COVID-19 2nd wave - Texas only - Stats and such

justhookit

55 minutes ago, bluto said:

How is Dallas still in such good shape on hospital/icu/ventilator right now? Just the lag factor? The numbers are within a few pts of a few weeks ago

Don't know but I'd guess younger/healthier people so hospitalizations not going crazy?  Wonder if anyone that goes into the hospital and has covid is auto ICU?

26 minutes ago, huge said:

This is what I was referring to. Am I reading this wrongheadedly?

I don’t know what this is. I am getting my numbers from the Harris County health site.  Not sure where that guy’s numbers are from but they seem wrong

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I do as well, but Alex Jones is on top of this, along with his merry band of followers with pre-existing conditions.  He even rolled out his armored personnel carrier (how the hell did that not get taken in the divorce or Sandy Hook lawsuit losses?)

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200628/alex-jones-leads-anti-mask-protest-at-capitol

spacer.png

Hide contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Three comments/questions:

1) Surprised not to see Fitlump. She must’ve been riding bitch in that personnel carrier.

2) Nice black baseball cap, fat dickhole photographer on the right in that first spoilered image.

3) What the hell does “Goy Knol” mean on the sign in the second to last pic?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

3) What the hell does “Goy Knol” mean on the sign in the second to last pic?

i think it's like seeing a "Jak Se Mas" sign on TV at the Tour de France.

It's gotta be some dog whistle code for something.  I'm sure it's a call to join them on the deep web.  As certain groups get banned from mainstream social media/message board sites, they'll get turned onto chatter places down there (I think it's deep web, then dark web for the really sick shit).  No politics, I just think stupid people need places to congregate and I bet it's a fucking blast of a rabbit hole to go down.  

Goy=Gentile?  I did not know that.  I'm glad they clarified that up because when I see an Alex Jones/Alt-Right protest, I immediately think "Where's Mordecai?"  

So poor, uneducated, naive, and Anti-Semitic?  

2 hours ago, huge said:

Also Harris seems to be way below the other big counties.  Do we ascribe that to lack of testing?  Because I don't think its because we are a bastion of responsibility and discretion down here on the bayou...

Harris is definitely having issues with testing.  Employee of mine thinks she has it but has been trying to get a test for 2 days now.  She hasn't been able to get in yet.

11 minutes ago, Homercles said:

May have already mentioned it but Costco was out too.   Guy at the door says the people who come in for the early-bird seniors hour have been grabbing a lot of it lately.  

What is it with the fucking old people horading TP?  I thought we got that out of our systems a couple months ago?  Fuckin A, Mildred, you're not going to shit yourself to death if you get COVID.

26 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

What is it with the fucking old people horading TP?  I thought we got that out of our systems a couple months ago?  Fuckin A, Mildred, you're not going to shit yourself to death if you get COVID.

Well, we do shit regularly like everybody else.....ergo... we buy tp now & then.

50 minutes ago, Homercles said:

May have already mentioned it but Costco was out too.   Guy at the door says the people who come in for the early-bird seniors hour have been grabbing a lot of it lately.  

Fucking hell. We just did an HEB order for Thursday and they're already missing a few staples that we usually get. Things that were commonly missing back in April/May but had come back in the last 4-6 weeks.

We're going back to hoarding/grocery limits/not getting but 50% of your items on a curbside order, aren't we?

frustrated the missing GIF by STARZ

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Now that’s a quality excuse to miss work 

She's on 100% commission (head of our business development), so she's still working.  If she does have it, it's not a real bad case.  The worst part if she is positive is that she can't meet with anyone for a couple weeks.

23 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Well, we do shit regularly like everybody else.....ergo... we buy tp now & then.

I'm not talking about the folks buying it when they need it.  I'm talking about the folks who buy it every time they see it on shelves, even though they already have a garage full at home.  Grocery store worker told me a couple months ago that (at least at their store) it was the old people who were buying it out.  Often making multiple trips in the same day to see if they can buy more because of the limits.

6 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I'm still confused why being forced to wear clothes in public was never a big constitutional crisis.  Isn't that a violation of the same unnamed constitutional right?  At least the mask requirement is intended to protect people from disease, the clothing requirement is just based on one groups outmoded sense of morality.

seatbelts, car insurance, not smoking indoors/public places, and the list goes on.

But apparently a mask that can help save lives in the here and now is a line too far.

Then again, it's Texas.  Alex Jones had an audience on Austin Public Access.

• Like 1

Member that article I posted a day or two ago, where one of the Williamson County commissioners was posting their county stats, and that they had around 18 ICU beds left, and also the article about the Williamson County Judge who blew off the wearing of face masks, because, you know, the rural folks in WillCo?

Seems that with their looming hospital bed shortage, they've found the light.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/williamson-county/7-central-texas-cities-start-face-covering-orders-round-rock-requirement-not-only-for-businesses/

On Monday, seven Central Texas cities began the process for enacting a mask ordinance, including Round Rock, Georgetown, Cedar Park, Hutto, Taylor, Leander and Marble Falls. 

The mayors in the cities of Taylor, Hutto, Round Rock, Georgetown, Leander, and Cedar Park have worked together to create the face covering requirements.

An emergency ordinance passed by the Round Rock City Council requires all residents 10 years and older to wear masks when inside a business or outside when social distancing isn’t possible.

