COVID-19 2nd wave - Texas only - Stats and such

justhookit

18 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Wife has had none.  I started feeling clammy with a little cough last Tuesday.   I immediately left the wife and baby and went back home (we were staying at a hotel in Temple since she was going to be there for up to a month or more).   Fever peaked at 102 the next morning then went away by Wed night.  Then came back Monday & Tuesday and finally went away yesterday.   

weirdest night I had was Thursday night, went to bed with a temp of 97.9.  Woke up at 3am with fierce, bone rattling chills and had sweated through my sheets/blanket like I had broken a fever.  Took my temp and I was still at 97.9    Super weird.  Haven’t taken any medicine today and am at normal temp.   Trying to get through 24 hours without meds because that is a sign that I’m more or less done with it.  

lost my sense of taste and smell as well.   The only thing I could taste is if things were salty, sweet, or spicy.  

tumblr_mt3jprM7r71qzuucoo2_250.gifv

That's heartbreaking for y'all Trey. Sorry you're going through that.

On the bright side, in about two months you'll look back fondly on the time you had Covid and got to sleep through the night. Keep us posted and see you on the Dad thread. Being a dad rules. Only job you'll ever love going forward.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

I am officially moving the BrazilHorn Travis County Unofficial Daily range from 100-200 to 0-100 after ~13 of 15 days have been <100 cases a day.

Yesterday was 87 cases and while this is positive the share of those cases came from those age buckets more likely to die from this stupid fucking virus.

I track deaths each week and I expect to see the trend of >60 being the vast majority of deaths to continue as the past couple of days these buckets have been over indexed compared to their normal contribution. 23 new hospital admits yesterday which is the absolute wrong direction for that metric. Travis County has 97 people in the hospital currently (the most since 9/11). Worry is if the >60 groups keep over indexing compared to normal contribution is that this trend could continue. So positive news on case counts, not so great on hospitalizations and admits.

Age Bracket <1 1 to 9 10 to 19 20 to 29 30 to 39 40 to 49 50 to 59 60 to 69 70 to 79 >80 Total
New Cases 10/15 vs 10/14 1 0 8 28 10 8 13 9 7 3 87
% of Daily Change 1.15% 0.00% 9.20% 32.18% 11.49% 9.20% 14.94% 10.34% 8.05% 3.45%  
% of Total Cases 0.52% 2.88% 9.48% 26.98% 20.89% 15.87% 11.40% 6.43% 3.22% 2.32%   30,688
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Wife has had none.  I started feeling clammy with a little cough last Tuesday.   I immediately left the wife and baby and went back home (we were staying at a hotel in Temple since she was going to be there for up to a month or more).   Fever peaked at 102 the next morning then went away by Wed night.  Then came back Monday & Tuesday and finally went away yesterday.   

weirdest night I had was Thursday night, went to bed with a temp of 97.9.  Woke up at 3am with fierce, bone rattling chills and had sweated through my sheets/blanket like I had broken a fever.  Took my temp and I was still at 97.9    Super weird.  Haven’t taken any medicine today and am at normal temp.   Trying to get through 24 hours without meds because that is a sign that I’m more or less done with it.  

lost my sense of taste and smell as well.   The only thing I could taste is if things were salty, sweet, or spicy.  

Don't expect them to fully comeback anytime soon.  Been 3 months for me.  Taste is still dulled and smell is almost non-existent.

2 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Don't expect them to fully comeback anytime soon.  Been 3 months for me.  Taste is still dulled and smell is almost non-existent.

Yeah, they’re not fully back by any stretch but I’ve been at least able to taste and smell most things the last 2-3 days.   Fever is finally completely gone, and without meds to boot.  But this thing is definitely strange.   I’m still tired as shit.  Deep cleaned the house yesterday.   Took about 2 hours.  I was dog-ass tired after doing that.  

Edited by Trey3216

Ok, so here is the TEA data for w/e 10/13. Still showing a small % of cases that are contracted are being contracted in school. (With that said I question efficacy of this confirmation process). Last week represented the largest week since data was being reported. In addition they have a large difference between the cumulative results from past 4 weeks vs what TEA is showing as the cumulative results.

