These 2 Hackberry Trees Won't Die.

Damn thing is growing out again. Took these pics today.

Last pic is of the Hack on the L, it seems to be more stunted.

Cleaning out the garage, I found some rando chemical designed for killing weeds in a driveway, sidewalk, fence lines, etc.

Think I am gonna use a spade / paddle bit, bore down with a larger hole & see how the fucker handles this stuff.0c5428beeee791db98783c464ea38c3c.jpg62c68f6e6704b18c74a621bd8b2a906a.jpgb42be02f3eb1bbba82f3ee1461e18ebb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

The leaves on some of mine are turning colors... I’d leave the foliage along and spray it with a brush killer.

On 7/13/2020 at 10:54 AM, orange dream said:

Did you ever address why you left several inches of the stump as opposed to cutting it off as close to the ground as possible?  Seems like cutting it as close to flush as possible and then drilling down to administer whatever poison you want would be more effective than what you have done. 

Yeah, what @Judge Roybeanbag said.  If I do decide to pull them, I want to get some purchase.

687073046403.jpg?size=pdhi

Please do report back; looks like it's for vines & smaller whatevers vs. something with more of a full tree type plant.

No new growth on the two big stumps.

The stuff also seems to be working on the smaller hackberry trees where I applied it with a foam brush on the leaves. The leaves are yellowing and some of the trees look to be in real rough shape.
  • Like 1