trips to get stuff and we are all wearing masks except when at our condo pool or on the beach.  Not everyone else is following the rules of wearing masks indoors.  I swear that meme about wearing a mask is an IQ test is true.  It's not a race thing, it's not a class thing, it's s stupid thing.  I see some poor people of color being more strict and some wealthy white people that DGAF.

Not to bring politics into it but I really think it depends on if they watch a certain national "news" network or not.  So the combination of stupid people and families with 16-25 year olds is what is spreading this.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

My gut reaction is on your wave length.  And don't let the parents off the hook either.

And then I remember what it was like to be a dumb fuck teenager with more testosterone than brains.

Hopefully it shocks a few of the kids into doing the right things moving forward.  

Have y'all forgotten what's undefeated? You could puty up walls, barbed wire fences, land mines. It ain't gonna work.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I am so glad we booked Colorado. We got here Monday and are here until the 6th. May see about pushing a couple of more weeks after that.

Yep going on vacation in about 10 days.

To Arizona.

I’m sure since it’s summer there has been a nice, steady decline of cases there...right?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Key quote:  Some attendees reported they were waiting for their COVID-19 test results at the time of the party and have now received positive results.

They same thing we hear about all the time.  So it seems like if you have had a contact and need the test you should self quarantine until after you get the results.

Gov Abbot just announced all Bars to close and restaurants to go back to 50% capacity

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-takes-executive-action-to-contain-spread-of-covid-19

The order includes the following:

• All bars and similar establishments that receive more than 51% of their gross receipts from the sale of alcoholic beverages are required to close at 12:00 PM today. These businesses may remain open for delivery and take-out, including for alcoholic beverages, as authorized by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission. 
  • Restaurants may remain open for dine-in service, but at a capacity not to exceed 50% of total listed indoor occupancy, beginning Monday, June 29, 2020.
  • Rafting and tubing businesses must close.
  • Outdoor gatherings of 100 or more people must be approved by local governments, with certain exceptions.

Edited by BTW
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, trauma babe said:

If you are AT ALL able to give blood, please please please do so as soon as you can

What's the situation like in Texas? I live in California now, and here there were significant shortages of blood. At least locally, they started offering free COVID-19 antibody test with donation and all of a sudden it's a 3-week waiting list to donate. Is that being done in your area?

43 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

Over/under on # of COVID “waves?”

I say 5. July 4 will get wrapped into this one.  Labor Day/school.  October. Holidays.

That’s assuming vaccine before Easter.  

I think we will see a constant new wave somewhere. NY is on a big downswing at the moment while TX, CA and FL are going up. NY will eventually become complacent and see a new wave perhaps a TX is coming down. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Please leave your coronavirus at home. Colorado may see a spike from the Utahrds spreading it to mountains towns throughout the mountain west 

Not to bring politics into it but I really think it depends on if they watch a certain national "news" network or not.  So the combination of stupid people and families with 16-25 year olds is what is spreading this.

I know, right? I see it all of the time here in The Woodlands. People that clearly watch CNN not wearing masks. It’s appalling really. That’s what you meant right after stating that the “no mask” wearing syndrome knows no race or socioeconomic status.
  • Like 5

Just now, Hate said:

I know, right? I see it all of the time here in The Woodlands. People that clearly watch CNN not wearing masks. It’s appalling really. That’s what you meant right after stating that the “no mask” wearing syndrome knows no race or socioeconomic status.

It’s a shame you don’t live in the loop. I have to think less of your opinion now. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Please leave your coronavirus at home. Colorado may see a spike from the Utahrds spreading it to mountains towns throughout the mountain west 

We are hanging at the crib and are vigorous mask wearers. Am positive that none of us have CV. I have turned into an OCD hand washer through all of this.

Definitely respectful of all the folks here in Breckenridge, just disappointing in the way that many Texans have turned wearing masks into some breach of their fundamental rights.

20 minutes ago, TexasEd said:

Not to bring politics into it but I really think it depends on if they watch a certain national "news" network or not. 

It's not only them. Go drive by any residential construction crew and count how many masks you see. I think it's primarily an education problem.

• immamac changed the title to COVID-19 2nd wave - Texas only - Stats and such