EE to 3rd  4th to 6th 7th to 12th Staff Conf On Campus % On Campus # Students @ Open # Staff @ Open
W/E 9/20 138 143 687 455 72 5.06% 1,080,317 800,078
W/E 9/27 178 150 784 550 81 4.87%    
W/E 10/4 144 195 835 682 94 5.32%    
W/E 10/13 264 255 1256 988 92 3.51%    
Cum Total (as of 10/4) 1507 1370 6520 5861 752 4.93%    
Since Reported Cum Total (as of 10/4) 724 743 3562 2675 339      

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

Yeah, they’re not fully back by any stretch but I’ve been at least able to taste and smell most things the last 2-3 days.   Fever is finally completely gone, and without meds to boot.  But this thing is definitely strange.   I’m still tired as shit.  Deep cleaned the house yesterday.   Took about 2 hours.  I was dog-ass tired after doing that.  

Pros and cons. A hobo could shit on the floor right next to me an I wouldn't smell it.

• Hook 'Em 1

My county just opted out of the mask mandate.  Our active cases number is below the threshold.  If you add in the probable cases, it's well over the limit.  I don't understand the logic behind it, but our County Judge is an aggy so maybe I'm just not squeezing my nuts hard enough.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

New admit number fucking sucks.  Ratio of 0.25 for new daily admits/new daily cases seems like shit. 

The 7 day average is slowly but steadily creeping up a little bit at a time. It's on more of a gentle, stable slope than bouncing around near the 10 per day line. Worth keeping an eye on.

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

Mom is 68 and Step-Dad is 72. They both tested positive on Monday. They are miserable, but they live a healthy lifestyle so I'm not too worried. I haven't seen them in a week. I have some drainage and I'm getting tested today. 

Wishing them well.

My MIL is 82 and fit for her age, but my FIL is 80 and is obese and has diabetes.  They both caught it back in July and made it through.  They had GI issues but no breathing issues, didn't want to eat for a couple of weeks and were heavily fatigued for about 3 weeks total, but they're completely fine now.  Energy levels are back to normal, appetite back to normal, no known lingering issues or complications.  Hang in there!

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Your description sounds a lot like a buddy of mine.  Once his fever subsided he said he basically still felt constantly tired and just "off" for almost 3 weeks.  It was to the point where he was about to start moving work off his plate as he was too exhausted between that (attorney working remotely) and dealing with a 4 year old and then all of a sudden he woke up on a Monday and felt completely fine.  

Edited by Skipper

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

7 months into this shit and someone close to me has contracted the disease.

As is usual when someone I care about is hurt, a cool calm of mission directs me to help them.

Now.. there is nothing. There is nothing I can do. 

Nonsense, you could always hate fuck a deaf woman for science.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

7 months into this shit and someone close to me has contracted the disease.

As is usual when someone I care about is hurt, a cool calm of mission directs me to help them.

Now.. there is nothing. There is nothing I can do. 

2 hours ago, pacman said:

Nonsense, you could always hate fuck a deaf woman for science.

I was going to suggest something like taking them meals and small gifts or something, but sure, what pacman said might work, too.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

Nobody asked but here’s my story. Pardon mistakes.

39 normal health. 10-22 after lunch at work felt like I was ran over by a train. Came hone to 102 fever and generally felt horrible. Immediately split myself off from family. Made it to the dr the next day and actually felt fine but still felt like I had a cold. Didn’t even have fever. Doc said he honestly thought it was a quick cold but said go ahead and get tested.

By the end of that night everything went downhill again. Terrible aches, spiked fever, and loss of appetite. Basically same thing for two more days. Friday afternoon got the positive results. Called doc and he just said treat the symptoms and got all the quarantine requirements and what not. Luckily the house has enough room we isolated myself from the wife and kids immediately. Saturday came and I officially lost taste and smell. Weirdest thing ever. I think I even lost sense of pain. My wife brought me pizza and I just scarfed it down. After about fifteen minutes I had blisters on my mouth and tongue. All the fever and overall shittyness had me down the entire time.

Made it to Wednesday(day 😎 and I noticed I was coughing and breathing differently with a little uncomfortable feeling in my chest. Didn’t feel heart or anything like that. Definitely with the breathing. Middle of that night it got so bad I drove myself to the ER. They did chest X-ray and found pneumonia. Put me on cough meds and antibiotics.

Carry on basically same fever and same feeling. Lungs and chest finally feeling better. Finally got to Saturday(day12) and woke up with no fever and no aches. That carried on and was cleared via guidelines and Doc Monday. Set to return to work Wednesday.

