There is more Cloak Room in Daily Texan than there is in Cloak Room.

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Did you miss the cloak room, you fool? 

But the thread title says there is more CR outside the CR so I was just going with the flow.  Besides I couldn't hang with the heavyweights that drop all that truth and knowledge in the CR, plus they are so polite.  I just live in envy of all the insightful people that post in there.  Just a Smoking Joe Fanboy here.

No, I'm just curious why neither you nor the mods don't think it's newsworthy or a notable current event that a sitting US president requested a violent white supremacist group to "stand by" when asked if he condemned white supremacy as a concept or not.

Which was of course, followed up by a request for his supporters to "watch" polling places.

Seems pretty fucking newsworthy to me.

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

No, I'm just curious why neither you nor the mods don't think it's newsworthy or a notable current event that a sitting US president requested a violent white supremacist group to "stand by" when asked if he condemned white supremacy as a concept or not.

Which was of course, followed up by a request for his supporters to "watch" polling places.

Seems pretty fucking newsworthy to me.

those posts are hidden, the point of that thread was to be funny and make fun of the debate as a new story not to talk about the content which is what the clearly political CR thread was about.

On 9/29/2020 at 8:15 AM, Lobo said:

I'd love to see something for us former GOP'ers who actually have remained true to our liberty/small-government/great America vision, but that's probably not enough traffic to warrant a whole forum.

I've been looking for that for over 15 years.  It's depressing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/secondamendment/ - I maybe confusing this with another subreddit since there's a bunch of 2A subs, but one of them used to be pretty good about sticking to policy and not worshipping politicians, but with a bunch of those these days, you have to suck Trump cock

https://www.reddit.com/r/Conservative/ is overrun with people who equate GOP (and to a lesser extent Trump)  = conservative, which is a fucking joke.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Libertarian/ sounds good on paper, but as somebody who has voted for them on and off since the 90s, they still can't help stepping on their own dicks

https://www.reddit.com/r/ConstitutionParty/ also sounds good on paper, but they are overrun with isolationists and Bible thumpers.

If you want to make people's heads spin, I have some 20 year-old Free Republic accounts laying around, need to dig out the passwords.  Two were campaign-related, one I was temporarily banned back in 2004 for criticizing W (of course, now FR hates him).  I swear that place was coded by the same people who did TexAgs, just TexAgs had a graphics designer from Blinn.  They are overrun with Qanon idiots (FR, not TexAgs, although TexAgs is as well).

And that brings me to this: I've actually debated setting up either a forum on one of my servers, or a subreddit, dedicated to exactly what you are talking about.  The only problem is that moderation would be insane, because otherwise it will be overrun with qanon/Trumpers.  They get pretty fucking ragey about conservatives who are not on the Trump bandwagon, and will seek them out if they get wind of them.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/29/2020 at 8:29 AM, Moby Ric said:

I have to go turn on The Daily Show and Samantha Bee to get more news to inform myself of all the evil that Trump has done and how awesome Joe is just as soon as I get off twitter.

On 9/29/2020 at 4:50 PM, Moby Ric said:

Can't talk, DVR'd Samantha Bee.  She is so smart.

15 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

Can't wait to hear what the Daily Show has to say.  Best news show on TV.

Sarcasm noted, but you could actually benefit from watching The Daily Show or Samantha Bee and you might not sound like such a gullible nincompoop who believes Fox-fed conspiracies like Joe BIden was wearing a wire or that he fired a prosecutor to not investigate his son.

https://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5

STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All

Media outlets such as Fox News and MSNBC have a negative impact on people’s current events knowledge while NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows are the most informative sources of news, according to Fairleigh Dickinson University’s newest PublicMind survey.

Researchers asked 1,185 random nationwide respondents what news sources they had consumed in the past week and then asked them questions about events in the U.S. and abroad.

On average, people correctly answered 1.6 of 5 questions about domestic affairs. 

Because the aim of the study was to isolate the effects of each type of news source, they then controlled for variables such as other news sources, partisanship, education and other demographic factors.

They found that someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer 1.04 domestic questions correctly compared to 1.22 for those who watched no news at all. Those watching only "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" answered 1.42 questions correctly and people who only listened to NPR or only watched Sunday morning political talk shows answered 1.51 questions correctly. 

Spoiler

Fairleigh Dickinson University

In terms of international news, people correctly answered an average of 1.8 of 4 questions.

With all else being equal, people who watched no news were expected to answer 1.28 correctly; those watching only Sunday morning shows figured at 1.52; those watching only "The Daily Show" figured at 1.60; and those just listening to NPR were expected to correctly answer 1.97 international questions.

Those watching only MSNBC were expected to correctly answer only 1.23 out of 4, while viewers of only Fox News figured at 1.08. The study noted that the effects of Fox News, MSNBC and talk radio depended on the ideology of the consumer.

“Ideological news sources, like Fox and MSNBC, are really just talking to one audience,” Political scientist and poll analyst Dan Cassino said in a press release. “This is solid evidence that if you’re not in that audience, you’re not going to get anything out of watching them.”

Thus, those who watched no news—answering questions by guessing or relying on existing knowledge—fared much better than those who watched the most popular 24-hour cable news network (i.e. Fox News).

Cassino concluded that "the most popular of the national media sources—Fox, CNN, MSNBC—seem to be the least informative."

