2018 MMA discussion

ajax

Rogan getting all excited on every glancing partially blocked punch Al throws. He's trying his best to make this seem like not a wipe out. 

Khabib needs to take a page from Mayweather. Win boring but make yourself a villain and people will pay to watch you. 

Watching that video from inside the bus, you can clearly see that dolly hits the support column between the windows.  If it had hit the window flush, pretty easy to assume it would have flown inside the bus, and it could have really hurt somebody, maybe even killed them.

That little sorry ass Irish motherfucker got real lucky.  I hope they don't let him plead that felony down.  He deserves a felony.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2018 at 11:38 PM, youdunnf'dup said:

Thug Rose. If nothing else, she fucked JJ’s face up.

Her face was fucked up before the fight started. She always shows a lot of face damage though. Rose''s leg had a big ole welt on it. 

Either way, I think to beat the champ you have to dominate or KO, so I would give the fight to Rose. The judging is a poor scoring system, and the judges don't know shit about MMA either. 

Id love to get an update in Poirier’s leg. Dude was on crutches immediately after the fight, and even said after the fight “he probably wasn’t going to be able to go another round and a half on that leg”. If any of you remember what Uriah Faber’s leg looked like after fighting Aldo (back in WEC I believe), that’s when i first realized just how devastating leg kicks can be.

Good fights. Kevin Lee is kind of a beast but he almost got ktfo with that spinning heel. That would have been a crazy turn around.

1524431835071_sp.gif

Next card is kind of meh..

Women's Bantamweight

Amanda Nunes(c) vs. Raquel Pennington[a]

Middleweight

Ronaldo Souza vs. Kelvin Gastelum

Women's Strawweight

Mackenzie Dern vs. Amanda Cooper

Bantamweight

John Lineker vs. Brian Kelleher

Middleweight

Vitor Belfort vs. Lyoto Machida

Who does everybody got? 

I am so out of touch with MMA these days, but turned on the Bellator event just for the hell of it.  Missed the Neiman Gracie finish (if anyone has a gif, that would be great).  Saw Lovato Jr finish his fight like expected on the ground.  For a long time he was one of the few American black belts everyone agreed was a legit bad ass.  I wonder if he still teaches.