Cam Newton Signs 1 Year Deal with Patriots

Vic Mackey

Richard Sherman none too happy about Cam only guaranteed a million. I don't like to kick a guy when he's down so I'll root for him to hit a few of his incentives.  He just got married so he'll need the money. I heard him in an interview with his agent a month or 2 ago and he seemed like a decent guy. Talked about his charity and his wedding, came across as pretty genuine.

Fuck the Pats though.

Edited by CfRhTxStBobcats

17 hours ago, Fuck Tim Beck said:

Fuck the pats and fuck scam newton too 

No doubt.  Scam is the one who pulled back the veil on the cheating in the SEC and everyone seemed to just shrug their shoulders.  Fuck that piece of shit and his daddy too.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Random thoughts on Newton. 

Always hated that pretending to rip his shirt open like he's Superman thing. Course, I wasn't the audience for that. I'm one of the old guys who liked seeing Emmitt Smith score the touchdown and head back to the sidelines. 

Serious narcissist brought back down to earth by the realities of NFL football. 

Dude has a ton of talent and has been a great player. He could have been better if he'd kept his ego in check and been a team leader instead of a "look at me" guy.

If nothing changes, he'll forever be defined by that moment in the Super Bowl when he did that stutter step instead of jumping on the ball. 

His wardrobe choices are questionable. 

When Matt Rhule did the interview saying he'd love to have Newton play for him, I knew he was never going to take a snap from a Matt Rhule coached team. 

Belichick went from the ultimate team quarterback to the ultimate "me" quarterback. Newton did his best with the Patriots, but he's so different from Brady, it was a huge shift for a team that was already successful. It would be like going from Troy Aikman to Michael Vick. The entire offensive philosophy has to change to accommodate that different a quarterback. 

He didn't deserve the lip from that kid at his camp. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

Always hated that pretending to rip his shirt open like he's Superman thing. Course, I wasn't the audience for that. I'm one of the old guys who liked seeing Emmitt Smith score the touchdown and head back to the sidelines. 

Dude has a ton of talent and has been a great player. He could have been better if he'd kept his ego in check and been a team leader instead of a "look at me" guy.

If nothing changes, he'll forever be defined by that moment in the Super Bowl when he did that stutter step instead of jumping on the ball. 

When Matt Rhule did the interview saying he'd love to have Newton play for him, I knew he was never going to take a snap from a Matt Rhule coached team. 

Belichick went from the ultimate team quarterback to the ultimate "me" quarterback. Newton did his best with the Patriots, but he's so different from Brady, it was a huge shift for a team that was already successful. It would be like going from Troy Aikman to Michael Vick. The entire offensive philosophy has to change to accommodate that different a quarterback. 

Emmitt headed back to the sidelines? Was this after the NFL outlawed taking your helmet off after TDs "the Emmitt rule"?

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Richard Kimball said:

He has an MVP.

And you’ll always be known as Richard Kimball.  I’d rather dress up like aunt jemima, make millions, and fuck pussy.  But you be you, Richard.   

• Haha 4

Yeah, pretty asinine for me to comment on a football player on a football thread.

Especially when you’re just dead wrong with a dumbass take. Prime Cam was pretty fucking good. Had he won that super bowl he’d be the only qb to have a heisman, national championship, MVP, and super bowl victory. He didn’t finish it off, and his body eventually let him down, but he had a really good career. 

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Emmitt was the ultimate look at me after scoring TDs till they made him stop.

and he stopped all that shit talking by going to be the all time rushing leader....   when you are the best... you can talk shit.    when you are a 12 y.o. at a Cam camp and you talk shit to Cam... you deserve to be bitch slapped.

thats one of the problems in todays society, the "village" isnt allowed to smack a little shit that needs it... instead we sue everyone cause little jimmy got an open handed smack accross the mouth to teach him some fucking manners. 

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Especially when you’re just dead wrong with a dumbass take. Prime Cam was pretty fucking good. Had he won that super bowl he’d be the only qb to have a heisman, national championship, MVP, and super bowl victory. He didn’t finish it off, and his body eventually let him down, but he had a really good career. 

4 hours ago, Richard Kimball said:

Dude has a ton of talent and has been a great player.

Did you see this part of my post? 

• Like 1

My biggest criticism of Cam Newton is the fact that he took time out of his day to even acknowledge that little shit’s existence.

Cam Newton is a Heisman winner, national champion, and an MVP. His career still isn’t over. And when it does end, he’ll still be a millionaire.

That kid probably will not amount to 1/1000th of that, as a football player. Judging based on his act, maybe not in other facets of life either.

Edited by USNALonghorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

If Cam returns to the Patriots, they get some decent receivers, and use the offense to take advantage of his running skills, he could be successful with them. I didn't watch the Pats much this year, but the change from Brady, one of the best ever at reading defenses and throwing the receiver open, but has the mobility of a small office building, to Newton, who isn't nearly as good at reading defenses, but can force the defense to dedicate players to watch his running capability, probably takes more than one year. 

Contract size isn't an issue with Newton right now. He's looking for redemption after being released by the Panthers and the rough season last year with the Pats. I can't think of another team that's ready to contend for the playoffs where he would fit. 

Rivera is coaching Washington now, and spent ten years with Newton. Their QB roster may be a little crowded, though. 

15 hours ago, Richard Kimball said:

So do Lamar Jackson, Matt Ryan, Rich Gannon and Brian Sipe. 

What does that mean?  3 of those guys either had or are in the midst of very solid NFL careers.  Maybe not HOF material, but not a damn thing to be ashamed of with those first 3 names.