Five people hospitalized after shooting in downtown Austin early this morning

Goo Punch

Near ARCH Center between 3-4am.  All 5 are adults, none dead, but all with life-threatening injuries.  
That seems strange to me.  That 5 separate people get shot in the same incident and all have roughly the same risk of fatality.  Statistically speaking, shouldn't one have died on scene or one just have been shot with minor injuries (leg or arm wound)?  I dunno, I hope they all recover.  Just seems odd.  Happened 8 hours ago, but APD just put out the notice about 2 hours ago so flow of information gonna be slow today.  

3 hours ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Amateurs ... 56 shot, 9 dead, in Chitown.  Prolly get better results if they didn’t hold their Glocks sideways when shooting.

Or if they moved their maga hats out of the way so they could aim at Klayton, Kallie, and Katie a little better. Happy now you piece of shit? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 9

I'm not sure if some of you are familiar with where the ARCH Center is located?  It's not really as close to Chicago as you've been led to believe.  

It’s sad when we can’t even look at a local shooting without national political talking points that are completely irrelevant dominating the conversation. People get so programmed by politics that they can’t have a conversation about anything. 

I feel like this happens to me all the time now:

“Weather seems nice today.”

“See, global warming is a hoax!”

• Like 8

News:  "5 shot near homeless shelter, all with life-threatening injuries."

VALonghorn (in Elliott Ness voice, talking to nobody): "Yeah?  We'll you're not from Chicago!"  

According to your handle, you've likely spent considerable time in Virginia and Austin...two of the safest places in this country.  We were talking about an unfortunate incident in Austin, for which there are still no other details.  Let us get back to that.  

Could be something on APD or the local news twitter feeds, but I am not seeing anything updated in the last 24 hours.  Effectively a "Mass Shooting" event took place smack dab between our homeless shelter and our Police HQ during one of the most volatile weekends in recent memory.  And no news team can be bothered to ask any questions for the last 30 hours?  Or at least report that they asked questions.  That's incredibly odd to me.  Just as odd as all 5 victims receiving the same types of wounds.  And around 3-4am.  100 feet from ARCH, 500 feet from Austin Police HQ. 

The tiny bit of information that's out right now suggests one shooter and none of the victims were from the ARCH Center.  Not to over-simplify this but the only people hanging out in front of those abandoned buildings at 7th & Red River at that hour are either people extremely intoxicated still trying to order an Uber or get a cab after the Saturday night bars close at 2am...or, homeless people.  Could have been some straggling protestors walking that way from APD HQ back to their cars or some shit over by the Omni.  Does not sound like a drug deal gone bad for the very simple reason you don't bring a 6-person drug deal with weapons a block away from APD HQ during all-night protests when cops are on high alert.

If it was a handgun shooter, maybe he had 2 weapons and was somehow a proficient shot with both hands?  It's hard to administer life-threatening wounds to 5 adults within seconds of each other unless you're a really good shot with both hands at the same time.  If there was just a block of homeless passed out on the street and this psycho just went wild on them as they were conked on out on who knows what---ARCH would have said something about that.  They made it clear to APD and all the news outlets that none of their clients or staff were involved.  So it's 5 adults (at that hour, possibly fucked up), and they can't scatter fast enough that all 5 receive similar nearly-fatal wounds?  Or he was using an assault rifle.  in which case, he's gonna show up on a street or bar sidewalk camera walking down the street with the fucking thing right under the nose of APD HQ.  Or maybe the rifle was in his car with him and he rolled up on this group of 5 and opened fire.  In which case, still...who the hell has that kinda aim out of a car window at moving targets with plenty of structures/food trucks/etc. to get behind in the middle of the night?  

I'm sure a simple explanation will come out, but it's been 30 hours and this thing makes beyond no sense.  

Edited by Lobo

22 hours ago, achooloco said:

Or if they moved their maga hats out of the way so they could aim at Klayton, Kallie, and Katie a little better. Happy now you piece of shit? 

I’m legitimately curious on this post... is your contention that the majority of shootings that come out of Chicago on any particular weekend is done by MAGA supporters?  

this is really strange that there is no info coming out about this. reporters would/should be all over this.  unless I missed something, it's pretty obvious there is an information dam set up here.  methinks the city doesn't want it to get out.

Yeah, how is the most recent mass shooting in U.S. history have zero interest/zero updates in the last ~40 hours?  I know there's other shit in the news cycle, but the media loves a good shooting story.  

It has every single element of a mass shooting except that some of the victims have yet to die, but some are expected to soon.  And it took place less than 200 yards from APD HQ during a very tumultuous weekend in America.  This is beyond insane.  This is stranger than the response to the Bomber or the Rock Thrower.  And APD and KVUE/KXAN let everybody know in the overnight hours yesterday that no ARCH folks were victims, but nobody knows if anybody was taken into custody or who the 5 adults nearly-fatally shot were.  

If nothing comes out between now and tomorrow midday, it'll go away forever.    

And bruthahorn---the neg rep and post reporting on here is reserved for drunken tirades.  But can you please shut the fuck up about Chicago for 10 minutes?  You're a child.  I'm sure you grew up off some tough access road in a major Texas metro area where the world was tough riding bikes to/from the Dairy Queen, but just stop talking on this thread for a day or two?  I'm sure you have a CHL and are a tough guy hunter or whatever with a lifted truck, but you wouldn't last 15 minutes in the south side of Chicago.  Not because you're not tough, but because you don't know when to keep your mouth shut and mind your business.  Post whatever you want on this thread, no matter how racist and unrelated.  Surly is a shitshow that we all love and adore.  But I'm guessing this is the kinda shit you want to flaunt in public but you know it's not the time because you'd be ostracized or worse.  And so you come running to threads like this to try and show off your completely unrelated and tacitly racist talking points.  Go find some people who give a shit.  

