There is more Cloak Room in Daily Texan than there is in Cloak Room.

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

I admittedly sometimes troll to rile up the troops, but there’s a genuine hostility towards opposing viewpoints in CR that is larger than it is in Daily Texan. That should come as no surprise given that the Cancel Culture is a product of the left.  It’s pretty unhealthy and I’m not sure how it gets wound back. Electing Biden and Harris won’t change things. It won’t suddenly be safe for my relative that’s a professor at the University to express their conservative political ideas. It’s all messed up. 

It's free speech week at UT.  Grab a shirt.  

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Oh that is such the biggest load of horseshit.

Do you whine about cancel culture when you're boycotting the NFL/NBA/NASCAR/Nike/Wal-Mart/Netflix/Budweiser/Starbucks/Oreos? 

I don’t boycott things.

Everyone knows the Cancel Culture is a (mainly) one way street. See my family faculty example above. You’re being obtuse. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I don’t boycott things.

Everyone knows the Cancel Culture is a (mainly) one way street. See my family faculty example above. You’re being obtuse. 

Your one family anecdote is definitely indicative of an entire "culture" that only victimizes conservatives. 

If Cancel Culture is the left, then Perpetual Victimhood must be the right.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I don’t boycott things.

It might’ve started out that way (I think). Now it really is “both sides”, and you might be the obtuse one if you choose not to see that. The outrage around Kap kneeling for the anthem opened my eyes to how much the right truly cares about “free speech”. I know several conservatives protesting sports or whatever company for political stuff related to BLM.  Look at how much Brie Larson is hated for expressing her opinions. Star Wars was boycotted by many for having the audacity to try and have a diverse cast.

Edited by Helobious

Star Wars was boycotted by many for having the audacity to try and have a diverse cast.

Nobody boycotted Star Wars because of the cast diversity. It was panned by many because it sucked and had too much of an agenda. People want to watch movies about wars in space in galaxies far far away. They don’t want to be lectured as if they are watching a documentary. Oh, and it was “boycotted” to the tune of 1.8 billion dollars.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

lolercopters. Relieving shitheads who refuse to do their job is not cancel culture.

"Job" implies getting paid.

As opposed to paying tuition plus fees, plus sacrificing 12+ hours a week during football season just so a bunch of assholes like you can ignore their effort until there's a reason to focus your boomer angst on them

16 hours ago, Captainant said:

"Job" implies getting paid.

As opposed to paying tuition plus fees, plus sacrificing 12+ hours a week during football season just so a bunch of assholes like you can ignore their effort until there's a reason to focus your boomer angst on them

They joined an organization that they new ahead of time did not involve direct monetary compensation. Their main responsibility in that organization is to perform musical selections.

I'm 99% sure the stipulations they agreed to when joining the LHB organization didn't include language like "refusing to play certain musical selections is perfectly fine and you shouldn't expect any repercussions".

Again, not cancel culture.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

1/3rd of band members are on scholarship, I believe. For those members that don’t want to play, they should be kicked out of the band and those getting aid should have their scholarships revoked. It’s the opposite of cancel culture. It’s wanting the band to continue, and an effort to stop letting the inmates run the asylum. 

How much they practice and how much I ignore their effort is irrelevant. You can call it angst all you want (and I’d wager that at least half of those critical of the LHB aren’t boomers), but it’s divisive and will lead to unnecessary financial strain. You seem to look at it as an opportunity to jump on people you perceive to be political opponents. 

Do you have any shred of evidence or first-hand knowledge in support of this? Because when I was in LHB up through 2014 there definitely weren't that many significant scholarships available. There were definitely a few hundred-dollar scholarships out there from an alum funding their own named scholarship, but I wouldn't call someone getting five hundred bucks "on scholarship" lmao.

This has nothing to do with politics. I just don't like seeing an organization and legacy I was a part of and would hope (way in the future) for my kids to be in get shit on so much.

And it's not like they or their members I dunno, hospitalized, raped, or killed anyone like any of the greek life or other spirit orgs on UT's campus. Not sure why LHB is so fucking hated when all their members did was try to do a good thing in a fucked up year.

No accounting for taste, I guess.

