There is more Cloak Room in Daily Texan than there is in Cloak Room.

7 minutes ago, Tom said:

Is this sarcasm?  On the last two pages of that thread alone there are 7 cloak room posters.  Was the point of this post to complain about name calling while also name calling in the very same post?

And no whiny negging? Stone Oak/whatever alternate username he came up with was negging anyone he didn't agree with

Then you have people posting right-wing youtube videos and Russian propaganda and pretending that was "discussion" 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/29/2020 at 12:06 AM, Helobious said:

I actually don’t get why the mods police DT anymore. Seems like nothing but more time/energy/headaches for them. Just make the DT & CR the only boards for political talk, or combine the two. 

No.  I mean, for example this should be a major fucking current event - the President of the United States talking about delaying the election, even though he doesn't have the power to do so.

But we know how it will turn out.  It would go from a few intelligent posts where a few of the 49% of Surly who is a lawyer (49% are doctors, the other 2% are slackers)  would say "the Constitution does not grant him that power, and only Congress can change that date " to "FUCK YOU YOU CAN'T SAY THAT, IT'S POLITICAL, WHAT POLITICIANS SAY OR DO IS NOT A CURRENT EVENT!!!!"

And so that kind of stuff must stay in CR.  And that's fine.

9 hours ago, XYZ said:

Is anyone else not able to give positive or negative reputation anymore?

Don’t know, but fuck those CR assholes for calling me out on their shithole forum, a place I have studiously avoided participated p in since the early stages of surly’s existence. They know that too.

Edited by Armybrat

34 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Don’t know, but fuck those CR assholes for calling me out on their shithole forum, a place I have studiously avoided participated p in since the early stages of surly’s existence. They know that too.

Having campaigned for Benjamin Harrison doesn't carry a lot of water in there.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Dunno, but my notification inbox is flooded this morning with shit from that one CR thread where I stupidly responded to being called out (for the second time). Just setting the record straight and those crazies all get their panties in a wad.

Fuck their worthless noise.... and their shitty tactics of trying to suck someone back in their cesspool so they can play their stupid negrep games. Guess those turds are tired of all the reacharound reps they give each other.

Felt all icky & dirty after posting the one reply, so much so that even looking at the notifications from that forum isn’t worth attempting. Those reactionaries can just fap by themselves.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 3

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Having campaigned for Benjamin Harrison doesn't carry a lot of water in there.

No way man, Armybrat is a VanBuren boy through and through!  He knows the secret sign and everything

Dunno, but my notification inbox is flooded this morning with shit from that one CR thread where I stupidly responded to being called out (for the second time). Just setting the record straight and those crazies all get their panties in a wad.

Fuck their worthless noise.... and their shitty tactics of trying to suck someone back in their cesspool so they can play their stupid negrep games. Guess those turds are tired of all the reacharound reps they give each other.

Felt all icky & dirty after posting the one reply, so much so that even looking at the notifications from that forum isn’t worth attempting. Those reactionaries can just fap by themselves.

you should emote about it some more we all love to read that

On 7/30/2020 at 10:25 AM, Js1 said:

And no whiny negging? Stone Oak/whatever alternate username he came up with was negging anyone he didn't agree with

Then you have people posting right-wing youtube videos and Russian propaganda and pretending that was "discussion" 

image.thumb.jpeg.81eb24a746952b6603f5bceda2a99b26.jpeg

23 minutes ago, high side 3 way said:

It's funny to watch the cabal go full Karen when images, videos, and links are provided demonstrating the criminal activity and property damage that has been occurring.

Hey, speaking of Karen's, why aren't you on another neg spree? You almost had me crowdsourced last time

21 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Walmart rack.

That's what we used to call an ugly woman with a fake boob job.  "Hey check out her Walmart rack!"  

Nothing sadder than an ugly woman with a shitty implant job.  And now they number in the tens of thousands.  

18 hours ago, Armybrat said:

I called you out, you took the bait and proceeded to shit yourself all over again.

Just so you know I only called you out because I still have some respect for you. I wouldn't bother with the likes of icono or johnny sack.

Edited by Michael Knight

7 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

I called you out, you took the bait and proceeded to shit yourself all over again.

Just so you know I only called you out because I still have some respect for you. I wouldn't bother with the likes of icono or johnny sack.

picking on an old man on the internet. Awesome, bro

6 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Same. I frequent the oil thread but that’s it. That weirdo braggart Lobo entered the thread the other day specifically to say anti-Trump shit. If that thread gets overrun with these idiots, I’m gone for good. 

Now you’ve both set the expectation and named the payoff...

25 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Same. I frequent the oil thread but that’s it. That weirdo braggart Lobo entered the thread the other day specifically to say anti-Trump shit. If that thread gets overrun with these idiots, I’m gone for good. 

You kids would not have survived long on dial-up BBSes or Usenet.  

Report people or put them on fucking ignore.   

If any of my recent posts on the oil thread are deemed to be overtly anti-Trump, I'll self ban from the whole DT forum for a week, or whatever the mods deem appropriate.  

Meantime, I got "weirdo" shit to do.  Actually, I don't.  But I wish I did, sounds fun.  

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Lobo is on ignore.

I know when he wades into the oil thread it’s to post some obscure shit or name drop some academia rando in effort to look smart. Or to post political shit, like he does with absolute impunity everywhere on this board.  

So I read his posts.

I really don’t care.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Yeah, we're still in counseling but it feels like I'm the only one of the two of us working on our divorce.  

It bears repeating because I think both Rex and I could use some solemnity in our lives...if he can demonstrate any of my recent posts in the Oil thread that show I was speaking negatively about Trump (and forcing him to defend Trump, his words...not mine), then I will voluntarily ask the mods to remove me from DT forum for two weeks.  

On 7/30/2020 at 10:18 AM, Tom said:

Is this sarcasm?  On the last two pages of that thread alone there are 7 cloak room posters.  Was the point of this post to complain about name calling while also name calling in the very same post?

people calling DT a right wing forum even though people can still have civil discussion. keep up.

On 7/31/2020 at 2:28 PM, Michael Knight said:

I mean there is no way I’d waste half a second of my life interacting with a loser like you in real life.  I’m horrified to even imagine what kind of miserable life you lead.  If you were drowning I’d toss you a cinder block and would be doing the world a favor. 

• Hook 'Em 2