Cavs vs Pacers

Machinator

4 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Good but scary win for the Cavs. They have had so many close calls in only 5 games, I don't know if this team can make it past Toronto. Raptors bench is way better than Indy's, and it's gonna beat the Cavs subs by 10 points every night. Gonna be a tough series.

Have you seen the Raptors? They are struggling themselves with an 8 seed. I don't think they are that much better than the Pacers. And we have all seen how the Raptors curl up in the fetal position against Lebron in the playoffs the last few years. I think the Cavs can beat the Raptors.

I don't think any team in the East is beating Houston/GSW, though.

I'm amazed at the percent of people that think his block was a goaltend...  because he blocked it into the glass.  Then others say it couldn't have been a goaltend because it was on the way up. 

It is like 95% of people have no idea about the rules of the game.

7 minutes ago, HookEm said:

I'm amazed at the percent of people that think his block was a goaltend...  because he blocked it into the glass.  Then others say it couldn't have been a goaltend because it was on the way up. 

Are you saying that you’re amazed that people think it was a goaltend? Because it was.

9 minutes ago, HookEm said:

Are you including yourself in that 95%.   The ball hit the backboard before Bron blocked it.   That makes it a goaltend

2 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i'm amazed at the amount of people who care.  dipo's bucket would have only been worth 2 points.  bron's game winner was worth 3.

Well that too.   Along with the fact that they had just missed the OOB play at the other end.    A part of me wonders if they were down 2 would Bron go for the 3 or a 2 to tie at home.   Doesn't matter though.   It was a great shot and pretty dumb defense scheme by IND.

Edited by d2o

30 minutes ago, d2o said:

Are you including yourself in that 95%.   The ball hit the backboard before Bron blocked it.   That makes it a goaltend

Kenny smith said since the ball hit the glass under the rim, it's not a goaltend.  Obviously ball hit glass first, then Lebron hit ball. 

Edited by Artificial Iverson

4 minutes ago, Artificial Iverson said:

Kenny smith said since the ball hit the glass under the rim, it's not a goaltend. 

Not sure where Kenny got that from.   I've never seen nor heard any such exception.   This says nothing about where on the glass it hits.  In almost all instances, once it hits the backboard and you touch it,  it's a goal tend.

http://official.nba.com/trigger/goaltending-basket-interference/

2 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

i'm amazed at the amount of people who care.  dipo's bucket would have only been worth 2 points.  bron's game winner was worth 3.

Shooting down two is different from shooting in a tie game.

edit: in fact I doubt LeBron takes a three if he’s down two.

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, d2o said:

Not sure where Kenny got that from.   I've never seen nor heard any such exception.   This says nothing about where on the glass it hits.  In almost all instances, once it hits the backboard and you touch it,  it's a goal tend.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/4/25/17283280/lebron-james-block-goaltend-video-cavs-vs-pacers-game-5-nba-playoffs-2018-victor-oladipo

10 hours ago, HookEm said:

LeBron James' big block of a shot by Indiana Pacers star Victor Oladipo at the end of Game 5 should have resulted in a goaltending call, the NBA acknowledged Thursday.

The NBA noted in its Last Two Minute Report that referees missed the call when James blocked Oladipo's shot after the ball made contact with the backboard.

The play was not reviewed, and James went on to hit a buzzer-beating 3 that gave the Cleveland Cavaliers a 98-95 victory and a 3-2 series lead.

After the game, Oladipo said goaltending should have been called. That would have given Indiana a two-point lead with seconds remaining.

"I got a step on him. Felt like I even got grabbed on the way to the rim," Oladipo said. "I tried to shoot a layup, it hit the backboard, then he blocked it. ... It was a goaltend. It's hard to even speak on it. It just sucks, honestly. It really sucks. We fought our way back, we tied the game up, that layup is huge."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23327614/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-committed-goaltending-final-block-nba-says-last-two-minute-report

Edited by PittsburghTiger

Haha. Well F me. I guess I'm part of the 95% too. I watched it like 20 times and it always looked like it didn't hit the glass.

But at least I realize that if it hit the glass first it is a goal tend  regardless of where it was in relation to the goal.

9 hours ago, immortal13 said:

What a crock of shit. That would have completely changed the outcome of the game. They have instant replay now so there is no excuse for not getting it right

That's the worst part. It's a reviewable call and they didn't review it. That shit needs to be in the hands of Secaucus and not on the game officials.

Edited by HtownHorn

If they lose it is. I could not be rooting harder for the Pacers. I love Oladipo, I obviously love Turner, and I am so ready to see the final free agency of LeBron’s career- while he’s in his prime anyway. His decision will change the landscape of the NBA and will be the first domino to fall in what should be an extremely eventful offseason.

Edited by Goo Punch

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This game was over before it started. NBA wants nothing to do with Lebron losing in the 1st round.

Exactly. This game shouldn't even be happening. Indiana should be resting up for their next series right now. The league will make sure Lebron moves on to the next round.

Edited by immortal13