Cam Newton Signs 1 Year Deal with Patriots

Vic Mackey

I can't imagine they actually want him to start for them. This feels like a guy signing a contract to retire with the team he made his name with. Like "thanks for the SB appearance - Cam - here's 10M".

10 mil against the cap says no to that parade in to the sunset. League minimum for 24 hours would.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, markstanco said:

10 mil against the cap says no to that parade in to the sunset. League minimum for 24 hours would.

First - it is totally a parade into the sunset (minus actually winning anything). Second - it isn't 10 against the cap. Only about half is guaranteed. I will correct myself on that point as I was speaking loosely.

And he probably will play for the fan service. The money is Cam service as he isn't worth that. They know their season is fucked - they know Cam isn't the long term answer. Might as well milk some ticket and jersey sales and he can retire as a Panther. 

First - it is totally a parade into the sunset (minus actually winning anything). Second - it isn't 10 against the cap. Only about half is guaranteed. I will correct myself on that point as I was speaking loosely.
And he probably will play for the fan service. The money is Cam service as he isn't worth that. They know their season is fucked - they know Cam isn't the long term answer. Might as well milk some ticket and jersey sales and he can retire as a Panther. 

I don’t see them selling 10 mil of jerseys and tickets much less 40 or 50 to make it worth it. I see it as they want a savior and that is a huge reach.
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I don’t see them selling 10 mil of jerseys and tickets much less 40 or 50 to make it worth it. I see it as they want a savior and that is a huge reach.

Why would they need to make 50M from it? They will recoup 5M almost instantly and get a ton of fan buy-in by giving him more than the minimum. Just look at the fan reaction. 

don't even care, take my their money

And my money. Already bought muh tickets

I think this might be a move to put butts in seats as much (if not more) than it is for the on-field product

Worked on me. And if the pro shop stocks newton jerseys quick enough they might get me there too

Im just bitter about how Cam was treated during his release. He really deserves to be celebrated like other QBs that won MVPs. He’s literally the best quarterback we’ve ever had

I just think we need to do a better job treating our franchise players better(ie Steve and Cam)

I dont care if we get blown out by 40 pts. The year is a wash anyway. But on the 21st I will be in the same stadium with cam back in a panthers jersey, and Ron/Curtis on the opposite side too.

Idc idc idc idc. This is the only thing we could do this season to salvage any sort of happiness

Take my money tepper foundation, whatever.

See yall on the 21st

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

I feel like I get what he's trying to say. He phrased it poorly and as a result made an ass of himself. 

I don't think Cam is a bad guy. His life experiences have maybe made it difficult for him to express what he meant without making me and others cringe a few times. 

I feel like I get what he's trying to say. He phrased it poorly and as a result made an ass of himself. 
I don't think Cam is a bad guy. His life experiences have maybe made it difficult for him to express what he meant without making me and others cringe a few times. 

He may not be a bad guy, but he comes off as riding the short bus when he talks.

53 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Lulz, cam is such an idiot. He has the maturity of a teenage boy, the fashion sense of a 70 year old drag queen from fire island, and the intellect of a potted plant…

...and about $75,000,000...I'd take everything you just said for that amount.

• 1 year later...

What's the story there?

Best part is white shirt white guy comes running in full force, throws a sucker punch no one sees, hits flush, and it just bounces off like a hackey sack on a brick wall. Then immediately he transitions into playing peacekeeper. 

• Haha 1