Need help with "Aging in Place" bathroom design

Anyone here have (or know someone who has) CAPS designation or other expertise on aging in place design?

Assuming my furloughed wife (no pics) doesn't become unemployed between now and our tentatively scheduled construction loan closing in a few weeks, we are about to finally start rebuilding on the site of our Harvey destroyed house.  The architect, who professed aging in place knowledge, and who was told that is what we wanted, somehow drew plans without a wheelchair accessible toilet.  We want to adjust the plans to assure we have at least one wheelchair accessible toilet, but hope to avoid full ADA dimensions, which would Frankenstein our plans for a need that may never arise.  I am not looking for someone to redesign the house; just to confirm the minimum reasonable dimensions needed for comfortable wheelchair access to and use of the space.  At this point, we are not willing to trust the architect's assurance that x will be fine.  If it matters to the person assisting, I am in Houston.  Also, I am happy to pay (but not with pics of wife).     

I don’t have any fancy designation but I have built a couple of homes in the past few years that were accessible. The main thing is all your door ways need to be 3’-0”. No curb at your shower so you can roll in. Blocking for handrails, etc. They even make ADA thresholds that makes it much easier to get in/out of the house. If you want me to walk you thru some of this I can help out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk