So which country will Trump start a War with in August?

horn4life

Now I hope and pray I am wrong here.  But right now I see our President as a man perfectly willing to take any gamble to have a shot at victory in the Fall.  Because of his horrific coronavirus response primarily he is beginning to start in a slow swirling motion.  And he can feel it.  So as the thoughts of incarceration and financial ruin drift more and more into his mind, I believe Trump will "find a way out."  Simply start a shooting war, wrap himself in the flag and perhaps, the country will rally around the President in a time of war.

I wish I could say this scenario is unlikely.  Just as I hoped and prayed we might have some sort of coherent response out of the the Federal Government to prevent the largest mass kill off of American citizens domestically in our nation's history.  The arguments against Trump taking such an actions today are more limited than ever.  He will feel trapped, he does not care about dead people other than himself, I honestly believe there is nobody in his life he would die for. So why be concerned about the sons and daughters of others dying in a war started for purely personal political reason?  Now this is not to say there will not be some plausibility in the arguments presented, but the real reason will be singular.  Our President would willingly start a war for just a CHANCE of reelection.  Not even a certain victory, just a slim chance, is worth untold dead.

My personal guess it Iran, though it's possible Trump confuses himself and attacks Iraq with his initial orders, before somebody asks him to clarify.. "Oh yeah... I meant Iran..."

Just curious to see if anyone else has contemplated this likelihood?

Trump is too big of a pussy to declare war on another country. It's too late in the game to make for a positive political impact and if it were to blow up in his face he wouldn't be able to withstand the ridicule from his dictator friends.

Any conflict orchestrated by Trump will be on domestic soil. At best he'll leverage it to declare a state of emergency around the election, worst it leads to a bloodbath of citizens across the country.

• Like 2

I started thinking and saying this about a year ago.  If it looks like he'll lose the election, we're probably going to war.  And if I had to guess, it'd be with Iran.  It would need to be a major war, and it would have to look like we're winning but the job's not done yet, and you don't change coaches while you're winning the big game, right?  Christ, I could hear him saying almost exactly that.

I really hope I'm wrong.  But I put nothing past this guy.

Trumps re-election strategy will come down to fucking with the election. Nothing will suddenly convince the majority of the country that he is not a fucking moron. He fucks with the election and he's got a shot. That's it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Not a war, but he's gonna shift to defending Christianity.  It's starting:

That is one of the biggest non-sequiturs I have ever seen.

Fucking cunt.  You are going straight to hell because of your affiliation with that hellpig.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Who are "they" who are gonna try to cancel Christianity?  The BLM protestors?  The imaginary Mexican horde swimming across the Rio Grande right now?  Honey, those people are all Christians, too.

You know who isn't?  Your boss.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

Moronica.  No, wait, he's the leader of Moronica.  Now if the rest of us can get a fair vote tally in November, we'll be rid of this enemy of enlightenment.  One more Tulsa turd of a rally and he may invent an illness and pack it in.

28 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

Moronica.  No, wait, he's the leader of Moronica.  Now if the rest of us can get a fair vote tally in November, we'll be rid of this enemy of enlightenment.  One more Tulsa turd of a rally and he may invent an illness and pack it in.

He's not doing that again. If you notice his next speaking hate rally is in a 3000 seat church in Arizona he knows he can fill. 

A president preaching hate in a Christian Church on American soil. Another step down the yellow brick road to Auschwitz

• 1 month later...

I guess Trump decided to actually attack American cities and see if that works.  It's working great on Fox news!  You hardly even know there is a complete and total failure on the covid 19 front.  BUT if the attacks on US cities doesn't work, I fully expect some sort of an attack to try and get folks to rally round the President.  The only thing we know for certain is that Trump would sacrifice any number of lives for a shot at a second term.   

I guess the good news is there is not a federal building with graffiti on it in Puerto Rico... those folks have suffered enough.

• Like 3

"Violent anarchists." I see many original responders named American locations. You win the game!

In his remarks (or Barr's) yesterday, they're sending feds in for people crying for just and freedom from being murdered or maimed. Also, the police must be protected because "all lives matter including our heroic police."

It was a pathetic charade. Soldiers will be dispatched to fight the ebil violent anarchists, defend our boys in blue, and eventually, IMHO, be used to "protect" polling places. Their going full fascist. 

We need a national strike.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 6/22/2020 at 2:33 PM, Irwin F Fletcher said:

Trump is too big of a pussy to declare war on another country. It's too late in the game to make for a positive political impact and if it were to blow up in his face he wouldn't be able to withstand the ridicule from his dictator friends.

Any conflict orchestrated by Trump will be on domestic soil. At best he'll leverage it to declare a state of emergency around the election, worst it leads to a bloodbath of citizens across the country.

Hey now! What do I win?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

"Violent anarchists." I see many original responders named American locations. You win the game!

In his remarks (or Barr's) yesterday, they're sending feds in for people crying for just and freedom from being murdered or maimed. Also, the police must be protected because "all lives matter including our heroic police."

It was a pathetic charade. Soldiers will be dispatched to fight the ebil violent anarchists, defend our boys in blue, and eventually, IMHO, be used to "protect" polling places. Their going full fascist. 

We need a national strike.

Yup. Send tactical teams to democratic leaning cities in the name of "protecting" the voting sites. INSTIGATE SHIT. Then shut down the polling site so people can't vote.

This will happen. I will eat me left shoe if that doesn't happen.

2 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Yup. Send tactical teams to democratic leaning cities in the name of "protecting" the voting sites. INSTIGATE SHIT. Then shut down the polling site so people can't vote.

This will happen. I will eat me left shoe if that doesn't happen.

Then it is up to us, the Citizens, to march and open them up. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/22/2020 at 8:13 PM, Larry T. Spider said:

He’s got to get the right leaning folks that have left him back on board. War on abortion is the fastest, most direct route.

Yup. I know several single issue voters. Abortion means everything, even if it means giving up civil rights, dying of Covid, accepting racism, run away deficits, losing standing on the global stage, and having a halfwit for a president. But abortions gosh darn it!

I would almost bet Trump has pressured women into having abortions. But started blasting an anti-abortion message to get the white Evangelical vote. It's not like Democrats advocate for abortions. They just don't want the government limiting the choice for abortion. But they equate Democrats = pro abortion.  Republicans = saviors of unborn babies, but fuck the people who die of gun violence and Covid. Hypocrites who preach the hate instead of love.

8 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Yup. I know several single issue voters. Abortion means everything, even if it means giving up civil rights, dying of Covid, accepting racism, run away deficits, losing standing on the global stage, and having a halfwit for a president. But abortions gosh darn it!

This describes much of my extended family. They see abortion as a genocide of defenseless innocents. If that’s your view, then you’ll accept a whole lot of awful, evil shit from someone who promises to end abortion. And frankly, it makes their choice easy and they don’t have to compare and contrast the candidates on the basis of convoluted policy platforms.

18 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

This describes much of my extended family. They see abortion as a genocide of defenseless innocents. If that’s your view, then you’ll accept a whole lot of awful, evil shit from someone who promises to end abortion. And frankly, it makes their choice easy and they don’t have to compare and contrast the candidates on the basis of convoluted policy platforms.

This type of voter can be turned into a non-voter. If reminded enough times about how many years we've had a Republican White House, House, and Senate while nothing has been done about abortion sometimes they start to figure out that the GOP doesn't actually intend to do anything about it. And that their SCOTUS hopes never actually work.