Go through Wednesday fine. Thursday started fine. Was in my office and started feeling a slight pain in my lower back on the right side. Kind of thought kidney area so I started banging water a ton. Noticed I couldn’t stretch or really make it better. It slowly got worse. At lunch I went to Eat in the truck and it was still getting worse and noticed it was worst while I would breathe heavy or cough. Finally got to where I couldn’t walk. Best I can describe is while it was hurting I could only get about 1/10th a breath the the pain would cut my breath off. Couldn’t control it. Got a ride back to the hospital. Got in and did another X-ray. Said it’s leftover pneumonia. More antibiotics and pain meds.

Went home and didn’t have a chance to drop off the meds yet had to get the kids to activities. Driving I literally felt like I was dying. Same pain (I’m getting PTSD typing about this) and extreme shortness of breathe. Dropped off prescription and felt like Passing out from pain and lack of air. Got home and got FIL to give me s as ride back to hospital.

When I walked in they looked at me like I was crazy but I knew something was wrong. Get checked in and nurse brings up possible blood clot. Said it’s possible but didn’t really think so. Get me some norco and calmed me down a bit. Get me in for CT scan (craziest fucking feeling ever). After a bit three nurses all come in at once and start all kinds of shit. Can’t even remember. Turns out I had three clots in my right lung. Immediately started blood thinners and got admitted. Where I was didn’t have a Covid wing I got a nice ambulance Uber downtown. They said I should be fine Covid wise but since it was so close I had to go.

The terrible pain and breathing came and went but was the worst I’ve ever felt. At the new hotel everything honestly as good as it could have been. Only one nurse made me want to fight her. Friday came and went. Then Saturday during the Tx Ousux game I could feel gout coming in both hands and feet. Never have I had it in multiple spots at the same time. It went from 0-100 real fast. I can’t explain Gout except there’s absolutely nothing you can really do for the pain. Nothing touched it. Luckily also that morning was my last breathing/pain attack. Everything seemed to be in line there.

Sunday doc said I could go home but didn’t want to Because I couldn’t walk yet due to the gout. They ramped up some prednisone for it and it helped fairly decently.

Monday came and I was able to come home. The gout was still in my right hand pretty bad but I wanted to go home too so I said let’s do it.

Made it to my doc Wednesday and they said basically I was 100% fine as far as the CV19 when I returned to work but my body was just in a super inflammation mode and everything went wrong.

I’m recovering and able to walk decent distances without being absolutely tired. Little out of breath but ok.

Any questions I’ll answer what I can.

Damn. Any clue where you caught it?

49 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

Get me some norco and calmed me down a bit. Get me in for CT scan (craziest fucking feeling ever). After a bit three nurses all come in at once and start all kinds of shit. Can’t even remember. Turns out I had three clots in my right lung. Immediately started blood thinners and got admitted.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 11:00 AM, utee94 said:

Wishing them well.

My MIL is 82 and fit for her age, but my FIL is 80 and is obese and has diabetes.  They both caught it back in July and made it through.  They had GI issues but no breathing issues, didn't want to eat for a couple of weeks and were heavily fatigued for about 3 weeks total, but they're completely fine now.  Energy levels are back to normal, appetite back to normal, no known lingering issues or complications.  Hang in there!

I tested positive yesterday.

I have nothing but a tickle in my throat. Nothing but Door Dash and seeing what is in the deep-freeze for me.

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

39 normal health. 10-22 after lunch at work felt like I was ran over by a train. Came hone to 102 fever and generally felt horrible. Immediately split myself off from family. Made it to the dr the next day and actually felt fine but still felt like I had a cold. Didn’t even have fever. Doc said he honestly thought it was a quick cold but said go ahead and get tested.

By the end of that night everything went downhill again. Terrible aches, spiked fever, and loss of appetite. Basically same thing for two more days. Friday afternoon got the positive results. Called doc and he just said treat the symptoms and got all the quarantine requirements and what not. Luckily the house has enough room we isolated myself from the wife and kids immediately. Saturday came and I officially lost taste and smell. Weirdest thing ever. I think I even lost sense of pain. My wife brought me pizza and I just scarfed it down. After about fifteen minutes I had blisters on my mouth and tongue. All the fever and overall shittyness had me down the entire time.

Made it to Wednesday(day 8) and I noticed I was coughing and breathing differently with a little uncomfortable feeling in my chest. Didn’t feel heart or anything like that. Definitely with the breathing. Middle of that night it got so bad I drove myself to the ER. They did chest X-ray and found pneumonia. Put me on cough meds and antibiotics.

Carry on basically same fever and same feeling. Lungs and chest finally feeling better. Finally got to Saturday(day12) and woke up with no fever and no aches. That carried on and was cleared via guidelines and Doc Monday. Set to return to work Wednesday.

