Texas Runoff Election - starts 6/29

StassneyHorn

I’m going to sulk on the detail of why Beyoncé’s mom made a post about supporting Royce West on June 30, and never have a follow up or bump on Election Day, or have her daughter post about it in regards to their participation with “And I still vote.”

I liked Royce but voted for MJ.

It was nice to have a tough choice to make.

I ended up voting for MJ because I thought her personality and attitude gave us the best chance against Cornyn.  It made sense in my head.

I know it's a huge uphill battle at this point.  

I ended up voting for MJ because I thought her personality and attitude gave us the best chance against Cornyn.  It made sense in my head.

They are polling identically so I'm not sure that argument holds much weight. She's a proven fundraiser though.

Her margins in South Texas and EP are somewhat encouraging. You can make an argument that lack of engagement in South Texas was a mortal mistake for Beto. It wasn't Hegar country in the primary. But she really ran up the score in Corpus, the RGV, and El Paso, and that proved to be the difference. If she sees a turnout surge down there thay would go a long way.

Also lol at King County (1-1 tie) and Sterling County (no votes). West Texas coming in huge.

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Same. Hopefully Royce will do some campaign events with MJ in Dallas and Houston. 

MJ was pretty butt hurt about Royce’s “attacks,” which were just factual statements Cornyn will use. There needs to be a short cooling off period, if needed. I’m confident someone with military experience and someone with 20 years experience working in a minority party will get over it.

3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

Where is this personality and attitude you speak of? I watched the debates and got huge cunty "Karen" vibes from her. She seems a little thin-skinned. 

3 hours ago, gmr548 said:
Her margins in South Texas and EP are somewhat encouraging. You can make an argument that lack of engagement in South Texas was a mortal mistake for Beto. It wasn't Hegar country in the primary. But she really ran up the score in Corpus, the RGV, and El Paso, and that proved to be the difference. If she sees a turnout surge down there thay would go a long way.

Beto ran against a hispanic last name and Hegar was not.  It works both ways.