NextGen Consoles: PS-5 and XBox X

Iceman

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Haven’t been paying any attention to consoles, but turning my attention to it now as we’ve kind of locked in on ps5 for my boys’ birthday on the 20th. Was surprised to see sold out everywhere I looked. Can someone catch me up on the easiest/best way to get my hands on a digital edition ps5?  Really don’t want a bundle, will let the kids add controllers and games with their birthday money and $400 is enough. 

What’s the next choice for a present?

10 hours ago, hornfan785 said:

I have the Xbox Series X. We used to have a pretty active Xbox group on here in the days of Destiny 1, but it faded after we all started getting tired of Destiny.

If you got Xbox you could either a Series X or Series S. If you don't have a high end 4K tv and you don't think you'll play a wide variety of games, I might suggest the cheaper Series S (if you can find it anywhere).

I wouldn't bother with a Series S. Performance and storage are lacking. If one is wanting to experience what this next gen has to offer, the S really isn't the choice. 

Just saw this on the Austin area gamers Facebook feed:

Walmart will have PlayStation 5 in 3 hours on its site (2PM CT)
Remember to be logged in the app/website. Have paying info and address updated. Try both app and desktop for higher chances.

Struck out at Walmart for now. But it says available again at 3:10 eastern so guess they are releasing inventory in batches to help the processing crunch?

missed the first 3. Refresh every 2 seconds and as soon as it changes to add to cart, i hit it and it says error out of stock. I guess that’s the normal issue of bots being too fast?

Edited by Pato del Muerto

On 3/4/2021 at 2:06 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Struck out at Walmart for now. But it says available again at 3:10 eastern so guess they are releasing inventory in batches to help the processing crunch?

missed the first 3. Refresh every 2 seconds and as soon as it changes to add to cart, i hit it and it says error out of stock. I guess that’s the normal issue of bots being too fast?

If you’re still in the hunt for a PS5 they should have a drop this Thursday. Online only and you pick up on store. Usually the day of. Here’s the issue, they drop super early in the morning. Past few drops have been 6:45 to 7 am CT. Problem is if Target realizes people catch on to their times they’ll change it slightly. It’s up to you if you wanna get up early. 

Should you do that, I highly recommend watching Jake Randall’s livestream on YouTube. He’ll sound an alarm the moment it drops. Also, if you can use the Target app on your phone.

I'm never an early adopter of new consoles, but was planning on getting a PS5 in the spring. Months ago, I just assumed that the lack of supply issue would resolve itself after some time. Is this normal with new releases? Should we expect a ramp-up in supply in the near future?

6 hours ago, Foosters said:

I'm never an early adopter of new consoles, but was planning on getting a PS5 in the spring. Months ago, I just assumed that the lack of supply issue would resolve itself after some time. Is this normal with new releases? Should we expect a ramp-up in supply in the near future?

My honest guess is this will happen probably mid to late summer where people will be able to buy one in-store although I think I'm being a bit too optimistic. Biggest problem right now is all the ordering is done online due to Covid. And because of that, you're basically having to compete with bots/scalpers which is making it very difficult. On top of that there's a chip shortage supply issue that AMD is having to keep up with the demand for both Sony and Microsoft.

Sony is anticipating to sell 1-2 million consoles each month this year but that is globally and they haven't even started selling in China yet until next quarter and they've barely tried selling much in India.

There's been quite a few great drops this past month though and we're starting to see scalper prices go down whether it be on eBay, StockX, FB Marketplace etc. Best Buy has had drops on Fridays the past 4 weeks. Target had a drop of 40k last week. Walmart had a 2 hour drop that was in waves a couple weeks ago. Playstation Direct will have 3 drops a week. Currently right now everyone who is following restock news is expecting Amazon to have a huge drop this week(rumored to be Wednesday or Thursday). Supposed to have 46k PS5s drop. That site will crash.

Good luck to you if you're trying to get one soon!

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/11/2021 at 7:16 AM, Tailgate said:

That's nice but for future reference in case anybody tries to get a PS5 off Target, getting it in your cart is only half the battle. You wanna make sure you're able to checkout and place the order. And then make sure Target doesn't cancel your order but that doesn't happen too often.

I have been actively trying for about 3 weeks, I don't have twitter notifications on so basically I find out maybe an hour before the drops. Haven't gotten one into a cart yet. Was hoping amazon would drop today. Instead its looking like tomorrow and Ill have to battle 200,000,000 people who want to spend their stimmy on a ps5. 

FML 

54 minutes ago, Juicy said:

I have been actively trying for about 3 weeks, I don't have twitter notifications on so basically I find out maybe an hour before the drops. Haven't gotten one into a cart yet. Was hoping amazon would drop today. Instead its looking like tomorrow and Ill have to battle 200,000,000 people who want to spend their stimmy on a ps5. 

FML 

Just got word that Amazon is dropping on Thursday so be on the lookout. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Juicy said:

FML 

Amazon should drop on Thursday between 8 am to 10 am CT. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 4:51 PM, Foosters said:

See my post above 

1 hour ago, Juicy said:

This is regarded. Am I really just supposed to sit here and constantly refresh amazon to see if this becomes available for 2 hours? 

Well 2 hours later I am still sitting here refreshing, luckily its a slow day at work. This is so fucking stupid though. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Same as last time. I wish they’d release them all at once instead of a % every 10 minutes. That just gives the bots more chances to complete a purchase and try again 10 minutes later. 

100% there is no way real people got in and bought them out in less than a second it absolutely had to be bots. This is really killing my desire to buy one of these things. 

All these sites seem to be trying to stop bots by one means or another, for the brick and mortar places why not just drop them in store, then you know at least some actual customers are getting them. Plus then they are you know in your  store. 

37 minutes ago, Juicy said:

All these sites seem to be trying to stop bots by one means or another, for the brick and mortar places why not just drop them in store, then you know at least some actual customers are getting them. Plus then they are you know in your  store. 

Because they also don't want to deal with nerds camping out for days and then rushing/fighting in the store.