New Batman - Michael Keaton

Red Five

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Didn't that Flash guy get in big trouble for grooming a teenage girl?  And he gets is own movie out of it?  Hollywood gonna Hollywood.

he already had his movie mostly done before all that shit came out. Supposedly they're going to use this movie to erase all the other movies so they can start all over with a new Superman, Batman, Green Lanterns, etc and, presumably with a new Flash as well.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

he already had his movie mostly done before all that shit came out. Supposedly they're going to use this movie to erase all the other movies so they can start all over with a new Superman, Batman, Green Lanterns, etc and, presumably with a new Flash as well.

If they were to keep Miller and still ditch Cavill.

Shark Tank Pharma GIF by GrowthX

DC is such a mess. As said above, looks like a direct ripoff of the Spiderverse and the Multiverse of Madness. Flash actor is gross. Keaton Batman is the big news yet Flash is still the focus? I saw Superman in there and Zod. I struggle with the complexity of the MCU, but the movies are at least entertaining, and the primary plots can be followed reasonably well. Everything DC has done has been bad and confusing. I'm sure I'll watch though, cause Keaton as Batman. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/13/2023 at 12:15 PM, Viper said:

Humor Boomer GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Smax said:

It was terrible

The opening sequence was terrible.  Other than the big superhero fight near the end, the whole part of the movie in the alternate timeline was great. 

The colliding universes with different Superman versions was fun.  I gave a chuckle at one of the Superman versions and my wife was "what the hell was that?" 

This is The Flash thread?

I thought this was fantastic. It'll flop but deserves better. DC is a victim here of their own suckitude.

It puts the last several MCU movies to shame, and is easily the best recent DC movie I've seen, both comparisons admittedly aren't saying much.

But the writing was good, the acting was good and several jokes actually got laughs. I was very entertained throughout. The bad press lead actor I thought was great in this.

Nostalgia of course with Keaton back. That whole set up and payoff was well done.

It even had good emotional content in it.

Very pleasantly surprised, even after a friend/movie buff recommended it.

We were very familiar with the Flash as my kids were huge fans of the more recent TV show. But I don't think it contributed that much.

On 6/23/2023 at 12:07 PM, mdmost said:

This is strictly in the wait for it to premiere on HBO Max/Max for me.

I took my six year old to see it last night and this is what we should have done. 

I'm glad ya'll that enjoyed it got some satisfaction; it just didn't hit with me and it's probably because I find Miller's portrayal of the character super annoying.  All of the fan-service in the third act just seemed overdone. 

Keaton was definitely the best part.