If you have T-Mobile or Sprint

Both Tacos

They have contracted with my company for a free 6 month membership for Telemedicine services through their T-Mobile Tuesday's deal. All you have to do is have the T-Mobile Tuesday app downloaded to redeem with a click and put in your information. 
This is for ALL existing T-Mobile and Sprint customers, so sign up as the numbers help my company and it's free to you.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Blotto said:

After advertising here, please report back with how many cases your company receives for the unfortunate scenario where somebody tripped and accidentally sat on a bobble head doll, bowling pin, etc....

How about gerbal cases?

4 hours ago, Blotto said:

After advertising here, please report back with how many cases your company receives for the unfortunate scenario where somebody tripped and accidentally sat on a bobble head doll, bowling pin, etc....

And whatever you do, do NOT make a similar post on texags.com.

• 2 weeks later...

thread bump.  FREE SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On T-Mobile, if you have more than 2 One, Magenta, Essentials or qualifying plans, you can get a FREE line added. Just dial 611 and ask to speak to a representative and ask if you qualify for the FREE line. Cost is $30 ($10 SIM and $20 shipping) which is bullshit because SIM cards are cheap as shit but I guess they gotta get some revenue to offset the cost. I wasn't going to complain about paying $30 for a FREE line.

No sure if you can bundle this to add a phone with the discounts if you add a line. I have an extra phone so will use that phone, otherwise I would've asked.

Edited by crash_davis

12 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

On T-Mobile, if you have more than 2 One, Magenta, Essentials or qualifying plans, you can get a FREE line added. Just dial 611 and ask to speak to a representative and ask if you qualify for the FREE line. Cost is $30 ($10 SIM and $20 shipping) which is bullshit because SIM cards are cheap as shit but I guess they gotta get some revenue to offset the cost. I wasn't going to complain about paying $30 for a FREE line.

No sure if you can bundle this to add a phone with the discounts if you add a line. I have an extra phone so will use that phone, otherwise I would've asked.

What if you're migrating from Sprint to T-Mobile? Like you, I've got a second cell and would definitely enjoy eliminating monthly charges on that one.

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

sprint has/d been running the same deal.  couple big threads about it on slickdeals.

my plan is limited to 2 lines forever. want another line?  nope, can't fucking do it.  doesn't matter that they were running both 2 and 4 line promos with the same features at the same time.  you'd think those two would have been the same plan with different line counts, which they're perfectly able to do.  but, no, way back in the day when they were programming the computer system they put in one plan for 2 lines and one plan for 3-9 lines. 

/rant

Used to work for sprint in retail and business sales.

Here's the catch to this to sum it up, confirmed by friends still there.

The line is free.... for 12 months. Most reps leave that part out / you don't read it in the fine print / they don't even know it has a 12 month timer.

It must be an additional phone line. Cannot replace a current phone line or be used for tablet/watch/hotspot etc. New number, new phone line.

Must be on a phone you own outright, either bought at POS or BYOD. Can't lease a phone on that line. 

*** Additional kicker. You can't cancel ANY lines during that 12 month period or you will waive the free promo and owe for however many months that line was active at $30/mo. 

All this is, really, is a game to increase subscriber numbers with low/no use new lines (makes stock look better) and build in future retention incentive for the next year via cancellation penalty that nobody really is aware of, including the people you talk to on the phone or in store. (keep sub numbers high. people either forget about the line and it goes up $30/mo and they don't notice, or they cancel early then get talked out of it to avoid that penalty)

• Like 1

Used to work for sprint in retail and business sales.
Here's the catch to this to sum it up, confirmed by friends still there.
The line is free.... for 12 months. Most reps leave that part out / you don't read it in the fine print / they don't even know it has a 12 month timer.
It must be an additional phone line. Cannot replace a current phone line or be used for tablet/watch/hotspot etc. New number, new phone line.
Must be on a phone you own outright, either bought at POS or BYOD. Can't lease a phone on that line. 
*** Additional kicker. You can't cancel ANY lines during that 12 month period or you will waive the free promo and owe for however many months that line was active at $30/mo. 

All this is, really, is a game to increase subscriber numbers with low/no use new lines (makes stock look better) and build in future retention incentive for the next year via cancellation penalty that nobody really is aware of, including the people you talk to on the phone or in store. (keep sub numbers high. people either forget about the line and it goes up $30/mo and they don't notice, or they cancel early then get talked out of it to avoid that penalty)

That's a different promotion. The free line promotion clearly states in the advertising and in the contract that the line is free for the life of your sprint account. As long as you dont cancel any lines for the first year, you get to keep the free line indefinitely. This was a targeted promotion.

They were also offering a separate free service promotion that was in fact limited to year of free service.
  • Like 1

I just took advantage of the free line. There's no catch. It's free for the life of the account. All I'm paying is the tax on the extra line which is like three bucks per month plus the new SIM.

