There is more Cloak Room in Daily Texan than there is in Cloak Room.

God damn. The usual “shut up and play” suspects are getting their feelings hurt really easy. Weird. That act like such tough guys. ALOT OF FUCKED UP SHIT IS HAPPENING IN OUR COUNTRY RIGHT NOW SO IF YOURE EASILY OFFENDED THIS ISNT THE SITE FOR YOU! I just can’t wrap my head around adults wanting high school and college football players to shut up and play with this nasty ass virus. They really want kids to die for football and the economy. Like holy shit did you usual snowflakes actually go to Texas? I fucking hope not 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

God damn. The usual “shut up and play” suspects are getting their feelings hurt really easy. Weird. That act like such tough guys. ALOT OF FUCKED UP SHIT IS HAPPENING IN OUR COUNTRY RIGHT NOW SO IF YOURE EASILY OFFENDED THIS ISNT THE SITE FOR YOU! I just can’t wrap my head around adults wanting high school and college football players to shut up and play with this nasty ass virus. They really want kids to die for football and the economy. Like holy shit did you usual snowflakes actually go to Texas? I fucking hope not 

I agree with the SHUT UP part of your post. 

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, Fletch said:

Yes, there are idiots (TexAgs) who think this is all an election-year hoax, or not any worse than the flu, and that the players should go all out and the stadium should be full.  Again, it's TexAgs.

But there are plenty of us who would like to see somewhat of a return to normalcy, and would like to see football, if they could do it in a safe manner.

The problem is, as a whole, they can't do it in a safe manner.  Scratch that, they won't do it in a safe manner.  Aggy wants to cram 50,000 people into Pyle Field, and we know plenty of them have Ye Olde Pre-Existing Conditions to start with, and that many of them are firmly against wearing masks.  We see high school football players partying it up, mixing with other high school students, etc. with the result that we see it spreading.   We see MLB unable to control it, even though they should be able to do a better job of social distancing, given how the sport is played.  We see the NBA, which, out of all pro sports, should be able to better isolate their players, since their rosters and staff are smaller than most pro sports, but they are opening up their "social bubbles" to family, friends, etc.  and that's on top of the problems with physical play.

Nobody wants anybody to die, we just want shit to get back to normal.  It's just we can't agree on simple fucking things that would enable that.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

The problem is, as a whole, they can't do it in a safe manner.  Scratch that, they won't do it in a safe manner.  Aggy wants to cram 50,000 people into Pyle Field, and we know plenty of them have Ye Olde Pre-Existing Conditions to start with, and that many of them are firmly against wearing masks.  

Nobody wants anybody to die, we just want shit to get back to normal.  It's just we can't agree on simple fucking things that would enable that.

Eh, if they want to kill and maim themselves let them go ahead.  I'll watch it on TV.  I only ask that my tax dollars and insurance premiums don't pay for any of the medical bills.  Because I'm not doing stupid shit that costs other people money.

2 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Eh, if they want to kill and maim themselves let them go ahead.  I'll watch it on TV.  I only ask that my tax dollars and insurance premiums don't pay for any of the medical bills.  Because I'm not doing stupid shit that costs other people money.

I’m pretty sure some of your tax dollars are going to bail out aggy.  Their stadium is probably still not paid off.  Gonna have to get some covid relief in there.   

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

The shooting execution happened Sunday, but I'm glad that news is finally getting around to reporting it today only after Fox News called the media out for their silence.  But better late than never I guess.

I'll admit - I didn't know about it until this morning and I watch the news daily.  My first thought was how was this not one of the leads on the network news?

nevermind, found the CR post

the topics migrating to the Football board thing, probably inevitable at the moment

the way people treat each other, though, holy fucking shit, if that's the way CR operates, fuck everyone who posts in it

and fuck anyone who's adopted that MO outside of it, too

Edited by SwanderedTalent

I mean,  @Js1 "let me be clear" as the great orator said, I'm talking about people who neg posts without engaging and whose response to a "why was that negged?" inquiry is NO FUCK YOU. 

That baffles me. Specifically, if you're bored, go back and look at the exchange between me and Doc Reeves. We didn't agree on whether we should play CFB if "one life" might be lost, but I thought we were respectful towards each other. And then someone neg bombs one of my responses to him. I am simply baffled by it. 

I also want to point out that after ChiTownDoc and I went back and forth, not so nicely, it ended with jokes back and forth. He probably still thinks I'm a dipshit and i stand by my criticisms of how he frames his posts, but he's not the one silently negging me when I disagree with him or say "his name is probably Tate Gooch" (yes, THAT JOKE got negged). 

It's just gay as shit. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

yeah, the ghost negs are bullshit.   Some shithead, most likely a sock, negs a post and never engages in the conversation.

Then you look at their profile and they have 25 posts on the board and don't contribute to shit.  Fuck those guys.

2 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

No, but when it's the only engagement you get from a poster you don't even recognize-- again, it's just confusing. Reply, @ the person, say something. 

it is definitely irritating. 

You should probably never venture out to reddit and post there.

