NextGen Consoles: PS-5 and XBox X

Iceman

Just now, Baboontyme said:

Thanks for the heads up FSB. I was there. The drop was a bust. I guess Walmart tried to change up their virtual ordering system to some kind of a queue and it broke their shit. I was trying on the app on my phone and on desktop sitting in the car waiting for school pickup. No dice. 

Was just about to post here. Yes it was a complete fail! The good thing is it looks like Walmart is try to put a limitation on the bots/scalpers by going via queue system which is good. I think it was them testing out today but it failed miserably. However, from the looks of it it looks like they will be doing quite a few drops this week. It's possible they might drop again tonight but I'm also seeing 2 drops for this Wednesday. 

The first drop on Wednesday is at 2 pm for W+ members only then later that night at 6 pm for non-W+ members.

Friday will be a 5 am local time in-store drop.

Follow Matt Swider, Cameron Ritz, and Lord Restocks on Twitter for more info!

Yes. Order placed and confirmed on Walmart on 9/23, for delivery 10/28. 10/27 I get an email saying my order is delayed, 10/29 I get an email saying my order is canceled because I have exceeded quantity limits. I know, I should have kept one that I bought for others until I had mine in hand but that would have been a bullshit move. 

Just joined WM+ on a 30 day trial. We'll see if it helps. I'm hoping Gamestop will come through with a bundle for + members. 

1 hour ago, Baboontyme said:

Yes. Order placed and confirmed on Walmart on 9/23, for delivery 10/28. 10/27 I get an email saying my order is delayed, 10/29 I get an email saying my order is canceled because I have exceeded quantity limits. I know, I should have kept one that I bought for others until I had mine in hand but that would have been a bullshit move. 

Just joined WM+ on a 30 day trial. We'll see if it helps. I'm hoping Gamestop will come through with a bundle for + members. 

You won’t be able to buy one using a trial. You have to be a paid member.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I can get on the hunt for you. Digital or Disc?

• Like 1

So fucking sick of the 3 pm drops. I have to leave the house at precisely 3:17 to pick up my elementary kid and these virtual queues seem to be at least a half hour from when you first get through and into "line". It doesn't seem to work on mobile or on the app so I've been bringing my laptop and sitting in the car using my phone as a hotspot. Inevitable it craps out or I'm still in the queue when I have to walk up to the door for dismissal. I will be trying for sure and striking out again I'm sure. Hopefully the + membership pays some dividends. 

Wally world was supposed to have their big drop on Monday per the above but the twitter guys said they were having one at 3 today so I hopped on from 2 laptops right at 3, got a 17 minute queue, and with around 12 min left it told me I had 10 minutes to complete my order. Did it, and supposed to arrive 12/3. We'll see if the assholes cancel it this time. 

It was paid WM+ members only. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 11/18/2021 at 2:12 PM, Baboontyme said:

Wally world was supposed to have their big drop on Monday per the above but the twitter guys said they were having one at 3 today so I hopped on from 2 laptops right at 3, got a 17 minute queue, and with around 12 min left it told me I had 10 minutes to complete my order. Did it, and supposed to arrive 12/3. We'll see if the assholes cancel it this time. 

It was paid WM+ members only. 

They’ll be having another drop next Monday 

• Hook 'Em 1

So my kid has wanted the Xbox X since last fall but haven't been able to find one.  I pretty much have given up this year also.   I just got an email from Microsoft saying they are allowing some select Microsoft Store Customers to purchase a bundle with an Xbox X.  I thought it was a Nigerian Prince scam but I googled it and it seemed legit as there were numerous articles about Microsoft doing this.  I logged in and it let me order an Xbox X bundle which should be delivered next week.  Hopefully this was legit or if it wasn't some Russian hackers will now have my credit card info.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So my kid has wanted the Xbox X since last fall but haven't been able to find one.  I pretty much have given up this year also.   I just got an email from Microsoft saying they are allowing some select Microsoft Store Customers to purchase a bundle with an Xbox X.  I thought it was a Nigerian Prince scam but I googled it and it seemed legit as there were numerous articles about Microsoft doing this.  I logged in and it let me order an Xbox X bundle which should be delivered next week.  Hopefully this was legit or if it wasn't some Russian hackers will now have my credit card info.  

Yep it's legit. Microsoft started sending private emails to let people order an Xbox Series X bundle in order to combat bots. Their site is heavily botted. Congrats on getting one. Hope your kid will enjoy his Christmas!

14 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I do not have time to be ready for these midday drops. Frustrating. 

Are you willing to get up early around 6 am CT for Target drop? Jake Randall will be live streaming on YouTube and will sound an alarm when it restocks. Supposedly Target has a ton of stock coming in and is due to drop this week. Some are saying it's likely their biggest drop of the year.

On 11/30/2021 at 10:47 PM, FunkSoulBrother said:

Are you willing to get up early around 6 am CT for Target drop? Jake Randall will be live streaming on YouTube and will sound an alarm when it restocks. Supposedly Target has a ton of stock coming in and is due to drop this week. Some are saying it's likely their biggest drop of the year.

God effing damnit. Woke up at 5:50 this morning and hopped on the computer. Watched Jake's annoying-ass (though helpful) livestream until the re-stock dropped right at 6:30. Had one in my cart multiple times but website failed to let me checkout at least 100 times. Twice I got to the final step of confirming order by punching in CC security number and it still booted my order. I give up.

15 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

God effing damnit. Woke up at 5:50 this morning and hopped on the computer. Watched Jake's annoying-ass (though helpful) livestream until the re-stock dropped right at 6:30. Had one in my cart multiple times but website failed to let me checkout at least 100 times. Twice I got to the final step of confirming order by punching in CC security number and it still booted my order. I give up.

Do they ask for cc security number even if you have an account with payment info saved?  That’s one of his big tips for getting one and bypassing some server back and forth. Another is supposedly using PayPal goes to a different server with one or more retailers that has less traffic. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Do they ask for cc security number even if you have an account with payment info saved?  That’s one of his big tips for getting one and bypassing some server back and forth. Another is supposedly using PayPal goes to a different server with one or more retailers that has less traffic. 

Yep. Was logged into account and already had card info saved.

Edited by Storm the Field

1 hour ago, Storm the Field said:

Yeah I'm sorry man. It is advised that you use PayPal or Apple Pay as Pato mentioned it's because it goes through a different server and you won't have to confirm your CC on that. When you hit 'Place Order' you'll get an error message and that's normal. You just gotta keep spamming the 'Place Order' button until it goes through. I know, confusing and frustrating process. There will be more restocks coming up. 

Just a heads up if you're in The Woodlands/Magnolia area, the Target on FM1498 and 2978 had some Xbox series X's in stock. 

My wife was there while I was at the gym and called me about a toy for the kids. I jokingly told her to go ask if they had any series X's. They gave her one of a pallet that just came off the truck. 

• Hook 'Em 1

https://gamerant.com/walmart-ps5-restock-time-date/

Walmart Will Have 2 PS5 Restocks This Week
BY DALTON COOPER
PUBLISHED 8 HOURS AGO
Walmart confirms another PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X restock, meaning fans will have multiple chances to get one this week.

Wednesday, December 8 at 9am PT (Walmart+ only)
Saturday, December 11 (select in-store locations)

GameStop is having their last PS5 drop before Christmas right now. Must buy in person at a store and it’s a $795  bundle with the disc version and some games. I’m in line now, looks like I should get one. The boy is gonna shit himself on Christmas morning. 

Edited by Foggy Notion
Got one! I was #36 out of 40. Thanks to you guys who’ve been posting in this thread. I’ve been following it for a while.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5