COVID-19 2nd wave - Texas only - Stats and such

justhookit

Well, they’re harming the rest of us, so….yeah…forgive us if we’re pissed that people have an easy path to keeping things steady, not harming economic activity, education, healthcare, and the physical well-being of everyone else.

So your right to “feel safe” trumps others personal rights to their own body? Interesting
  • Fuck You 6

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

What’s the solution when healthcare is on the verge of collapse due to being overwhelmed by covid?

Let it collapse for sake of freedom?

Turn away covid patients which opens the door for denial of service for reasons?

Mandatory vaccinations?

Shut downs?

Other?

That isn’t happening nor will it.   

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Newdoc said:

The concept of societal constructs and public health completely baffles some of our posters.

I have lost complete patience for the idiot faction in our society that continues to double down on stupidity and lack of common sense for the ideology and religion of factional pseudoscience.  I am done. I am tired. 

Chill Doc..

. sit down and have a drink....

AD8BFACC-0FEF-4F7D-BF8B-DB3454E81BAB.jpeg

• Haha 1

The concept of societal constructs and public health completely baffles some of our posters.
I have lost complete patience for the idiot faction in our society that continues to double down on stupidity and lack of common sense for the ideology and religion of factional pseudoscience.  I am done. I am tired. 

Feel free to have a bourbon, then sit down and explain. I’m all ears. Seriously. No troll here.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:40 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Daily new positive averages (by week) for the Houston-area as of last weekend. The growth from the previous week is the highest percentage in over a year. Hopefully this reverses itself somewhat next week.

Brazoria, Chambers, Galveston and Montgomery counties are getting worse. Some of them are having days of over 100 positive cases. 

TMC-COVID-19-Monitoring-Metrics-7-12-202

Pretty interesting that this is the week it peaked last summer. 

• Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Almost two weeks after July 4th.  Who woulda thunk it.

I was thinking more that the environmental factors that make the sunbelt prone to summer covid waves (heat, everyone sharing a/c and ventilation) could cause enough exposure to make it peak by this time. It’s probably hopium given that delta spreads easier and maybe in different situations, but I saw it as an interesting coincidence. 

• Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, Herbie Hancock said:

So your right to “feel safe” trumps others personal rights to their own body? Interesting

No, but the fact that these assholes are endangering my mom because she medically cannot get the vaccine.

Yeah, fuck all of you selfish antivaxxers. I hope Satan shoves a pineapple up your ass

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

I was thinking more that the environmental factors that make the sunbelt prone to summer covid waves (heat, everyone sharing a/c and ventilation) could cause enough exposure to make it peak by this time. It’s probably hopium given that delta spreads easier and maybe in different situations, but I saw it as an interesting coincidence. 

Well here in Texas, we had some wild shit happening in June and into early July that was some downright nice weather.

No, but the fact that these assholes are endangering my mom because she medically cannot get the vaccine.

Yeah, fuck all of you selfish antivaxxers. I hope Satan shoves a pineapple up your ass

So the majority of society should acquiesce because of your mother? That in itself sounds rather selfish.

And once again with the hostile rhetoric. Fascinating.
  • Fuck You 11

14 minutes ago, Herbie Hancock said:

So the majority of society should acquiesce because of your mother? That in itself sounds rather selfish.

Yes, that's exactly how vaccines work. I prefer to live in a world where I don't have to worry about my kids being permanently disabled by measles, or ending up in an iron lung due to polio.

You're just an idiot troll

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I don't want his mom to die of a preventable disease either. Or anybody's mom, for that matter. Does that sound selfish? Fascinating. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

I don't want his mom to die of a preventable disease either. Or anybody's mom, for that matter. Does that sound selfish? Fascinating. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mdleast said:

Continues to be fascinating/wince-inducing that we suddenly have a large segment of society that, though they have no formal medical training, argue against what the supermajority of the medial community are saying about COVID/vaccines because this segment of society are now sudden medial experts…but only about this one specific medial issue.

