I'm not saying it was Aliens...but it was Aliens

Neonmoon

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/research/a33413777/pentagon-ufo-program-materials-vehicles/

The astrophysicist Eric Davis, who consulted with the Pentagon’s original UFO program, told the Times that after he examined certain materials, he came to the conclusion that “we couldn’t make [them] ourselves.” In fact, Davis briefed a Department of Defense (DOD) agency as recently as March about retrieving materials from “off-world vehicles not made on this earth.”

2020 coming hard in the paint 

On 6/28/2020 at 11:30 AM, nineliveslost said:

you know that has actually been my thinking for years.

I kind of subscribe to this as well. If we were being visited by beings from "far far away" then I feel like they would have either ended us by now or simply stayed invisible. I mean obviously it's possible that species outside of our solar system or galaxy or what have you just pop in from time to time to see what's up but it seems just as possible that it is a continuation of our species or life on Earth that has come back to check on things or bump us in certain directions. 

I mean you're either breaking the lightspeed barrier or you're breaking time as we know it. I don't see why one of those concepts is any harder to beleive than the other, and I also don't see why it would be hard to beleive that our understanding of the universe is pretty nascent and limited. We figured out how to split atoms 70ish years ago. Computers are about as old. It's only been 50 years since we got to the moon, and 60 years since we got a man past our own atmosphere. That time frame is so beyond insignificant in the grand scheme of things that the cup of coffee you had this morning or the piss you took is a more significant moment over the span of your life.

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

If they are time travelling then they are effectively from another dimension as far as our understanding of science is concerned, right?

no clue

i look at aliens from another planet being distance , but another dimension would be like a parallel universe.

Parallel universe can be punched to get to the other side.  "allegedly" 

But then again if you have a worm hole, the alien from another planet could travel just like an alien in a parallel universe. "allegedly"

oh fuck i dont know...

13 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

But then again if you have a worm hole, the alien from another planet could travel just like an alien in a parallel universe. "allegedly"

Yeah this is kind of what I was getting at by comparing time travel to travelling FTL. It's basically effectively time travel either way. So if you are warping or wormholing somewhere else then you're probably travelling through another "dimension" to get there. (without getting into the topic of parallel universes with their own timelines)

Regardless, there's definitely something going on involving an understanding of the universe and capability to travel that we haven't grasped yet or come to understood. I mean, how could there not be? We don't even understand how our own brains work yet.

31 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah this is kind of what I was getting at by comparing time travel to travelling FTL. It's basically effectively time travel either way. So if you are warping or wormholing somewhere else then you're probably travelling through another "dimension" to get there. (without getting into the topic of parallel universes with their own timelines)

Regardless, there's definitely something going on involving an understanding of the universe and capability to travel that we haven't grasped yet or come to understood. I mean, how could there not be? We don't even understand how our own brains work yet.

agree. Its looking more and more like the government has something and most definitively knows something. 

Jesus , if we cant get along being the same species, how're we going to meet and greet true aliens that are nothing like us? For fucks sake we cant even get along with folks of the same color and heritage. Both blacks, whites and every other color hate each other. Hey, maybe it will unite us as one race....bwahahahahah not freaking likely 

I on the other hand welcome our alien overlords. :)

Interesting times 

1 hour ago, nineliveslost said:

no clue

i look at aliens from another planet being distance , but another dimension would be like a parallel universe.

Parallel universe can be punched to get to the other side.  "allegedly" 

oh fuck i dont know...

The I dropped bad acid thread is that way >>>>>>

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, nineliveslost said:

Pentagon just created a special task force to investigate UFO shit. You know they are doing this to get ahead of whatever shit is about to be found out. I BELIEVE !!!

The time has come to welcome our new alien overlords 

The lid is cracked. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if concrete proof surfaced within the next 5-10 years. Fuck, who am I kidding. It wouldn’t surprise me to wale up tomorrow to the news. 

I always thought they would start small and work up over a couple decades. Microbes on Mars, planets confirmed to have the right atmosphere, and so forth. The trickle effect to build up to it. Looks like their hand is being forced a bit, so here comes the investigation. 

On 6/28/2020 at 10:45 AM, Red Five said:

Distant humans who have learned how to time travel. 

10-18-88, as the second set was about to begin  at Kiefer UNO arena, I swear I saw hundreds of the most comic book looking people appear out of nowhere. The Neville Brothers would close the second set with the Dead. I immediately thought of time travel, and expected an outstanding set.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

10-18-88, as the second set was about to begin  at Kiefer UNO arena, I swear I saw hundreds of the most comic book looking people appear out of nowhere. The Neville Brothers would close the second set with the Dead. I immediately thought of time travel, and expected an outstanding set.

Ya just can't find good acid like that today, kudos sir....

