There is more Cloak Room in Daily Texan than there is in Cloak Room.

Ha, I like some good back and forth.  I’m sure you’re a good dude and nothing here should get personal.  I cross the line but am happy to help get over shit with some good OU sucks jokes.  I do apologize to anyone out there who took shit I said personally.  Talking shit is a sport to me.  And when I do it here it helps me be much more tolerable in real life.  

Wait...this isn’t real life?

giphy.gif

Wow. Came here to bitch about THE TOTALLY NOT POLITICS FOOTBALL THREAD!!!!! And holy shit. Slorch looked around “people are being stupider than me? Fuckkk brb”

Just Christ y’all. But whatever. Let’s fuck  up a bunch of college athletes and their supervisors  cause we wanted to grill and watch the game. Just fucking nuts some of you fucking people are. Well not some. All. But most of us can contain it. Then there’s a txtow....

Edited by Fletch
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

Just Christ y’all. But whatever. Let’s fuck  up a bunch of college athletes and their supervisors  cause we wanted to grill and watch the game. 

Supervisors?

r960-f385bed2f385b34d25209a49c3d546ad.jp

Edited by slorch

^I thought boot wearing, truck driving with their concealed carry JUST IN CASE HE NEEDS TO BE THE GOOD GUY WITH THE GUN!!!!! Due process? Nah. 

But there pussies get their feelings hurt so fucking easily then whine about it. So I guess like their lord and savior trump 

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

^I thought boot wearing, truck driving with their concealed carry JUST IN CASE HE NEEDS TO BE THE GOOD GUY WITH THE GUN!!!!! Due process? Nah. 

But there pussies get their feelings hurt so fucking easily then whine about it. So I guess like their lord and savior trump 

What? What's the first paragraph have anything to do with anything?

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

I don’t think you understand what this thread is for.

No, I get it just fine. It’s impossible to separate politics and sports right now. It’s the usual idiots that are all “ohhhh shut up and play!!!!” While not caring at all that athletes are gonna die. But they don’t care I guess considering the amount of school shootings the last 20 years 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Don’t just embrace the fear.  Live every moment in sheer horror. 

Seems healthy in and of itself. 

People are aware of the risks, yet you personally tried to CR up the high school football thread. Discuss it in the appropriate place is all people are saying.  Yet you insist...smdh.

Edited by slorch

16 minutes ago, Fletch said:

No, I get it just fine. It’s impossible to separate politics and sports right now. It’s the usual idiots that are all “ohhhh shut up and play!!!!” While not caring at all that athletes are gonna die. But they don’t care I guess considering the amount of school shootings the last 20 years 

If you get it, then you’re intentionally ignoring it. You’re just trying to co-opt this thread now to spew political talking points. Stop.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, slorch said:

Don’t just embrace the fear.  Live every moment in sheer horror. 

Seems healthy in and of itself. 

People are aware of the risks, yet you personally tried to CR up the high school football thread. Discuss it in the appropriate place is all people are saying.  Yet you insist...smdh.

Dude. It’s impossible to discuss one without the other. Your tech education is showing 

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Dude. It’s impossible to discuss one without the other. Your tech education is showing 

No high school football is very easy to discuss without some idiot shouting about Evil Lord Cheeto.

Extremely easy if the will and respect for others exists.

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Lol thinking high schools will be able to be in-person the entire fall

True enough.   The chicken littles ain’t gonna stand for that shit.

No, it's impossible for YOU to separate sports and politics. It's impossible for you to separate politics from absolutely fucking ANYTHING. You're no different than any number of dipshits around here, right or left, who are absolutely incapable of viewing any topic without your stupid fucking red or blue glasses on.

This site has a sub forum for political discussion, but you refuse to keep your political vomit there, no you and a couple dozen other cloak room cunts have to spew it all over the site and now everything fucking stinks.

What a shitty small existence you must lead.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s not like politics has anything to do everything in life.  Politics doesn’t have any influence on the air I breathe, the water I drink, the truck I drive, or the pay I earn.  Nope, nothing to do with politics. I don’t know why folks can’t just ignore the political nonsense. 

for people like you, who have what...around a 99.8888888801% political postings and contribute virtually nothing in other areas of the board, I'm sure your position seems reasonable.

