iPhone/MacBook Message App

Guest Lobo

I've never used message app on my macbook laptop because I rarely use texts to begin with.  I'm back in the office and don't need my texts with my wife popping up on my desktop.  It suddenly synched itself up somehow so that messages pop up on my laptop that used to just be on my phone and discretely in my desk drawer.  I have no idea how it synched/turned on with my computer, but how the hell do I shut it off?  I got more nosey people at my firm that I can shake a stick at.  I look forward to the responses, but inside all the sarcasm, somebody please tell me how to shut off messages because I have tried everything on the menu and nothing turns it off.  Thanks.

Yes, I did.  Says, preferences and then accounts.  Problem is that tab is just gone.  I remember shutting it off years ago to cut the synch with my phone, but it's just not there anymore.  I dunno.  

14 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Leave the app closed on your MacBook, on your iPhone, go to settings, messages, Text Message forwarding, and deselect your MacBook. 

I have the same thing happening (though it’s just an annoyance for me); I followed your steps and is already off so that may not work.