2018 MMA discussion

ajax

I'm as excited for Khabib/Ferguson as I've been for any fight in a long time. I just think if anybody at 155 matches up perfect with Khabib, it's Tony Ferguson and his 10th planet JJ. But yes, if either one of these mother fuckers get hurt at the last second, it will be very disappointing. It'll also be the least shocking thing in the world. 

12 hours ago, youdunnf'dup said:

I'm as excited for Khabib/Ferguson as I've been for any fight in a long time. I just think if anybody at 155 matches up perfect with Khabib, it's Tony Ferguson and his 10th planet JJ. But yes, if either one of these mother fuckers get hurt at the last second, it will be very disappointing. It'll also be the least shocking thing in the world. 

does anyone think Conor comes back to fight the winner?   you can only claim you are the best if you actually fight

On 3/26/2018 at 9:31 AM, mackavelli said:

does anyone think Conor comes back to fight the winner?   you can only claim you are the best if you actually fight

I agree with you, but honestly, why would he? Dana White made a deal with the devil by allowing Conor to fight Mayweather. Conor got the highest pay day he'll ever have in his life by a wide margin, and now he's supposed to go back and fight Khabib or Ferguson for pennies on the dollar? The UFC is in a tough spot right now. There are no real stars that can carry a card right now. 

On 3/25/2018 at 6:50 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

I hope Khabib fucks him up! 

1522626576501_sp.jpg

April fucking fools?

Tony was doin the salsa on his injured leg and posted # blessed which is Max nickname so he knew all along?

https://mobile.twitter.com/aliabdelaziz00/status/980590843269648386

https://mobile.twitter.com/AliAbdelaziz00/status/980600635384123393

Its the ufc reduced to gorilla marketing and wrasslin tier gimmicks because the dipshits who bought the UFC from the mob had no idea what they were doing?

Max has huge cojones stepping in late to face Khabib.  I applaud him for that, but I think he gets mauled unless he can daze Khabib when he's steamrolling in to grab onto him. 

The keys will be whether Max, who will land some punches as Khabib is coming in, can gain any respect at all when he lands and whether he can avoid/escape the clench and takedowns enough to keep his gas tank full enough to stay on his bike and maintain his stand up movement game plan. 

I will root for Max, but fear this will just be a somewhat more competitive version of Khabib versus Michael Johnson.

Max entering the cage as a +365 underdog.  I think he has a shot if he can avoid the take downs (or at least may Khabib work for them) and getting smashed in the face in the first couple of rounds and Khabib gasses a bit, and then KO him late.  Don't think he can win a decision unless Khabib gets tired in the third, or Max manages to pick him apart from the outside and stay on the move.

Hope Max schools him. Hes faster and has a good sprawl.

Also stopped caring really about JJ as soon as she kept saying shes the boogy woman and she has a surprise for Rose over and over. Hopefully the rematch is a good brawl.

Please don't get deleted Pettis.

War Felder and Karolina. Two very punishable faces they are up against hopefully get ktfo.

Ohh also Boschiek going to be fun to watch.

1522716654466_sp.gif

Edited by SmokeyBear1861

Here's my prediction. Khabib is going to rush Max. He's going to eat a few shots, mostly jabs, maybe a cross or two. He's gonna push Max against the fence , undertook with his left arm and strike with his right. He's going to chain foot sweeps, inside trips, and throws - get Max down and then hump hump hump until the bell. Repeat for 5 rounds. He might gas at the end but he'll get the decision. 

Max just doesnt have the size or firepower to fight him off. 

2 hours ago, ajax said:

Here's my prediction. Khabib is going to rush Max. He's going to eat a few shots, mostly jabs, maybe a cross or two. He's gonna push Max against the fence , undertook with his left arm and strike with his right. He's going to chain foot sweeps, inside trips, and throws - get Max down and then hump hump hump until the bell. Repeat for 5 rounds. He might gas at the end but he'll get the decision. 

Max just doesnt have the size or firepower to fight him off. 

Khabib is GSP??

8 hours ago, SameSame said:

So everyone group thinks that Khabib takes him down and America of the mauls him?  

But i thought Khabib actually finishes fights? He has the ones i've seen. 

Apparently there's a video out there of Khabib slapping around McGregor's buddy Atrem. Just heard that, haven't seen it. 

I’m late to this, but god damn I hate this matchup for Max. Khabib is going to put on a “DC vs Silva UFC200” type of performance and just overwhelm him. It’ll be a boring ass fight, and it won’t ever be in question. I might say that even if Holloway had a full camp, but on short notice, literally all he has is a punchers chance.

I hope I’m wrong. And lol at the fact that this fight is for the lightweight championship. They haven’t even officially stripped Conor (have they? Please correct me if I’m wrong), and Ferguson was technically the interm champ. I thought khabib v Ferguson was supposed to be for Tony’s lightweight interm title. What a fucking shit show of an organization the UFC is turning into. Belts don’t mean anything. Rankings don’t mean anything. Tony gets hurt, and stripped of the interm title because how are you supposed to sell this card if there isn’t a belt on the line lol. 

Yeah, what a joke. Making it up as they go along. They might as well just have three title holders - Conor, Ferguson as interim, and Khabib/Holloway as interim-interim. What difference does it make?

Thought Conor was already stripped of his belt last month or so? And if you don't want your interm title stripped then don't post a vid "showing off" of you kicking a metal fucking pole. Cause i'm sure that had nothing to do with him tearing his LCL. 

1 hour ago, BERT said:

Thought Conor was already stripped of his belt last month or so? And if you don't want your interm title stripped then don't post a vid "showing off" of you kicking a metal fucking pole. Cause i'm sure that had nothing to do with him tearing his LCL. 

I mean, it literally didn't have anything to do with why he tore his LCL.

Say what you want about Tony the person, but it's laughable to think that he could get stripped of his phony belt because of a freak injury. There are so many inconsistencies with how that has been approached in the past, that it isn't even worth going through. It's laughable to say the least.

It happens. Injured myself on a trip.  Ski Apache '89.  Smacked into a damn tree.
Did you happen to see a tree that you never kicked before and then rushed over to kick it, because that's likely how Tony really messed himself up.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

My bad, I guess Conor was stripped of his title. I guess I missed that. But still, Ferguson v Kevin Lee was for the phony title back in October of last year. Yet, if Conor decided he wanted to fight the winner of this fight, he will somehow get the first shot. I think he's a pretty big douche, but I genuinely feel bad for Ferguson. He's about to lose out on the biggest payday he's ever had, and it may never come again. 

It turned into a lot more than that:

Fallout, so far, is that Michael Chiesa had his face cut and is doubtful for his fight, Rose was almost hit with something and was pretty upset over it, and Artem has been pulled from the card for participating.

So Dana said Brock is coming back and his opponent might depend on the winner of the next heavy weight title fight...   They need ppv buys so he’s going to get a title shot I bet.  Lots of fighters going to be pissed, but money talks.

"Right now, absolutely not," White said, when asked if he still wants to be in business with McGregor. "Do you want to be in business with Conor McGregor right now? Do you want to chase this guy for interviews and buy his fights? I don't think anybody is going to want to right now.

"I don't know if he's on drugs or what his deal is, but to come and do this and act like this? You're talking about a guy who has a baby. He just had a kid."

Get him.