NextGen Consoles: PS-5 and XBox X

Iceman

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

Crossing my fingers it won't be a complete clusterfuck like last time. If I have the damn thing in my cart, it better stay there. Hopefully they spent all of last week implementing a way to combat bots.

Walmart doesn't care if bots are buying them, a sale is a sale.

• Like 1

Almost had it on walmart.com.  Added to cart.  Was already logged in with payment info saved.  Fucking system kept hanging up on me trying to "verify delivery address".  By the time the server finally got past that, the consoles were out of stock.  Their shopping cart system is fucking stupid.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bernorange said:

Almost had it on walmart.com.  Added to cart.  Was already logged in with payment info saved.  Fucking system kept hanging up on me trying to "verify delivery address".  By the time the server finally got past that, the consoles were out of stock.  Their shopping cart system is fucking stupid.

Same

7 hours ago, bernorange said:

Gamestop.com supposedly has some PS5 bundles available, though it's not letting me add to cart, so maybe just trolling.

I scored the digital bundle from GameStop.  It wouldn’t let me add either and I pretty much gave up. Then a few minutes later decided to try one more time and it went through. That was at about 1:45, so for shits and giggles I decided to see if I could get one from wal mart at 2. It instantly went to out of stock. 

Supposedly on Reddit they are saying the Sony Direct Queue-It tech is designed to combat bots by making the queue random, so it's not first come first serve. Which totally makes sense, because I was one of those who setup an extension to refresh every 5 seconds until I landed in the queue. So I knew that I was in the queue within the first 10 seconds it went live tops (including 5 seconds of refresh and the captcha test), and never saw anything other than "More than an hour."

So apparently it doesn't really matter when you get in the queue, it doesn't start immediately after it goes live. As long as you get there before they press the start button, you can be randomly assigned anywhere. So your odds might be better jumping in the queue a tad later than usual, hoping you get hit it around the time they press the start button.

4 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

Supposedly on Reddit they are saying the Sony Direct Queue-It tech is designed to combat bots by making the queue random, so it's not first come first serve. Which totally makes sense, because I was one of those who setup an extension to refresh every 5 seconds until I landed in the queue. So I knew that I was in the queue within the first 10 seconds it went live tops (including 5 seconds of refresh and the captcha test), and never saw anything other than "More than an hour."

So apparently it doesn't really matter when you get in the queue, it doesn't start immediately after it goes live. As long as you get there before they press the start button, you can be randomly assigned anywhere. So your odds might be better jumping in the queue a tad later than usual, hoping you get hit it around the time they press the start button.

Been in the Q 4 times. No dice. Feels like the Masters lotto. 

10 minutes ago, bernorange said:

What is this queue you are talking about ( @MillerEP ) .  All I see is "Out of stock":  https://direct.playstation.com/en-us/consoles/console/playstation5-console.3005816

Sony opens a queue once a day during weekdays for people to order a PS5 directly from Sony. They don't announce when it'll go live, so you have to randomly keep an eye out or refresh that direct.playstation page until it re-directs you to direct-queue.playstation.com. Yesterday it went live at around 3:00pm, and two days ago it was 6:00pm, and I've seen it as early as 9:00am. I've tried everyday since last Thursday, and I'm 0-8.

Edited by MillerEP
  • Hook 'Em 1

i’ve been hoping for a ship notification from my 11/12 costco ps5 order. yesterday i got an email and thought it was a cancel notification, but they were just letting me know it’s still going to be shipping week of 11/23. the wait continues, but hopefully it doesn’t get lost in the black friday piles of shipments

Snagged a PS5 off of Kohls of all people last night. Supposedly they oversold and didn't shut their site down fast enough though so now I'm just waiting for my cancellation email, which seems to be about right nowadays.

A buddy is a software developer for Kohl’s and they’ve been working all night to fix the glitch. They had 12,000 consoles in stock and the inventory system didn’t deduct sold units from inventory and they took in over 150,000 orders. Oops.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mapplewhite132 said:

For those still hunting, try the HotStock app for iphone. Got a series x from best buy within a few hours of installing the app. 

Installed this and got an alert that it was available at the MS store about 15 minutes ago.  I was looking at my phone when the alert popped up and they were already out of stock by the time the MS store loaded on my browser.

Appreciate the heads up though, maybe I'll get lucky.

Just now, The Royal We said:

Installed this and got an alert that it was available at the MS store about 15 minutes ago.  I was looking at my phone when the alert popped up and they were already out of stock by the time the MS store loaded on my browser.

Appreciate the heads up though, maybe I'll get lucky.

Yeah that sounds typical but just keep trying. It took me about 10 attempts to check out at best buy before it would go through. I also was able to get a new AMD cpu that is extremely tough to find right now. Tooks 3 or 4 notifications before I got one. 

• Hook 'Em 1

More info on the Kohl’s fiasco. They are honoring all orders that were for a single console. They’re paying Sony to get the additional consoles prioritized at an extra cost of $30M. If an order was for multiple consoles, it was assumed it was for resell and the order was cancelled. it was one dude’s job to toggle on a setting when adding the console to inventory system and he neglected to do so. I’m guessing he was told not to come in this morning.

8 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

More info on the Kohl’s fiasco. They are honoring all orders that were for a single console. They’re paying Sony to get the additional consoles prioritized at an extra cost of $30M. If an order was for multiple consoles, it was assumed it was for resell and the order was cancelled. it was one dude’s job to toggle on a setting when adding the console to inventory system and he neglected to do so. I’m guessing he was told not to come in this morning.

I only ordered one and I got cancelled this morning.