Edited by ajax
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

This is a great way of keeping people from moving to ATT or Verizon. Customer churn is a big metric to wall street. Keep customers and steal from others. That's the plan for success in the mobile space.

Sure, but you still have to provide reliable service. This morning, I lost all connectivity for an hour. No voice and no data from 9am to 10am 

Prior to the T-Mobile/Sprint merger, that was never an issue. Hell, I even cut the cord on my in-home internet and simply used my cellphone as a hot spot, but the last 3 weeks have started to make shit an untenable situation.

Without any warning, I'll go from blazing speed to nada, which is incredibly fucked up for those of us who are reliant on a solid connection for our careers.

7 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Sure, but you still have to provide reliable service. This morning, I lost all connectivity for an hour. No voice and no data from 9am to 10am 

Prior to the T-Mobile/Sprint merger, that was never an issue. Hell, I even cut the cord on my in-home internet and simply used my cellphone as a hot spot, but the last 3 weeks have started to make shit an untenable situation.

Without any warning, I'll go from blazing speed to nada, which is incredibly fucked up for those of us who are reliant on a solid connection for our careers.

T-mobile seems to be screwing the pooch on the regular folding in Sprint's network and customers.

the networks merging is going to be a pain as they do it. I believe the strategy is to do it market by market, so there should not be any national disturbances and the issues will be more localized..... in theory...... ignore the national outage that just happened haha.

Once it's done though, on paper, the combined companies have a greater network potential for long range spectrum and mid band for med/high speed. The microwave 5g space for ultra high speed isn't going to be something the average person uses or sees for a long time. In 2 years the 5g experience on Tmo should be very very solid, with a more consistent user experience than the other networks. We shall see.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

I am literally just the opposite... I don’t know if it’s the trees, living in a gully, whatever, but I have zero phone connectivity (T-Mobile) at my home, so the only way we get phone service is to link thru WiFi. Went from Spectrum to Grande 1GB several months ago, and it’s been pretty reliable. And we have an eero app to monitor our usage, and with all the phones/tablets/Rokus/FireSticks/Echos/smart lights, etc., it’s a mind blowing number of devices in service at one time. I suspect there’s no way we could do it off a hot spot, even if we got cell service.

And I used to get a free taco every Tuesday from T-Mobile, but Taco Bell doesn’t seem to be participating anymore. But Burger King will play ball on occasion.

Edited by Vito Andolini

• 1 month later...
On 7/5/2020 at 5:59 PM, TwiceHorn said:

T-mobile seems to be screwing the pooch on the regular folding in Sprint's network and customers.

I am just starting to catch up on all this shit.

after almost 20 years on Sprint we both upgraded to iPhone 8 two years ago. Now I find out we don’t own these phones after making big ass payments on them, then didn’t know we were supposed to notify them of our intentions after 18 months, and as a result are just leasing them for $25 each?  None of that was explained to us two years ago.

We have been including two extra lines on phones for our son & grandson too, so our monthly Sprint bill is $270. Son is now gettinghis own plan & phones, so that’s how we found out the “details”. 
Yeah, my fault for not reading the fine print, but basically couldn't anyway (Had cataract & retina surgery this year to help fix the old eyes).

27 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I am just starting to catch up on all this shit.

after almost 20 years on Sprint we both upgraded to iPhone 8 two years ago. Now I find out we don’t own these phones after making big ass payments on them, then didn’t know we were supposed to notify them of our intentions after 18 months, and as a result are just leasing them for $25 each?  None of that was explained to us two years ago.

We have been including two extra lines on phones for our son & grandson too, so our monthly Sprint bill is $270. Son is now gettinghis own plan & phones, so that’s how we found out the “details”. 
Yeah, my fault for not reading the fine print, but basically couldn't anyway (Had cataract & retina surgery this year to help fix the old eyes).

I think they're all pretty much like that now.  Used to be you made payments on a phone and when you were done it was yours.  The total paid didn't approach the retail cost of the phone.  But you also had a contract that lasted about as long as your phone payments.  

Now it's actually a lease under which at the end, you can either turn it in and lease something else, or keep paying, usually a lesser amount, until something resembling the retail price is paid.  But no contract.

What you did was probably the most rational option, assuming your iphones work fine and continue to do so for another year or two.

This new model, which effectively requires people to either pay retail for their phones, or get on an endless loop of paying monthly for a phone, is going to kill the flagship $800-1200 phone market.  I'm already done with it.  I have always had top-line phones, replaced a Galaxy S8 with a $200 motorola and didn't miss a beat.

