Beautiful Women Who Also Happen To Be Kickass Guitarists

CHIEF

1 hour ago, noharleyyet said:

Jess Greenberg

Ex-Goldman Sachs YouTuber gets job at top UK hedge fund ...

I think you’re looking for the “Beautiful women who also happen to be average guitarists“ thread.

Here’s one that checks both the beautiful and kickass boxes:

Edited by BrickHorn

I guess she doesn’t make the cut for some of you because of ones definition of beauty. But from a players point of view, it is Joni Mitchell, and then everyone else. Even the guys at Guitar player magazine, who spent years trying to define how she changed the instrument. Are still in awe of her talent. From a pure technical point of view, her playing, combined with her voice, she stands alone. 

18 hours ago, DaysOff said:
20 hours ago, CHIEF said:
I can't forget lovely Tatyana.
CHIEF

I hit play and realized I played that song 40 years ago. Took classical for years as a yute. Can't play shit now or read music.

Yeah, I still play it. It's a pretty simple song. Definitely on the easy spectrum for her.

CHIEF

https://youtu.be/GIZx3QxgFsI

No idea how this thread has gone so long without the sexy as hell Nita Strauss being mentioned.  She is one of the guitarists for Alice Cooper, a sometimes member of The Iron Maidens tribute band and a decedent of Johann Strauss.

Edited by Hairy Biped
Forgot to mention shit
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 4:57 PM, Scooter Monzingo said:

I guess she doesn’t make the cut for some of you because of ones definition of beauty. But from a players point of view, it is Joni Mitchell, and then everyone else. Even the guys at Guitar player magazine, who spent years trying to define how she changed the instrument. Are still in awe of her talent. From a pure technical point of view, her playing, combined with her voice, she stands alone. 

It's past time that we all come to the realization that Joni Mitchell outright blows.  She's one of those "artists" that everybody raves about, but nobody ever listens to because she sucks. 

5 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

It's past time that we all come to the realization that Joni Mitchell outright blows.  She's one of those "artists" that everybody raves about, but nobody ever listens to because she sucks. 

I thought of you as a more cerebral guy? Using “sucks” to describe a musician with a career of almost seven decades seems below you?

Mitchells work with Pat Metheny is some of the most beautiful guitar work I have ever heard. It is this wonderful combination of ease and difficulty working in tandem.

Not to mention that over the years I have spent a lot of time and effort attempting to master some of her techniques, they are however quite difficult. And I have been playing since 65. Go grab a copy of one of her songbooks and give it a try. 

On 6/30/2020 at 3:41 PM, tbone_ said:

She ain’t beautiful. But goddamn her voice and slide playing are.

Agree 100% with the last sentence, but speak for yourself as to her physical beauty.  I always felt an attraction to Bonnie.  Guess that's why they make Bruton and Garrett.

• 3 weeks later...