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/24/2020 at 10:05 PM, ztejas said:

I kind of subscribe to this as well. If we were being visited by beings from "far far away" then I feel like they would have either ended us by now or simply stayed invisible

There’s an unusual answer to the question “what is right, what is wrong” posed and discussed in the novel “Shantaram.” In short, it is answered by a unique take on natural law. Given that we know our universe is constantly becoming more complex,  right was defined by the promotion of complexity.

In his sequel, “The Mountain Shadow” Roberts wrote that the universe aids those acts that promote complexity, and hinders acts that don’t. I’d like to think there is truth therein, because it reduces the worry about the unknown. If Roberts is channeling Truth, then hostile aliens have greater worries than ending us. They are contrary to the rule of the universe.

I probably did a piss poor job defending the idea. There’s more to it.

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

There’s an unusual answer to the question “what is right, what is wrong” posed and discussed in the novel “Shantaram.” In short, it is answered by a unique take on natural law. Given that we know our universe is constantly becoming more complex,  right was defined by the promotion of complexity.

In his sequel, “The Mountain Shadow” Roberts wrote that the universe aids those acts that promote complexity, and hinders acts that don’t. I’d like to think there is truth therein, because it reduces the worry about the unknown. If Roberts is channeling Truth, then hostile aliens have greater worries than ending us. They are contrary to the rule of the universe.

Interesting train of thought. I would probably contend that that theory is pretty anthropocentric. 

i.e. humans so far have gravitated towards increasing complexity - but that doesn't necessarily mean that the rest of the universe does or would. 

Then again, my thoughts on the matter have probably changed since I wrote that comment in July, as UFOlogy and all of the related scientific or pseudoscientific fields that go with it is one of if not my favorite intellectual arena right now.

As an aside - I'd implore anyone reading this thread to watch the documentary "The Phenomenon" that came out pretty recently. It's a very good summation of the history of UFO sightings and government disclosures and non-disclosures and presents most everything pretty objectively without drawing too many conclusions. 

Disclaimer for the skeptics: It may change what you beleive in or how you feel about all of this.

Can you please explain like I'm 5 -- how do we know the universe is constantly becoming more complex? I get that it's expanding (thank you, 2 semesters in RLM), but what is becoming more complex?

Well, others have a better grasp on the particulars, but, the working hypothesis is that at the moment of the Big Bang, basic stuff came into being, and almost immediately transformed into other stuff. While probably not an accurate description, I think of plasma becoming the stuff that makes up atoms (neutron, electrons protons) coming together to form atoms,  and then these atoms interact with surrounding atoms and create more complex atoms. Enormous quantities of various atoms are drawn into stars, and planets, which creates yet more complicated atoms, Electron meets proton become hydrogen atoms leading  to carbon, within a star. That’s but one  greatly simplified sequence that describes greater complexity as time goes along.

Maybe a planet forms, instead of a star,  and its cooling creates yet more complex  atoms, which might group and react to circumstance (heat, pressure, chemical reactions either c) to become new stuff. More complexity. We can imagine rocks as a certain further complexity to all that came before. And the rocks interact to make more complex rocks, like metamorphic and sedimentary rock.      

Who know how many planets eventually see organisms come into being, made from the products of the past, resulting in more complexity, and those organisms begat more complex organisms. And so on. Until the complexity of the past gives rise to our species: as far as we know,  as solid a testament to greater complexity than previously seen. But there may already be more complex entities we are unaware of, or that are yet to be.

I don’t think of it as absolutely linear, there are dead ends and also quantum leaps forward, but we generally agree that, as the show progressed, there was more and then greater complexity. Based on what we theorize and observe.

How this observation of a universal constant (the universe got more complex over time) translates into defining a morality is less clear to me. A society that supports more freedom will  lead to greater complexity than a society that resists change, and thus is more moral, is another simplified example of that concept. But, David wrote about specific choices people can make, and argued those choices which enabled the new to be born , or allowed for more complexity, were the morally correct decisions:

Such a a small part of the first book, Shantaram, delivered through an Islamic derived swami, of sorts, albeit without the theology that the term Islamic implies. Indeed, the character was all about learning the cutting edge of science, which he translated into a worldview that he shared with his students.

He thought we are on the path to some ultimate complexity, which he allowed might be termed: god . Humans might lead to something else, but may well not. But the path they universe has followed suggests there’s greater complexity yet to come.

undoubtedly, I got somethings wrong, but I believe I gave the gist of the concept.

tl/dr plasma>electrons>Atoms>Stars>planets> rocks>organisms>humans>???