Isn’t that fascinating/wince-inducing?

Maybe they are the same idiots who eat ass and ride bareback with strangers & casual acquaintances?

• Drool 1

Also, LOL and trying to act sanctimonious about people posting hostile messages on this site about the stupidity of antivax dipshits and how they actually threaten the well-being of our society. 

first, you’re talking about a site where people say they should die or commit some sort sodomy against their own pets or relatives because they disagree over what a high school recruit’s 2am tweet was intended to convey about what team they are committing to in two years. you’re on the wrong site if you can’t handle people calling antivaxers out for the threat that they are…particularly doctors. 

acting ambivalent and superior because people express frustration over something that actually fucking matters and don’t want to go back to life last spring because fucking idiots want to make a political statement over a highly contagious and somewhat lethal virus invading our population is….well, it shows where we are. 

Morons. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Rage+1 1

12 hours ago, mdleast said:

Continues to be fascinating/wince-inducing that we suddenly have a large segment of society that, though they have no formal medical training, argue against what the supermajority of the medial community are saying about COVID/vaccines because this segment of society are now sudden medial experts…but only about this one specific medial issue.

Isn’t that fascinating/wince-inducing?

You want fascinating and infuriating?  I've got a Q-following in-law who literally comes from a family of medical professional - her dad is a doctor, her stepmom is a nurse, and said in-law would rather listen to some anti-vaccine dipshit on social media or some sketchy website than spend a couple of minutes on the phone with her dad.

Because something supposedly happened to 100 people out of 180 million.  Sure, she doesn't know a single person that suffered whatever side effect it was, and she knows dozens of people who were vaccinated and are fine.

One positive side effect of the vaccine is that she avoids all of us. Apparently all of her family members who got vaccinated are now a danger to her, because vaccinated people continue to shed a virus she doesn't believe in, for months and months.

And before anybody lectures me, I read a few articles on how to treat relatives who won't get the vaccine, and fuck that nonsense - if she gets covid, she's liable to end up in the hospital and cost her parents tens of thousands, if not more.

Edit: She has mental issues, and she (and everybody else) knows it, but she and her boyfriend aren't interested in getting help.  You can tell her something extremely logical/rational, but yeah, some batshittery.

Edit 2: I wouldn't be so fucking ragey if it weren't for the fact that she was the loudest complainer I know about all of the lockdowns, and if she wouldn't make it a point to brag to family/friends about how she no longer has to wear a mask anywhere.

Edited by atomheartbevo

13 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

4 CV19 deaths last week in Travis County. They break down as follows by age group:

30 to 39 (1)

40 to 49 (1)

50 to 59 (1)

60 to 69 (1)

Get vaccinated mofos.

Have we seen any deaths in the vaccinated population? I'm hearing more of break through infections but no hospitalizations in that group

2 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Have we seen any deaths in the vaccinated population? I'm hearing more of break through infections but no hospitalizations in that group

I know of 1 person.  86 year old man that had been vaccinated.  He spent over a week in the hospital before succumbing to the virus.  Not sure of exact details of virus or vaccination.   

The number is not literally zero, but the most recent indication I saw last week indicated 97 percent of hospitalizations and 99 percent of deaths are unvaccinated. The delta variant is the dominant strain at this point, though there is regional variation, and could really fuck up these low vaccination areas.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/catch-and-kill-air-filter-could-destroy-coronavirus-instantly-texas-experts-say/ar-AAMjgpd?ocid=sf

Researchers in Texas said they have designed a virus-trapping air filter that can kill the coronavirus instantly using extremely high temperatures, and can be installed in existing cooling and heating systems.

The announcement comes as public health leaders are acknowledging that SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, could be airborne indoors, meaning it can remain floating in the air long after an infected person leaves a room.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/18/2021 at 6:46 AM, Neonmoon said:

Get Vaccinated. If you don’t have a medical reason, and are not a small child, you are contributing to the spread of the disease and emergence of variants that will kill people that are unable to get vaccinated because of medical reasons. 