I mean, that's a good strategy in general, but if getting negged by strangers bothers you, it's going to drive you crazy.

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

image.jpeg.a8d40a7911dd7bcbea5534d4ee289448.jpeg

A graduate of Texas A&M University, PC Principal loves nothing more than drinking beer, working out and that feeling you get when you rhetorically defend a marginalized community from systems of oppression. He is especially defensive of his idol - the brave, and stunning, Caitlyn Jenner.

Still the most famous aggy.

2 hours ago, slorch said:

yeah, the ghost negs are bullshit.   Some shithead, most likely a sock, negs a post and never engages in the conversation.

Then you look at their profile and they have 25 posts on the board and don't contribute to shit.  Fuck those guys.

3f92f405-108f-469e-a3cc-597370b9ac26_scr

3 hours ago, slorch said:

Neg it again you needledicked cocksuckers.  Buncha Philly comedy fans in here.

Edited by slorch

19 minutes ago, elfenix said:

gosh, no one's ever been negged by someone not engaged in the conversation before!  that's beyond the pale!

That's not the point.  Nobody's getting their feelings hurt.   It's just fucking stupid.

On the old site you could answer back and crush their ass.  Now a 25 post noob can go neg all your posts.

I guess it's a gay old time, though.   Neg away.  Let's get down tonight!

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yeah, this happens to everyone. Hit them back, or STFU about it. What just happened to slorch is cracking me up. Look at those user names. Whether he admits it or not that’ll make him apoplectic. Well done boys (dude). 

Untrue. It further illustrates the point.

There is no emotion for reputation.   Ya just kind of wonder why people think they're getting their rocks off on it.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Tell us again how you just don’t care. 

I care.  a little bit.   LOlz.    Please stop.  You're hurting me.  If only I had your acceptance...

Edited by slorch

4 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Slorch’d!

You're definitely the one whose approval I was seeking.

Thanks for the cheap rent.  lots of room in here...

Edited by slorch

18 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Hugo is a lot calmer than you are. 

It's funny what you THINK my reactions might be, versus reality.

You definitely seek out conflict, repeatedly post, and then say it's the other dude's M.O.

Eat a dick, have a coke and a smile.  Cheer up, motherfucker.  Thank God nothing gets by you...

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

The “your mom” type reactions cannot deflect from the fact that you’re Yosemite Sam mad right now. “Someone ghost negged me!  And now this motherfucker thinks he know how I’m internally reacting”

Well, I do. 

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yeah, this happens to everyone. Hit them back, or STFU about it. What just happened to slorch is cracking me up. Look at those user names. Whether he admits it or not that’ll make him apoplectic. Well done boys (dude). 

lmao. I was actually going to pos rep his post because I agreed with him, then I scrolled down some and saw the -13 or whatever and laughed out loud. I would neg rep to pile on but I don't neg rep (unless retaliatory) on principle. That cracked me up. 

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

lmao. I was actually going to pos rep his post because I agreed with him, then I scrolled down some and saw the -13 or whatever and laughed out loud. I would neg rep to pile on but I don't neg rep (unless retaliatory) on principle. That cracked me up. 

That post was a sock magnet.  It is indeed funny.

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

That post was a sock magnet.  It is indeed funny.

I'm particularly interested in this guy, and would like to subscribe to his newsletter: https://www.surlyhorns.com/board/index.php?/profile/5483-therealchuckwoolery/ . He has only done three things on Surly. Looking for some sort of opioid, talking getting blowjobs behind Steak & Shake, and negging your post. And his name is "The Real Chuck Woolery" with a profile pic of Pat Sajak. 😂

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I mean,  @Js1 "let me be clear" as the great orator said, I'm talking about people who neg posts without engaging and whose response to a "why was that negged?" inquiry is NO FUCK YOU. 

That baffles me. Specifically, if you're bored, go back and look at the exchange between me and Doc Reeves. We didn't agree on whether we should play CFB if "one life" might be lost, but I thought we were respectful towards each other. And then someone neg bombs one of my responses to him. I am simply baffled by it. 

I also want to point out that after ChiTownDoc and I went back and forth, not so nicely, it ended with jokes back and forth. He probably still thinks I'm a dipshit and i stand by my criticisms of how he frames his posts, but he's not the one silently negging me when I disagree with him or say "his name is probably Tate Gooch" (yes, THAT JOKE got negged). 

It's just gay as shit. 

Ha, I like some good back and forth.  I’m sure you’re a good dude and nothing here should get personal.  I cross the line but am happy to help get over shit with some good OU sucks jokes.  I do apologize to anyone out there who took shit I said personally.  Talking shit is a sport to me.  And when I do it here it helps me be much more tolerable in real life.  

8 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

The “your mom” type reactions cannot deflect from the fact that you’re Yosemite Sam mad right now. “Someone ghost negged me!  And now this motherfucker thinks he know how I’m internally reacting”

Well, I do. 

Must resist...

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You don’t love in my head. 

I love your mom’s head.  

<had to>

• Like 1