The emergency ordinance, which remains in effect from July 1 through Aug. 28, goes further than mask orders in Travis and Hays Counties, which mandated businesses to require customers and workers wear masks, but did not require masks to be worn outside.

Under the Round Rock city charter, Mayor Craig Morgan said the city has the ability to require masks to be worn inside businesses as well as outside.

“Yeah, you always worry about that but that was never the intent of this,” Round Rock Mayor Craig Morgan said. “We’re just doing everything we can to make sure that we don’t put any more burden on the hospitals and we’re hoping that the governor understands that.”

Round Rock says people who violate the order for the first time will get a spoken or written warning, but subsequent violations could result in fines between $200 and $1,000.

Gov. Greg Abbott has said Texans cannot be fined for not wearing a mask but said local governments can require businesses to require masks be worn. 

Abbott said in an interview with KXAN Monday that he hadn’t read Round Rock’s order, but “if it does impose a fine for people for not wearing a mask that part seems like it would contradict my executive order.”

“That said, I do want to applaud the city of Round Rock for stepping up and being one of the many communities across the state of Texas that has now imposed a mask requirement,” Abbott said.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Georgetown

Georgetown Mayor Dale Ross issued an order requiring employees and customers at commercial businesses to wear a face covering when social distancing cannot be maintained. This applies to all businesses that serve the public, as well as City facilities.

The order goes into effect on Friday, July 3. Mayor Ross says the order will remain in place until Williamson County reports a positive test rate of 7% or fewer over a two-week average.

The order: https://www.kxan.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/40/2020/06/Local_Order_Face-Masks_signed_6.29.2020.pdf

Exceptions to Round Rock mask ordinance

• When exercising or engaging in physical activity
  • When in a building that requires security surveillance, like a bank
  • When eating or drinking
  • When wearing a mask poses a greater mental or physical risk
  • When outside with a group of only members of a single household
  • When other mitigation strategies, like the use of plexiglass, provides adequate separation

Violating the emergency ordinance will first result in a verbal or written warning. Subsequent violations can result in up to a $1,000 fine. The Round Rock emergency ordinance puts the responsibility for compliance on individuals, not businesses, though businesses can be fined for not posting the mask requirement.

Hutto and Taylor

Hutto

Hutto’s mandatory mask ordinance requires face coverings for employees and customers at all businesses when social distancing isn’t feasible. The policy goes into effect on Wednesday, July 1.

Businesses must also implement a visible health and safety policy with the face covering requirement. Failure to implement the health and safety policy may result in a fine not to exceed $1,000 for each violation.

Taylor

The City of Taylor’s order will go into effect at midnight on Wednesday, July 1, and will continue through the month of July pending a change from Taylor Mayor Brandt Rydell.

All commercial businesses must require face coverings for employees and customers when six feet of social distancing isn’t possible. The City is also requiring businesses to post its safety policy inside the facility.

Marble Falls

Marble Falls

Effective Tuesday at 12 a.m., face coverings must be worn at all times by persons over the age of two years old in public places within the City of Marble Falls.

Anyone with a medical condition preventing the wearing of a mask are exempt from the order. The requirement applies to employees, customers and clients of businesses within the City.

Over the age of two in public places?

spacer.png

• Like 2

Panic buying at grocery stores is happening again. Be someone who doesn’t and respect your neighbors. Don’t be a selfish asshole. You don’t need 400 equivalent rolls of TP or 12 3-packs of Lysol wipes. Fuck off. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Covri said:

Panic buying at grocery stores is happening again. Be someone who doesn’t and respect your neighbors. Don’t be a selfish asshole. You don’t need 400 equivalent rolls of TP or 12 3-packs of Lysol wipes. Fuck off. 

How is panic buying still a thing?  We've been at this for 4 months?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Lots of selfish assholes in this state as demonstrated by our need to lock down again because people refuse to wear a mask. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

I'm not talking about the folks buying it when they need it.  I'm talking about the folks who buy it every time they see it on shelves, even though they already have a garage full at home.  Grocery store worker told me a couple months ago that (at least at their store) it was the old people who were buying it out.  Often making multiple trips in the same day to see if they can buy more because of the limits.

Store should quit selling prunes to those oldfarts.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Our little neighborhood Randalls had a shit-ton of hand sanitizer, TP, and paper towels.  Like, the amount of hand sanitizer takes up the amount of space their normal TP/paper towel section does.

So Nueces County new cases once again at 205. ICU up from 18 to 29. Hospitalizations up from 80 to 93.  I THINK this is a lag from not reporting those hospital/icu numbers yesterday. So it’s not quite as bad as it might look.

However we’ve been reporting new case numbers every day and it’s been steady around 200 for 6 days now. I’ve got a growing concern that this is being caused because we are at or very near our testing limits and not because we are “flat”.

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Exceptions to Round Rock mask ordinance

• When exercising or engaging in physical activity (i.e. the time you are exhaling with the most power behind each exhale)
  • When wearing a mask poses a greater mental risk (these are the fucking idiots that are buying the fake "exempt from wearing a mask" ID cards from the web)
  • When outside with a group of only members of a single household (because whole families NEVER contract the virus at the same time)

Wilco, keep doing Wilco

Edited by AUS-97HORN

• immamac changed the title to COVID-19 2nd wave - Texas only - Stats and such