Edited by Captainant

9 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Do you have any shred of evidence or first-hand knowledge in support of this? Because when I was in LHB up through 2014 there definitely weren't that many significant scholarships available. There were definitely a few hundred-dollar scholarships out there from an alum funding their own named scholarship, but I wouldn't call someone getting five hundred bucks "on scholarship" lmao.

This has nothing to do with politics. I just don't like seeing an organization and legacy I was a part of and would hope (way in the future) for my kids to be in get shit on so much.

And it's not like they or their members I dunno, hospitalized, raped, or killed anyone like any of the greek life or other spirit orgs on UT's campus. Not sure why LHB is so fucking hated when all their members did was try to do perceived good thing in a fucked up year.

No accounting for taste, I guess.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

But it’s fucking hilarious you think “all their members did was try to do a good thing...”

Look man, I love the Eyes. I would keep playing the Eyes were I in LHB still. My wife and I had the Eyes played at our wedding reception for chrissakes. But I'm not gonna shit all over those students for saying "fuck you, I won't do what you tell me" when they're far and wide ignored by their directors (obligatory fuck scott hanna and his shitty music in the stands).

And I don't think a bunch of chuds on the internet who didn't give a shit what LHB did before should start demanding shit of LHB now.

On 10/26/2020 at 9:12 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

Then don’t shit on them. But don’t be critical of those that are rightfully pissed.  It sounds like the director is listening to them now. Too much so. I don’t really blame them. I blame the administration and director for fucking this up. They need to be told to play the song, and given the opportunity to do so. If they refuse they ought to be kicked out. 

You need to eat a dick. You are not a UT alum nor were you ever even a student who took a class at our University. So you get no say and need to keep your bullshit TCU opinion or whatever fucked University you went to buried. The students decided to back each other up. That can't be fixed by anyone and it shouldn't be. That is what they should do, as this is their time....their time at our University. What needs to happen is a discussion that has yet to happen to my knowledge, where they find a compromise with these students over how the song becomes acceptable to play and sing. Maybe they change some words or maybe they change the tune.....i don't know. Bottom line is fuck everyone who thinks their opinions on this matters more than theirs, and that is especially true for fuckheads like you who have no connection to our University except by this message board.  

6 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

You need to eat a dick. You are not a UT alum nor were you ever even a student who took a class at our University. So you get no say and need to keep your bullshit TCU opinion or whatever fucked University you went to buried. The students decided to back each other up. That can't be fixed by anyone and it shouldn't be. That is what they should do, as this is their time....their time at our University. What needs to happen is a discussion that has yet to happen to my knowledge, where they find a compromise with these students over how the song becomes acceptable to play and sing. Maybe they change some words or maybe they change the tune.....i don't know. Bottom line is fuck everyone who thinks their opinions on this matters more than theirs, and that is especially true for fuckheads like you who have no connection to our University except by this message board.  

Um.  Beeper's undergraduate is from UT, I'm fairly certain.

On 8/12/2020 at 8:35 AM, RamjetFDO said:

Holy crap ... "Rex Kramer" posted that as a reply to her Tweet!!!!  I'm honestly surprised that it's lasted for 15 hours without being deleted!

fitlump_tweetresponse.thumb.jpg.75f8c73480393205116beb25f622d5b4.jpg

On 8/12/2020 at 12:29 PM, Orange&White said:

Still there!

Great work Rex Kramer. Come get your rep.

On 8/12/2020 at 12:47 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

Right here brotha

On 11/3/2020 at 12:36 PM, Lobo said:

Does that say "Attention Horsing" ?  I've been outta the game for awhile, what does that even mean? 

And now the attention horsing is in a runoff for an Austin City Council seat.

Fucking 2020 man.

At least she's not throwing rocks off of bridges, I guess?

The only thing left is to find out that Tom Herman has been posting here.

There is no fucking commentary at all on it and it's extremely conservative from a call. It's the biggest thing happening in America right now and 90% of the site traffic is the election thread. 

I can create you your own special little group that doesn't see it if you'd like? Anyone is welcome to join that group just post here to opt out.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

There is no fucking commentary at all on it and it's extremely conservative from a call. It's the biggest thing happening in America right now and 90% of the site traffic is the election thread. 

I can create you your own special little group that doesn't see it if you'd like? Anyone is welcome to join that group just post here to opt out.

If 90% of your traffic's about the election, it's time to think about a rebrand. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1