It is a follow-up to a 2011 survey of 612 New Jerseyans that found, among other things, that those who watched Fox News were 18 points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their government than those who watch no news at all. 

Edited by Tom
  • Hook 'Em 2

Sarcasm noted, but you could actually benefit from watching The Daily Show or Samantha Bee and you might not sound like such a gullible nincompoop who believes Fox-fed conspiracies like Joe BIden was wearing a wire or that he fired a prosecutor to not investigate his son.

https://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5
STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All

Media outlets such as Fox News and MSNBC have a negative impact on people’s current events knowledge while NPR and Sunday morning political talk shows are the most informative sources of news, according to Fairleigh Dickinson University’s newest PublicMind survey.
Researchers asked 1,185 random nationwide respondents what news sources they had consumed in the past week and then asked them questions about events in the U.S. and abroad.
On average, people correctly answered 1.6 of 5 questions about domestic affairs. 
Because the aim of the study was to isolate the effects of each type of news source, they then controlled for variables such as other news sources, partisanship, education and other demographic factors.
They found that someone who watched only Fox News would be expected to answer 1.04 domestic questions correctly compared to 1.22 for those who watched no news at all. Those watching only "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" answered 1.42 questions correctly and people who only listened to NPR or only watched Sunday morning political talk shows answered 1.51 questions correctly. 
Spoiler

In terms of international news, people correctly answered an average of 1.8 of 4 questions.
With all else being equal, people who watched no news were expected to answer 1.28 correctly; those watching only Sunday morning shows figured at 1.52; those watching only "The Daily Show" figured at 1.60; and those just listening to NPR were expected to correctly answer 1.97 international questions.
Those watching only MSNBC were expected to correctly answer only 1.23 out of 4, while viewers of only Fox News figured at 1.08. The study noted that the effects of Fox News, MSNBC and talk radio depended on the ideology of the consumer.
“Ideological news sources, like Fox and MSNBC, are really just talking to one audience,” Political scientist and poll analyst Dan Cassino said in a press release. “This is solid evidence that if you’re not in that audience, you’re not going to get anything out of watching them.”

Thus, those who watched no news—answering questions by guessing or relying on existing knowledge—fared much better than those who watched the most popular 24-hour cable news network (i.e. Fox News).
Cassino concluded that "the most popular of the national media sources—Fox, CNN, MSNBC—seem to be the least informative."
It is a follow-up to a 2011 survey of 612 New Jerseyans that found, among other things, that those who watched Fox News were 18 points less likely to know that Egyptians overthrew their government than those who watch no news at all. 

Interesting post that the idiots will just dismiss as fake news because it doesn’t come from the Fox New propaganda network. People are morons.

Hey look at you all American Tom Cruise!!  I actually don't watch the news cause I can't stand it no matter the channel.  I just now us liberal thinkers who support Smoking Joe sound a lot like Smantha Bee Who is a genius, and the Daily Show which is more like real news get our information from there.  I mean Twitter is king and it's not fake at all.  I am off to post my views on Facebook cause Social Media is awesome and I love getting my information from these places cause they are so credible!!  Go go smoking Joe!!

22 hours ago, immamac said:

those posts are hidden, the point of that thread was to be funny and make fun of the debate as a new story not to talk about the content which is what the clearly political CR thread was about.

Can we just go ahead and name the Politics forum "Politics (No Politics)"?

• Haha 1

I’d say Kenobi was more of a deGaulle type.  He was against the fascists but preferred to live in exile/hiding rather than fight.  In the end though, the idea of Obi Wan DeGaulle was more powerful than the man himself.  

plus both men hated Brazil.  

3 hours ago, mycox said:

So now I have to go to the cloak room to read up on Trump getting COVID? Pretty dumb.

No, you just have to not refer to him as "Trump" or "President" and instead refer to him as "the former reality TV star", and while everybody will know who you are talking about, nobody on either side will be triggered.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

No, you just have to not refer to him as "Trump" or "President" and instead refer to him as "the former reality TV star", and while everybody will know who you are talking about, nobody on either side will be triggered.

I'm partial to "WWE Hall of Famer" myself

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

MY DECORUM!!!!!!!!!

lol

It’s a totally warped sense of reality where they didn’t mock HRC for her pneumonia, say she was on the verge of death (she’s still alive and kicking and looking better that the bloated whale carcass in the Oval Office) and cheer that she could die.  Just 4 years ago. 

15 hours ago, Js1 said:

It’s a totally warped sense of reality where they didn’t mock HRC for her pneumonia, say she was on the verge of death (she’s still alive and kicking and looking better that the bloated whale carcass in the Oval Office) and cheer that she could die.  Just 4 years ago. 

There is so much virtue signaling.

On 9/30/2020 at 8:32 AM, Moby Ric said:

My new nickname for Trump is Smoking Trump cause he was on fire last night.  So on point that he made Biden look like an idiot.  Was Biden even there?!  Tucker was right, we can all feel better today knowing that Trump can sit through a single debate without drooling.  He is truly ready to continue ruining this country.  Smoking Trump!!!!  Far right q-anon believere and proud boys candidates are going to be AWESOME!!  Can't wait to hear what Tucker and Hannity has to say.  Best news shows on TV, and definitely not biased chode licking.

Fixed to read like a post that definitely exists on Texags.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1