Edited by Lobo

Yeah, how is the most recent mass shooting in U.S. history have zero interest/zero updates in the last ~40 hours?  I know there's other shit in the news cycle, but the media loves a good shooting story.    It has every single element of a mass shooting except that some of the victims have yet to die, but some are expected to soon.  And it took place less than 200 yards from APD HQ during a very tumultuous weekend in America.  This is beyond insane.  This is stranger than the response to the Bomber or the Rock Thrower.  And APD and KVUE/KXAN let everybody know in the overnight hours yesterday that no ARCH folks were victims, but nobody knows if anybody was taken into custody or who the 5 adults nearly-fatally shot were.  

If nothing comes out between now and tomorrow midday, it'll go away forever.    

And bruthahorn---the neg rep and post reporting on here is reserved for drunken tirades.  But can you please shut the fuck up about Chicago for 10 minutes?  You're a child.  I'm sure you grew up off some tough access road in a major Texas metro area where the world was tough riding bikes to/from the Dairy Queen, but just stop talking on this thread for a day or two?  I'm sure you have a CHL and are a tough guy hunter or whatever with a lifted truck, but you wouldn't last 15 minutes in the south side of Chicago.  Not because you're not tough, but because you don't know when to keep your mouth shut and mind your business.  Post whatever you want on this thread, no matter how racist and unrelated.  Surly is a shitshow that we all love and adore.  But I'm guessing this is the kinda shit you want to flaunt in public but you know it's not the time because you'd be ostracized or worse.  And so you come running to threads like this to try and show off your completely unrelated and tacitly racist talking points.  Go find some people who give a shit.  

Yeah it’s real racist to note that over 100 people got shot in a major us city in one weekend. Wring that vagina juice out of your panties.

You can neg ,report and do whatever the fuck you feel. It won’t change a damn thing I will say on the internet or in person.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

That was my point, I won't neg rep or report.  I think I've done that a dozen times in a dozen years on this site/TOS.  

My point was this thread is not about what you think your stand is about.  Your clamoring about something because you can't say into the faces of the people that matter.  That's fine, I'm the same way on some things.  Shit, there's entire political movements dedicated to that same mentality.  We've all been there, done that.

no matter your feelings on Chicago, or black-on-black violence, or how to make money in real estate with no money down.  We had a really weird thing happen here in Austin about 40 hours ago and the silence on it is deafening.  Maybe sit the next couple of plays out and let the men talk for a few hours, eh?  

Edited by Lobo

Almost 56 hours have passed.  Zero updates from any news outlets or Austin P.D. on the most recent mass shooting in U.S. history.  

Statesman told me they have nothing more to go on and consider the story over.  Weirdest thing I've seen from the Statesman and APD since I've lived here, and I've seen some shit.

33 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Almost 56 hours have passed.  Zero updates from any news outlets or Austin P.D. on the most recent mass shooting in U.S. history.  

Statesman told me they have nothing more to go on and consider the story over.  Weirdest thing I've seen from the Statesman and APD since I've lived here, and I've seen some shit.

There are people who still say 5 black people were lynched. 

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Same thing happening here in OKC with shootings. They aren't showing info on victims or suspects and don't give any updates. There were 3 shootings in 2 days in Edmond (considered the nice part of the OKC metro) last week and zero details. Happened 5 days ago, no updates.

13 minutes ago, Somnio said:

I'd speculate it's not getting much attention because none of the victims died.

Five people being injured is not a particularly big news story.

If all five victims were dead it would be receiving a lot of coverage.

I would agree but 5 all at once, right next to police headquarters, and "near" a city's entertainment district

• Like 1

On 6/21/2020 at 10:19 PM, Larry T. Spider said:

It’s sad when we can’t even look at a local shooting without national political talking points that are completely irrelevant dominating the conversation. People get so programmed by politics that they can’t have a conversation about anything. 

I feel like this happens to me all the time now:

“Weather seems nice today.”

“See, global warming is a hoax!”

I've negged all of them. Let this serve as my explanation. Intentional diversion with hints of racism. Totally dishonest engagment.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

20 hours ago, Lobo said:

We had a really weird thing happen here in Austin about 40 hours ago and the silence on it is deafening.

Really, really hoping this is the police figuring out that sometimes it's best to let things simmer some and gather all the data before making a public announcement.  This of course, in the midst of APD looming strikes, etc.  Lots of moving parts in Austin these days.  

OR....it's going to stir up a shit storm and they are trying to keep a lid on things....5 black guys killed by white guys, visa versa.  Dogs and cats, living together.  Human sacrifice....

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I've negged all of them. Let this serve as my explanation. Intentional diversion with hints of racism. Totally dishonest engagment.

Funny how actually giving a shit about the 200 plus victims and their loved ones is “hints of racism” as opposed to completely ignoring them. 

And thank you for your service. 

• Like 1

If you truly care about Chicago gun violence victims, then I commend you. I care as well. Chicago is my favorite city, I go there often and have many friends in the city.

Sadly, I usually hear about Chicago shootings as a way to score cheap political points. It’s not to honor their memory or search for solutions. This was the first mention of Chicago in this thread and it didn’t exactly radiate compassion:

On 6/21/2020 at 12:39 PM, VirginiaLonghorn said:

Amateurs ... 56 shot, 9 dead, in Chitown.  Prolly get better results if they didn’t hold their Glocks sideways when shooting.

• Like 1