NextGen Consoles: PS-5 and XBox X

Iceman

Walmart still your best shot.  Helped family over Xmas and got 3. 1 from Best Buy. Zero luck with all others. 

Walmart key is to have the item stay in your basket when they sell out and leave it there until the next drop. When everyone else is “adding to cart” your first click is “purchase”. It works. 

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Walmart still your best shot.  Helped family over Xmas and got 3. 1 from Best Buy. Zero luck with all others. 

Walmart key is to have the item stay in your basket when they sell out and leave it there until the next drop. When everyone else is “adding to cart” your first click is “purchase”. It works. 

This. 

You also can just keep clicking the Add To Cart button over and over until it lets you checkout. That's how I got mine back in December. Be on the site right before they announce a drop and once it goes live click like crazy. When I did it it probably took 2 minutes of just doing that before it actually let me checkout.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

@Constant @BayouBill direct.playstation.com opens at 4:30 in 6 minutes

Thanks for the heads up. I’m more an xbox guy at this point. Especially now that the Show is coming to xbox. That was the only reason I bought a PS4, although I loved Last of Us, Horizon: Zero Dawn, and God of War. 

Edited by Constant

Haven't posted here in a bit. Hope some of you have been able to get a PS5. Believe the last thing I said on here was how we were expecting Amazon to drop a couple weeks ago but didn't. My guess is when Jake Randall dropped the time range/date they were supposed to drop Amazon didn't like the results of seeing too many campers/bots on the site and decided to not drop. When they'll drop is anybody's guess at the moment but they did just drop in the UK the other night and they're currently sitting at nearly 50k stock. They gotta be dropping soon. I remember last drop they did it was around 2 am CT. 

Best Buy has done a drop 7 weeks in a row on a Friday which is surprising. Although last 2 drops were pretty small from what I heard. But I would say most people have a better much experience trying to cop a console off BBY as it's not very bot friendly and sort of does them in waves. They usually drop around 11 am or 2 pm CT. Here's a tip, when BBY does drop and you try to add to cart you'll get a message telling you due to high demand it hasn't been added to your cart and the add to cart button has turned from yellow to gray(also says adding more inventory). That's normal. Wait for that button to turn Add to Cart/Yellow again. It might take a half hour at most but it'll turn back to yellow and that's when you click ATC again and it'll allow you to proceed to the next step which is checking out at the BBY store of your choice. This is where it gets annoying for many. Because when they have the store selected and are ready to click Checkout they get a prompt telling them it's no longer available to pickup at that certain location. This is where I suggest you stop and to not spam the checkout button. Just leave it in your cart(don't do save for later either) so that the next time BBY drops all you gotta do is go to your cart and hit checkout. At least you've already completed the long part of adding to cart by then. But yeah if you click checkout and then move on to having to verify your BBY password it's all gravy from there and you're pretty much locked into get one. But be as quick as you can. Have your payment info and all that stuff already plugged in on your BBY account.

Playstation Direct is also really good because they have a queue system that works. It picks random people though so the tip here is to have multiple browsers open across multiple different devices. If you're using your phone, turn off the WiFi. When the queue starts everyone will start out with over an hour till you reach the front. I'd say if it's been 15 minutes and still over an hour you can pretty much call it quits. It usually only lasts half an hour at most. But if you get in the front within few minutes have you payment and address info ready. You only have so much time. PSD has been really quiet this week so it's likely they'll have a drop next week. Usually happens between 2 to 4 pm.

Target drops usually every 2 weeks on a Thursday but it's at like 6 am. Although they had one this week when they already had one last week. What's nice about them though is it's only for pickup and you can get it the day you place the order.

I wouldn't be surprised if Walmart drops tomorrow at 2 pm CT because it's the first Thursday of the month although as many of you know it's highly botted and kind of annoying to add to cart.

But yes, if you haven't given up hope and want a PS5 now I HIGHLY suggest getting on twitter and following accounts like @PS5StockAlerts, Matt Swider @mattswider, and Jake Randall and allowing notifications. Some believe this summer you'll be able to walk in-store and order a console but I personally am not that optimistic. 

Best luck to everyone!

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Thought I had a ps5 from target earlier this week, had it in the cart and hit checkout. But apparently I didn’t have an account set up and that part of the site crashed until they took it out of my cart because OOS.  

Yeah gotta have everything ready to go with sign ins and credit card info entered or else you have no chance

Yeah I thought I had gotten myself set up at all of the places I’m hunting- Amazon, psdirect, bb, Walmart, target. Guess I missed target. I’ve given up on Walmart, their system is too hokey. Never bothered with GameStop because they only do bundles and my financial investment for the kids stops at the system. They get to buy games and controllers. 