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s not like politics has anything to do everything in life.  Politics doesn’t have any influence on the air I breathe, the water I drink, the truck I drive, or the pay I earn.  Nope, nothing to do with politics. I don’t know why folks can’t just ignore the political nonsense. 

Does politics make you post here?

• Hook 'Em 1

Gosh, I hope not.  It was more of like a "his face is built for internet political posting"...so that's why he's so frequent at it.  

But yeah...more importantly...who's the broad?  

Haven’t caught up on the thread but mother fuckkkkkkk what a month. Hospital visits for my mother, father and myself. I got out at 6 am. My father got our last night at 8ish pm and my mom just got home from a 3 week hospital stay. Non of it was covid related so no sweat there. So this morning I did some light throwing with a baseball, light swing, went on a walk then fuckkkkking crashed around noon and woke up at 7 pm. 

I’d been doin other shit earlier in the night, but dudes, sorry. I just crushed a bowl, took a Xanax and am about to throw in a dip and play some mlb20

I’ll keep the CR there and just discuss roster, practice, scheduling, all that shit as it is with no CR angle. 

I wanna go back to @TwiceHorn @Cajun @torre @Valmy77 @petscii and @GreenspointTexas talking about our 2020 CWS run and how that sets us up as title favorites next year. But nope. Covid happened and I think y’all may know my thoughts on that. 

Y’all staff same and 🤘

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Haven’t caught up on the thread but mother fuckkkkkkk what a month. Hospital visits for my mother, father and myself. I got out at 6 am. My father got our last night at 8ish pm and my mom just got home from a 3 week hospital stay. Non of it was covid related so no sweat there. So this morning I did some light throwing with a baseball, light swing, went on a walk then fuckkkkking crashed around noon and woke up at 7 pm. 

I’d been doin other shit earlier in the night, but dudes, sorry. I just crushed a bowl, took a Xanax and am about to throw in a dip and play some mlb20

I’ll keep the CR there and just discuss roster, practice, scheduling, all that shit as it is with no CR angle. 

I wanna go back to @TwiceHorn @Cajun @torre @Valmy77 @petscii and @GreenspointTexas talking about our 2020 CWS run and how that sets us up as title favorites next year. But nope. Covid happened and I think y’all may know my thoughts on that. 

Y’all staff same and 🤘

I've been in and out of the hospital the past 7 weeks with more visits to go.  This is the time when I would normally trawl the internet and start building the 2021 schedule.  

I can say without reservation that we did not suck in 2020.  :)

Xanax and Ativan are my jam too.

I think this is my first cloakroom esque post..

🤘

Edited by petscii
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I should probably, though, challenge myself and jerk off with him. 

Stay out of the champaign room. But whatever floats your boat is my credo - as long as it involves competent and consenting adults, go for it. 

No one is going after Beeper riches. The economic goal is to save the last of middle class and the PWC class - as everything below you has collapsed into a third world state.

NSFAnyone who has PTSD from politics - that is a real thing and a boundary we should respect. I do. That's not a snowflake issue. 

Spoiler
The Swamp swallowed the President whole and for whatever reason, he went along for the ride. Experiments fail.

Edited by washparkhorn

4 hours ago, petscii said:

I've been in and out of the hospital the past 7 weeks with more visits to go.  This is the time when I would normally trawl the internet and start building the 2021 schedule.  

I can say without reservation that we did not suck in 2020.  :)

Xanax and Ativan are my jam too.

I think this is my first cloakroom esque post..

🤘

God damn dude! Thoughts and whatnot. Now get your ass better! I’m assuming they’ll try to release a schedule in a month or so. Idk. But god dammit you have a duty to us 7 die hard Texas baseball fans on this site!!!

Seriously man. Hang in there. And if you ever want to be called a useless cocksucker or your mom is a cum dumpster, were here for ya pal. 

On 8/19/2020 at 11:16 AM, slorch said:

No high school football is very easy to discuss without some idiot shouting about Evil Lord Cheeto.

Extremely easy if the will and respect for others exists.

