Muscle cramps, not menstrual cramps....I'd almost sell my soul

to the devil himself to get rid of 'em.  I get F'n cramps in my neck, back, hands and of course legs/feet.  Who has a voodoo doctor or shaman on call?  I eat so many bananas you'd think we buy 'em for the zoo.  Magnesium pellets (to big to be a pill) no worky either.  Yes, I think I drink enough water probably 5-6 bottles a day.  Anyone got a cure?

Edited by Bevo&Pevo
because I can

My FIL used to be a serious distance runner and he swore by tart cherry juice for recovery and cramp prevention.

you might consider talking to your internist about metabolic workup based on your activity and symptoms .  Could be something in your bloodwork that could be identified.

I use to get terrible foot and leg cramps. Talked to my Doc and he told me to start drinking Tonic water. The quinine in the Tonic stops cramping. You can buy quinine pills, but a gin & tonic does the same (if not better) job.

17 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

to the devil himself to get rid of 'em.  I get F'n cramps in my neck, back, hands and of course legs/feet.  Who has a voodoo doctor or shaman on call?  I eat so many bananas you'd think we buy 'em for the zoo.  Magnesium pellets (to big to be a pill) no worky either.  Yes, I think I drink enough water probably 5-6 bottles a day.  Anyone got a cure?

The recs above for tart cherry juice and pickle juice are good.

Do you have an exercise program to include stretching  ?    Good info on the 'net about stretching.

My pussy don't hurt she's OK this week for sure.  I"ve heard about the mustard thing but have never tried it.  I'll give it go starting tmrw.  As always thanks for the helpful info and funny info. The rest of you well....hope you get a cramp in your tongue or typing finger.

12 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

My pussy don't hurt she's OK this week for sure.  I"ve heard about the mustard thing but have never tried it.  I'll give it go starting tmrw.  As always thanks for the helpful info and funny info. The rest of you well....hope you get a cramp in your tongue or typing finger.

As was mentioned above - take a look at your water consumption as well.  It varies, but many if not most people have settled into a state of semi-dehydration and don't know it because it just feels normal.  Try upping your water intake and see if that helps as well.  The good news is that there are no real downsides either.

Several studies have shown that the average ideal water consumption for an adult male is 3.5 - 4 liters per day.  Most people fall short of that and for many, especially if active a number above that amount is needed.

I'm probably to the other extreme, but I found my sweet spot is over 6 liters of water each day.  I keep two 3 liter jugs in the fridge and finish them both throughout the day. Then I also pick up some fluids through coffee and tea or water with meals.  I started that several years ago and the effect has been dramatic.  YMMV but give it a try.

On 6/22/2020 at 2:41 AM, RPM said:

I use to get terrible foot and leg cramps. Talked to my Doc and he told me to start drinking Tonic water. The quinine in the Tonic stops cramping. You can buy quinine pills, but a gin & tonic does the same (if not better) job.

I second this. I drink plain water for the most part, but as the temperature climbs, I add tonic often with a little lemon or lime juice during the day. And yes, at night some gin may be splashed in as well. Long distance runner for years and had zero issues with cramps when young (the cherry juice etc was effective too) but began to get cramps out of nowhere when I was older and the tonic water addition helped.

On 6/21/2020 at 2:46 PM, Bevo&Pevo said:

Once you stop playing for the LSU football team they will go away.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Reagan1k said:

As was mentioned above - take a look at your water consumption as well.  It varies, but many if not most people have settled into a state of semi-dehydration and don't know it because it just feels normal.  Try upping your water intake and see if that helps as well.  The good news is that there are no real downsides either.

Several studies have shown that the average ideal water consumption for an adult male is 3.5 - 4 liters per day.  Most people fall short of that and for many, especially if active a number above that amount is needed.

I'm probably to the other extreme, but I found my sweet spot is over 6 liters of water each day.  I keep two 3 liter jugs in the fridge and finish them both throughout the day. Then I also pick up some fluids through coffee and tea or water with meals.  I started that several years ago and the effect has been dramatic.  YMMV but give it a try.

Wow!  6 liters is a shit ton of water, right?  That's like 200 oz?  

Yep - I keep 2 Ozarka Easy-Pour bottles in the fridge in my office for during the week and 2 at home for weekends.  Each bottle is 3L (101.4oz).

I keep one on the ground beside my desk and suck on it throughout the day, then replace it with the other when the first is empty.  Usually I'm done with one by noon and the other by five.

On Weekends, I keep a 44oz Styrofoam cup of ice in my truck or outside if I'm working in the yard and pull from it constantly.

Keeps me full, never feel the need to snack (I only eat two meals a day really) and I don't ever feel lethargic in the afternoons. 

59 minutes ago, Reagan1k said:

Yep - I keep 2 Ozarka Easy-Pour bottles in the fridge in my office for during the week and 2 at home for weekends.  Each bottle is 3L (101.4oz).

I keep one on the ground beside my desk and suck on it throughout the day, then replace it with the other when the first is empty.  Usually I'm done with one by noon and the other by five.

On Weekends, I keep a 44oz Styrofoam cup of ice in my truck or outside if I'm working in the yard and pull from it constantly.

Keeps me full, never feel the need to snack (I only eat two meals a day really) and I don't ever feel lethargic in the afternoons. 

damn, i drink a cup of coffee in the morning.  usually a 12oz topo chico at lunch and then maybe a 16 oz gatorade between cocktails the rest of the night.  I would need a catheter w/ 200+oz a day.

• 2 weeks later...