Edited by Willfully Horn
Tl/dr

36 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

Well, others have a better grasp on the particulars, but, the working hypothesis is that at the moment of the Big Bang, basic stuff came into being, and almost immediately transformed into other stuff. While probably not an accurate description, I think of plasma becoming the stuff that makes up atoms (neutron, electrons protons) coming together to form atoms,  and then these atoms interact with surrounding atoms and create more complex atoms. Enormous quantities of various atoms are drawn into stars, and planets, which creates yet more complicated atoms, Electron meets proton become hydrogen atoms leading  to carbon, within a star. That’s but one  greatly simplified sequence that describes greater complexity as time goes along.

Maybe a planet forms, instead of a star,  and its cooling creates yet more complex  atoms, which might group and react to circumstance (heat, pressure, chemical reactions either c) to become new stuff. More complexity. We can imagine rocks as a certain further complexity to all that came before. And the rocks interact to make more complex rocks, like metamorphic and sedimentary rock.      

Who know how many planets eventually see organisms come into being, made from the products of the past, resulting in more complexity, and those organisms begat more complex organisms. And so on. Until the complexity of the past gives rise to our species: as far as we know,  as solid a testament to greater complexity than previously seen. But there may already be more complex entities we are unaware of, or that are yet to be.

I don’t think of it as absolutely linear, there are dead ends and also quantum leaps forward, but we generally agree that, as the show progressed, there was more and then greater complexity. Based on what we theorize and observe.

How this observation of a universal constant (the universe got more complex over time) translates into defining a morality is less clear to me. A society that supports more freedom will  lead to greater complexity than a society that resists change, and thus is more moral, is another simplified example of that concept. But, David wrote about specific choices people can make, and argued those choices which enabled the new to be born , or allowed for more complexity, were the morally correct decisions:

Such a a small part of the first book, Shantaram, delivered through an Islamic derived swami, of sorts, albeit without the theology that the term Islamic implies. Indeed, the character was all about learning the cutting edge of science, which he translated into a worldview that he shared with his students.

He thought we are on the path to some ultimate complexity, which he allowed might be termed: god . Humans might lead to something else, but may well not. But the path they universe has followed suggests there’s greater complexity yet to come.

undoubtedly, I got somethings wrong, but I believe I gave the gist of the concept.

tl/dr plasma>electrons>Atoms>Stars>planets> rocks>organisms>humans>???

That's all well, and good, but it doesn't explain  the reason for Jerry Jones at all. 

• Haha 1

On 11/13/2020 at 12:04 AM, ztejas said:

As an aside - I'd implore anyone reading this thread to watch the documentary "The Phenomenon" that came out pretty recently. It's a very good summation of the history of UFO sightings and government disclosures and non-disclosures and presents most everything pretty objectively without drawing too many conclusions. 

Anything new in this for someone who generally follows this stuff pretty closely?

• 6 months later...

https://apple.news/ABg6-4jubQCijbgxdfu6KaA

A US Navy pilot has told of how he and his colleagues saw UFOs off the Virginia coast so regularly they grew used to the ultra-capable aircrafts' presence.

Former Navy Lieutenant Ryan Graves - who refers to UFOs as unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP) - called them a threat to national security in an interview with 60 Minutes that will air on Sunday

• 1 month later...
On 6/17/2021 at 10:53 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

Interesting article. 

On a similar note:

"I wanted to know who can see us now, but also who could have seen us in the past, and who will see us in the future," says Kaltenegger. She knew that new data from a star cataloging mission called Gaia would make that possible.

She and Faherty limited themselves to looking at the local cosmic neighborhood within 300 light years of the Sun, which contains more than 300,000 stars. "We wanted to use the closest stars," explains Faherty. "When it comes to exploring worlds, the nearest ones to us are going to be the most exciting."

It turns out that only a small fraction — around 1,715 stars — would have had the right vantage point to spot Earth at some time within the last 5,000 years. In the next 5,000 years to come, 319 additional stars will move into the right position to get a good view.

Still, surveys by NASA's Kepler Space Telescope have revealed that planets, including small, rocky planets similar in size to Earth and located in a temperate zone around their stars, are common. Kaltenegger estimates that 500 or so such planets could be orbiting the stars identified in this study.

In fact, some of these stars are already known to host at least one planet. The famous TRAPPIST-1 star system, for example, has seven Earth-size planets. It will enter the Earth-viewing zone in 1,642 years, and it will remain there for 2,371 years.

Meanwhile, the star named Ross-128, which is orbited by an Earth-sized planet, no longer is in the right location to spot Earth, but could have done so from around 3,000 years ago to about 900 years ago. "Would they have figured out that there is intelligent life on the Earth?" wonders Kaltenegger.

After all, human-made radio waves have only been leaving the Earth for about the last century. So the researchers checked to see which of the stars on their list were also close enough (within 100 light years) that our radio waves would have washed over them. They found 46 stars that can currently see Earth transiting the Sun while also being near enough to detect radio waves.

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/23/1009400843/alien-planet-hunters-in-hundreds-of-nearby-star-systems-could-spot-earth