On 8/19/2020 at 12:22 PM, Captainant said:

Lol thinking high schools will be able to be in-person the entire fall

I stay out of the football threads for the most part; the avoidance has zero to do with anything political, it's that football is bad for my blood pressure.

Anyhoo, we've been down this road with football in a different sense just not a contagious one. No one used to care about Spencer's or Brayon's concussion and whether that might make him deteriorate mentally down the road but people sat up and took notice when the parents started pulling their babies out of the sport, enough that it got people paying attention that run the numbers and look at fan support and all the other things I don't know about.

Sure there was resistance, sure there were folks that said, "I played and I'm okay," sure there were coaches that said, "rub some dirt on your head and get back out there," but overall, people at a personal level tend to care about other people with whom they have a relationship. Parents to children. Coaches to players. Players to coaches. Teammates. Fans. The retired teacher that takes the tickets on Friday night that remembers your spectacular playground catch in fifth grade. The further away from that relationship, the tougher it gets. It takes a real leader because the numbers of EVERYTHING including the money get very complicated and large.

But, even with concussions (CTE debate) pushback from those reluctant to change, protocols started happening, safety designs and rules began to change. People may still discuss at length about some of these changes, whether they go too far or not far enough or if they help at all, but in the long history of football they are relatively recent if you think about it. Do you ever think about going back to the 1970s when one could block below the waist? They changed that rule but I don't even think about it anymore. It just is and we've moved on.

So now we have something that is contagious and we are still learning about it and the reactions and debate are ongoing. The health impacts, the economic impacts, the effect of not being able to play. Is it political? Undoubtedly, very much so because with public health there is a policy component in our country that should and has frequently been apolitical but not always. But politics does not have to be concretely interwoven into the "should we have football" question to have the discussion each and every time IMO because you can compartmentalize it if necessary.

My two cents.

Anyone who does not think high school football is not in any way shape or form a political animal is not quite being honest with themselves. Just ask the dads I see who park at the practices.

It is a religion for some, indeed.  It can be political in the sense of influence and power, for sure. Wanna discuss recruting/ zoning/ playoff structures?  Most people are game for that.

It is not, however, generally partisan with regard to the direction the other poster attempted to take it on multiple posts.

Oooooh, challenge accepted!
It’s Iike bad-teammate has no concept of the notion that I have money to make, I have to mold little Beepers into alpha male athlete leaders of men and captains of industry, there are bitches to bang and there is golf to play. I should probably, though, challenge myself and jerk off with him. 

Come play with me at Lakewood. But you’ll have to leave your dip cup at home.
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, TriStone said:

This is where the xanax kicked in.

Eh....worth it. Made rewatching the 02 baseball title game against South Carolina fuckkkkking amazing! Felt like I was watching it for the first time. “Whoo! There ya go!! Come on!!! Send him send him!!! *claps* ATTA BOY OMAR!!”

04 run next up. Well,  until that...cant even say it title series 

Eh....worth it. Made rewatching the 02 baseball title game against South Carolina fuckkkkking amazing! Felt like I was watching it for the first time. “Whoo! There ya go!! Come on!!! Send him send him!!! *claps* ATTA BOY OMAR!!”
04 run next up. Well,  until that...cant even say it title series 

Damn we were good those years.

On 8/19/2020 at 11:09 PM, Captainant said:

Well great news, the local one is having a store closing sale, 40% off lowest ticketed price.  There’s a post office a few doors down.  Rumor has it post office wants to move into the larger Steinmart space as kind of a fuck you to Trump.  The owner-manager of the strip center is inclined to do it with as much TI help as they can give since it beats a decade long vacant 20,000 ft+ end cap.  Turn most of into an expanded sorting center.   Or the school district could take it over.  What the hell are we gonna do with all this empty CRE?   Meantime, imma buy a new pair of cheap khaki shorts.  

We’ve had 3 straight good to great recruiting classes. They seemed much improved in the 15 or so games they played last spring. God damn dude. The world is ending and I’m just hoping we can compete for the conference. Let me and the other 5 die hard Texas baseball posters have this. My head is about to explode from the current political climate

• Like 1