• 4 weeks later...

Gamestop is where I got my PS5. It was a bundle, but I wanted another controller and all the games in the bundle so it wasn't a big deal to just get everything at once. Aside from all the anti bot capcha's, it was painless. I made sure to set everything up ahead of time and have all my info ready to go. From order to arrival was 5 days.

On 5/24/2021 at 10:53 AM, HOOKEM4 said:

IF you have twitter, follow this guy and you will have a great shot at getting whichever system you are looking for.

https://twitter.com/mattswider

This. I got mine from following social media. Was following a couple Twitter (Wario64 is one) people and on Facebook “Austin Gamers.” The later posted a drop and five minutes later I grabbed one at GameStop. Also, it was weird…but I chose their warranty and it let me add to cart. It didn’t with it unchecked…DGAF if it was intentional for extra $. I was tired of playing the fill in your info game as I watched them go OOS every other time.

11 hours ago, Tailgate said:

This. I got mine from following social media. Was following a couple Twitter (Wario64 is one) people and on Facebook “Austin Gamers.” The later posted a drop and five minutes later I grabbed one at GameStop. Also, it was weird…but I chose their warranty and it let me add to cart. It didn’t with it unchecked…DGAF if it was intentional for extra $. I was tired of playing the fill in your info game as I watched them go OOS every other time.

The trick there is to check it and then uncheck it. It will still allow you to add to cart. At least that was my experience.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what happened to the Chinese microchip factory?

I think like said above this is still because of Covid. Factories didn’t produce, laid of staff, and are having hell getting parts. Shipping of goods international is a nightmare still.

All that and I’d say this is probably the highest demand of any console gen yet. More and more exposure to video games in all walks of life and people around my age(40) are still purchasing and playing while we have kids who are also playing and wanting.

• Like 1

Wow, I just checked in to see what was going on in the console wars, no one can get one? lmao (I still have an XBOX One I hardly Play)

I read cars aren't being built b/c no chips, I guess no chips for game consoles either.  I guess not a good time to be a consumer in anything with chips in it right now.

Yeah GameStop is the best to get a PS5 especially if you have a Pro membership. They only sell bundles and scalpers hate those. For those still looking for a PS5, hopefully y'all get an invite soon from Playstation Direct. It's how my coworker finally got hers. But yes, you will need to be on Twitter and follow guys like Matt Swider, Jake Randall etc. and turn on notifications. Also, check out Jake Randall's YouTube videos on how to get a PS5 from each retailers. There's a whole lotta tricky things you gotta do and he has good guides how to do it. Try getting one now because come October it's gonna get a lot harder. Good luck!

On 7/13/2021 at 5:28 PM, Fudbelty said:

Anyone know what happened to the Chinese microchip factory?

I think like said above this is still because of Covid. Factories didn’t produce, laid of staff, and are having hell getting parts. Shipping of goods international is a nightmare still.

All that and I’d say this is probably the highest demand of any console gen yet. More and more exposure to video games in all walks of life and people around my age(40) are still purchasing and playing while we have kids who are also playing and wanting.

More people wanting to stay at home due to pandemic helped cause that. But also, scalpers and their bots are making it more difficult for gamers to get these consoles as you can only purchase them online.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently my mom is sending me a PS5 that I didn't ask for, but since she bought my 15 year old nephew one, she got me one too.

Legitimately haven't had a PS since like 2005.  Only got myself back into gaming a few years ago when I bought a Switch.

Top 5 games I should look at?  Besides some friends who are THRILLED I can play Call of Duty with them.  Most of my Switch playing was Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Fortnite with friends...

I've owned every PS so far, so I guess I'll eventually get a PS5 (assuming I can find one), but doesn't seem like I'll miss much if I wait another year or so.

Most of the exclusives I'm hyped for won't be released for a while anyways. God of War: Ragnarok already has been pushed back to "sometime in 2022" and it sounds like Horizon Forbidden West will be officially delayed until sometime in Q1 any day now. I'll grab Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart at some point but not paying $70 for it. 

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

Apparently my mom is sending me a PS5 that I didn't ask for, but since she bought my 15 year old nephew one, she got me one too.

Legitimately haven't had a PS since like 2005.  Only got myself back into gaming a few years ago when I bought a Switch.

Top 5 games I should look at?  Besides some friends who are THRILLED I can play Call of Duty with them.  Most of my Switch playing was Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Fortnite with friends...

She just plucking them out of the sky?