They don't care.  It's amazing how many people I know who call themselves Christians are not willing to do such a small thing to help protect others.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

They don't care.  It's amazing how many people I know who call themselves Christians are not willing to do such a small thing to help protect others.

Yep, my parents and most of my extended family are example of this.  It is fucking maddening.

Just now, Pablo said:

Yep, my parents and most of my extended family are example of this.  It is fucking maddening.

My sister and BIL are this way.  They'll go out of their way to tell you how Christian they are, too.  But get vaccinated to help others?  Nope.  Not gonna do it because reasons.

I remember checking the Reddit thread every day in June, marveling at the low and flat trajectory of daily cases in Austin.  Recall wondering how the hell it was staying so low with so many refusing to get a vaccination and suddenly everyone pretending it never happened…sad to see it shooting back up again.  When school starts up I expect a shit show. 

43 minutes ago, Homercles said:

I remember checking the Reddit thread every day in June, marveling at the low and flat trajectory of daily cases in Austin.  Recall wondering how the hell it was staying so low with so many refusing to get a vaccination and suddenly everyone pretending it never happened…sad to see it shooting back up again.  When school starts up I expect a shit show. 

Yeah, schools with all those kids under 12 that can't be vaccinated is doing to be a fucking disaster.

6 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Yeah, schools with all those kids under 12 that can't be vaccinated is doing to be a fucking disaster.

It wasn't a disaster last year, but this year they won't be wearing masks.  I'm not really sure with masks that I saw most kids wearing made any difference at all, but for whatever reason kids don't seem to spread it like adults do.  Maybe that is incorrect though?  I don't really follow all of the Covid news that closely. 

13 minutes ago, Hate said:

It wasn't a disaster last year, but this year they won't be wearing masks.  I'm not really sure with masks that I saw most kids wearing made any difference at all, but for whatever reason kids don't seem to spread it like adults do.  Maybe that is incorrect though?  I don't really follow all of the Covid news that closely. 

Delta spreads much easier, and hits the lungs/body a lot faster.  We'll be doing the mask thing with our kids this fall, and think our school's neighborhoods will probably be as well.

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/austin-area-may-see-over-12000-covid-19-hospitalizations-before-october-ut-projections-show/?utm_source=t.co&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral

If guidelines continue as they are

Hospitalizations: 12,279
Probability of a 7-day average of 30 new hospitalizations per day: 94%
Probability of exceeding estimated ICU capacity of 200 beds: 87%

If stricter guidelines are enacted

Hospitalizations: 1,078 — a 92% reduction in hospitalizations than if current guidelines continue
Probability of a 7-day average of 30 new hospitalizations per day: 37%
Probability of exceeding estimated ICU capacity of 200 beds: 2% 

*UT says these projected numbers will depend on the city enforcing universal mask recommendations for both vaccinated and unvaccinated residents — and if residents comply.

If residents only comply with stricter guidelines about 50%

Hospitalizations: 4,355 — a 65% reduction in hospitalizations than if current guidelines continue
Probability of a 7-day average of 30 new hospitalizations per day: 82%
Probability of exceeding estimated ICU capacity of 200 beds: 53%

Edited by UnivTex34
  • Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

This is complete dogshit “science/modeling” and contradicts existing knowledge and CDC guidance.  There’s no data showing that masking vaccinated people is going to affect jack shit.  Cities can eat shit if they want to start mandating masks again for vaccinated individuals.  

3 minutes ago, Heme Doc said:

This is complete dogshit “science/modeling” and contradicts existing knowledge and CDC guidance.  There’s no data showing that masking vaccinated people is going to affect jack shit.  Cities can eat shit if they want to start mandating masks again for vaccinated individuals.  

Not peer reviewed. I posted without comment because I’m as far from an expert as possible and was interested in opinions of those that are. Appreciate the input.

• Fuck You 1