Edited by TwiceHorn

I'm on Verizon, and still pimping a Samsung S7 which must be about 4.5 years old. Battery life is really my only complaint, but it is getting a bit laggy. My phone prior to that was an S3, so I dont upgrade at every opportunity, but when I did, I would get the latest/greatest Samsung phone. Pretty sure I may go with something like a pixel 4a which is bout $350. Its probably better than what i have now so it will seem like an upgrade. Maybe wait for the Pixel 5G variants to see how much they cost, as I will probably have it for several years. This $1200 phone bullshit is ridiculous.  

8 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I'm on Verizon, and still pimping a Samsung S7 which must be about 4.5 years old. Battery life is really my only complaint, but it is getting a bit laggy. My phone prior to that was an S3, so I dont upgrade at every opportunity, but when I did, I would get the latest/greatest Samsung phone. Pretty sure I may go with something like a pixel 4a which is bout $350. Its probably better than what i have now so it will seem like an upgrade. Maybe wait for the Pixel 5G variants to see how much they cost, as I will probably have it for several years. This $1200 phone bullshit is ridiculous.  

Yep, this is what I found.  I went Palm Pre, S2, S5, S8 and then cheapass motorola and am unaware of having lost anything.

My moto doesn't have wireless charging or NFC, but I don't use those things anyway, so who cares.  Works fine, has a good enough camera.

Now the question is, might I ever pay more than $200 for a phone that's a little better and I am not sure.

Edited by TwiceHorn

I was about to go out-of-pocket on the new Iphone SE, but it turns out that the sprint lease + buyout was exactly equal to the cash price, so I went with the lease.  I will buy the fucker for the balance as soon as the 2 years are up, and use it until it ceases to be functional. 

Meanwhile, the GF's phone was fucked up, so we bought her the reconditioned 8+ 64 gig for 299 about a year ago. 

22 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Yep, this is what I found.  I went Palm Pre, S2, S5, S8 and then cheapass motorola and am unaware of having lost anything.

My moto doesn't have wireless charging or NFC, but I don't use those things anyway, so who cares.  Works fine, has a good enough camera.

Now the question is, might I ever pay more than $200 for a phone that's a little better and I am not sure.

for me, wireless charging is the absolute best feature of the modern phone.  Both the GF and I have wireless pads (Costco) on our nightstands.   Check this shit out:  I live with a WOMAN who starts each day with a phone at 100% battery.    It's been my experience that the charge ports on phones get hinky before any other problems start, so I only charge the phone through the port when I'm in the car (and that's rare) or living out of a suitcase, because the battery life is pretty good. 

for me, wireless charging is the absolute best feature of the modern phone.  Both the GF and I have wireless pads (Costco) on our nightstands.   Check this shit out:  I live with a WOMAN who starts each day with a phone at 100% battery.    It's been my experience that the charge ports on phones get hinky before any other problems start, so I only charge the phone through the port when I'm in the car (and that's rare) or living out of a suitcase, because the battery life is pretty good. 

Can you have a protective case and still use the wireless charger?

7 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Can you have a protective case and still use the wireless charger?

Yes, but not all cases work.  The GF had given me a really great leather case with a little business card holder in the back.  It didn't work with the charger, so I had to dump it.  I have a regular protective shell now.    If you look, you will notice that many cases say that they are compatible with wireless charging. 

13 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

This new model, which effectively requires people to either pay retail for their phones, or get on an endless loop of paying monthly for a phone, is going to kill the flagship $800-1200 phone market.

I think you’re giving way too much credit to the average consumer. The market will be fine.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think they're all pretty much like that now.  Used to be you made payments on a phone and when you were done it was yours.  The total paid didn't approach the retail cost of the phone.  But you also had a contract that lasted about as long as your phone payments.  

Now it's actually a lease under which at the end, you can either turn it in and lease something else, or keep paying, usually a lesser amount, until something resembling the retail price is paid.  But no contract.

What you did was probably the most rational option, assuming your iphones work fine and continue to do so for another year or two.

This new model, which effectively requires people to either pay retail for their phones, or get on an endless loop of paying monthly for a phone, is going to kill the flagship $800-1200 phone market.  I'm already done with it.  I have always had top-line phones, replaced a Galaxy S8 with a $200 motorola and didn't miss a beat.

If you paid an extra $50. you could have gotten a Galaxy 11A, which doesn't have something something(processor/storage?) and not as good a camera as the S phones but are cheap at $250. I just need a phone to text and make calls, but it lets you use internet and  maps when you need it. 

1 hour ago, bigcigar said:

I think you’re giving way too much credit to the average consumer. The market will be fine.

True enough.  They need that baller phone to use in their 80k SUV on a 10 year note.  With a balloon.

I think the market will shrink, though.  The high end features just aren't that compelling anymore.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

think the market will shrink, though.  The high end features just aren't that compelling anymore

I'm a cheap ass that uses old, returned or just cheap phones.  I had gotten by for like 8 years on handed down phones from family members.  The only thing that held me back was old phones and cheaper models don't get updates as frequently or ever, and some modern apps get all pissy about not wanting to run on old android versions.