A life for a life: musical blood magic

Goredho

You have the power to resurrect one dead musical performer, but have to kill off another living performer of equivalent or higher fame to do so*.  Who do you choose?

I'm going to avoid some big names and bring back Shannon Hoon to hear where he and Blind Lemon were going...
3e77e8d69aab6b6414094c4c0e747afc.jpg

...and I'm going to kill off Kanye Fucking West because he's a fucking idiot and his music sucks.  Sorry, Kim, you're going to have to settle for basketball players.
0f3ea7b1f1f1ed89a8b1ef6be3130f68.png

* Offer details for the anally surly:  The resurrected never dies.  They resume their life and music career at the time of their death uninterrupted.  If they were on a path of self-destruction, they are cured of whatever demons were driving them that direction.  The selected-to-die perish at the moment of the resurrected's death.  If the selected to die was not born on that date, they are instead never born and have no music career.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not sure this meets your criteria, but it's close enough:  I would trade Jason Bonham for John Bonham every day of the week.

Eh, that's a pretty big imbalance in fame for the blood magic to work.  I think you'd wind up killing off Jason Bonham only to have Bonzo living out his years a drooling vegetable.

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Eh, that's a pretty big imbalance in fame for the blood magic to work.  I think you'd wind up killing off Jason Bonham only to have Bonzo living out his years a drooling vegetable.

Can I kill Wolfie Van Halen to give Eddie Van Halen another 30 years?

• Haha 1

Who would you off for Jimi Hendrix?  To be of rough equivalence, it has to be someone who can have an argument for being on guitar's Mt Rushmore.

I don't think I would trade Page and Zep's catalog, but I would probably off Clapton and Beck for a couple more decades of Jimi.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

I would just turn around and give Eddie Vedder for Anthony.  

I would have to trade you for some shitty high school band’s talentless frontman.

14 hours ago, noharleyyet said:

Bruce, Kanye, and Matthews plus a shit ton of bro-cuntrys for Duane and Greg....

How about we cram all of Lynyrd Skynyrd into that plane for a couple decades of the Allman Brothers “At Filmore East” lineup?

• Like 1

I’d bring back Jerry Garcia and kill off Justin Bieber.

For a bonus, I’d bring back Brent Mydland and kill off every single bro country singer. With Jerry and Brent back, it would have been awesome to see where the Grateful Dead could have gone with the same lineup for 20 years and I could get rid of all the bro country bullshit that is a plague upon the country’s ears.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 4:47 PM, jimmyjazz said:

Not sure this meets your criteria, but it's close enough:  I would trade Jason Bonham for John Bonham every day of the week.

So even if we could get this one approved via the rock legacy exchange rate this is still a pretty fucked up request.

"Hey Bonzo welcome back! Yeah we brought you back from the dead. All your old mates are still here, Pagey, Robert, JPJ, everybody except for...uh...your only son. We had to kill him to bring you back. In fact jimmyjazz is mutilating the body every day this week just to make sure the dark sorcery is permanent. Here are some sticks, care to play Fool In The Rain for us? Hey! Where you going? Bonzo! Bonzo?"

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, dimyh said:

So even if we could get this one approved via the rock legacy exchange rate this is still a pretty fucked up request.

"Hey Bonzo welcome back! Yeah we brought you back from the dead. All your old mates are still here, Pagey, Robert, JPJ, everybody except for...uh...your only son. We had to kill him to bring you back. In fact jimmyjazz is mutilating the body every day this week just to make sure the dark sorcery is permanent. Here are some sticks, care to play Fool In The Rain for us? Hey! Where you going? Bonzo! Bonzo?"

Like any of the other trades are less sinister?  I'll trade the greatest drummer in rock history for anyone.