Go through Wednesday fine. Thursday started fine. Was in my office and started feeling a slight pain in my lower back on the right side. Kind of thought kidney area so I started banging water a ton. Noticed I couldn’t stretch or really make it better. It slowly got worse. At lunch I went to Eat in the truck and it was still getting worse and noticed it was worst while I would breathe heavy or cough. Finally got to where I couldn’t walk. Best I can describe is while it was hurting I could only get about 1/10th a breath the the pain would cut my breath off. Couldn’t control it. Got a ride back to the hospital. Got in and did another X-ray. Said it’s leftover pneumonia. More antibiotics and pain meds.

Went home and didn’t have a chance to drop off the meds yet had to get the kids to activities. Driving I literally felt like I was dying. Same pain (I’m getting PTSD typing about this) and extreme shortness of breathe. Dropped off prescription and felt like Passing out from pain and lack of air. Got home and got FIL to give me s as ride back to hospital.

When I walked in they looked at me like I was crazy but I knew something was wrong. Get checked in and nurse brings up possible blood clot. Said it’s possible but didn’t really think so. Get me some norco and calmed me down a bit. Get me in for CT scan (craziest fucking feeling ever). After a bit three nurses all come in at once and start all kinds of shit. Can’t even remember. Turns out I had three clots in my right lung. Immediately started blood thinners and got admitted. Where I was didn’t have a Covid wing I got a nice ambulance Uber downtown. They said I should be fine Covid wise but since it was so close I had to go.

The terrible pain and breathing came and went but was the worst I’ve ever felt. At the new hotel everything honestly as good as it could have been. Only one nurse made me want to fight her. Friday came and went. Then Saturday during the Tx Ousux game I could feel gout coming in both hands and feet. Never have I had it in multiple spots at the same time. It went from 0-100 real fast. I can’t explain Gout except there’s absolutely nothing you can really do for the pain. Nothing touched it. Luckily also that morning was my last breathing/pain attack. Everything seemed to be in line there.

Sunday doc said I could go home but didn’t want to Because I couldn’t walk yet due to the gout. They ramped up some prednisone for it and it helped fairly decently.

Monday came and I was able to come home. The gout was still in my right hand pretty bad but I wanted to go home too so I said let’s do it.

Made it to my doc Wednesday and they said basically I was 100% fine as far as the CV19 when I returned to work but my body was just in a super inflammation mode and everything went wrong.

I’m recovering and able to walk decent distances without being absolutely tired. Little out of breath but ok.

Glad you are better. The blood clot thing is what worries me. I’m in pretty good health, 49, 6 foot and 170. But I’ve had a clot in my right leg already and it runs in my family. I don’t want to get this shit.

• Like 1

Glad you are better. The blood clot thing is what worries me. I’m in pretty good health, 49, 6 foot and 170. But I’ve had a clot in my right leg already and it runs in my family. I don’t want to get this shit.

Thank you. Other than just over all feeling like shit I did ok with the Covid. Like I said my body just went full inflame mode. It was odd for sure. Other than being a newborn I’ve never spent a full night in the hospital. I actually don’t think I was ever admitted in to one. Always ER and in and out.

My doc did mention they’re they’re thinking that the virus load you actually take On is how bad you get Covid itself.

9 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Good guess it was at at kids bday party the Sunday before everything started. It was at an indoor trampoline park. I freaking drank some of my kid’s icee. Weirdly in my mind that’s exactly when/where it happened.

Indoor trampoline park with a bunch of kids? Yeah, my money is on that place being a COVID factory.

Glad you made it through. Sounds terrifying. Both the COVID and the trampoline park. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Made it to Wednesday(day 😎 and I noticed I was coughing and breathing differently with a little uncomfortable feeling in my chest. Didn’t feel heart or anything like that. Definitely with the breathing. Middle of that night it got so bad I drove myself to the ER. They did chest X-ray and found pneumonia. Put me on cough meds and antibiotics.

Well this is a horrifying story.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Wow. Glad you are on the mend.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, justhookit said:

You and me both.  Already on blood thinners for that crap, otherwise I’m in decent shape.   Lost a coworker to blood clot in his lung a couple years ago.  Like Mack, scares me to death.

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

You and me both.  Already on blood thinners for that crap, otherwise I’m in decent shape.   Lost a coworker to blood clot in his lung a couple years ago.  Like Mack, scares me to death.

I wear a compression stocking on my left leg during waking hours for the clot in the upper thigh (no pics)..