Legal recourse for nuisance STR next door

On 7/1/2020 at 8:31 PM, HRSchenker said:

I gotta admit I chuckled when you mentioned your home's value. Everyone always says that owning a house is an investment, well sometimes you invest in Tesla and sometimes you invest in Enron. I would buy a speaker and play a song with sporadic bass. We used to do that to piss off the neighbors when they wouldn't take our noise complaints seriously. This is the perfect song, wish it was around when this happened. Be careful because it's loud

Thanks for this - I may add it to the toolchest of punishments for the boy. 

You know, usually people complain about the existence of barely-trained Sheriff's Auxiliary Deputies and similar, but this may be a great time to burn a weekend, sit through some powerpoint slides, and get a star on your car and one on your chest. You could get suited up and appear mid-party whenever you feel like it, taze a couple of Affluenza Chads, hell, if you really hate them, call your buddy, the real Sheriff, and tell him you saw a dog making furtive movements.

After they run an M113 into the house a couple of times, it'll be harder to rent out.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, NoName said:

depending on the size of the parties y'all have next door this may or may not be helpful:

https://gizmodo.com/2020s-reign-of-terror-continues-with-the-introduction-o-1844793236

https://news.airbnb.com/airbnb-announces-global-party-ban/

there may be some useful info here for you if you aren't using that hotline already (i think you said you had issues with them using both VRBO and AirBNB)

you may be able to use local provisions around gatherings to your benefit depending on what they are (not in Austin so not sure if this helps or not)

Capping at 16 people? Lulz. 

14 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Why don’t you just sit at the property line and beat off while people are next door?

Or take a lesson from dogs about marking territory. OP mentioned kids, have kids, wife, and OP all piss in a bucket. When bucket is half full (NOT all the way full, trust me on this) just dump it all at the fence line as near as possible to whatever part of the backyard the Rental Bros favor for their parties.

OOH OOH, and road kill is no longer something you just drive past. Scoop it up with a flat-head shovel and put it in one of those cardboard boxes from the hoarding thread. Then "bury" it in your own backyard near the fence in its above-ground cardboard crypt, maybe with air holes because how do you really know it won't miraculously revive? If it doesn't, the corpse flies will appreciate the ease of flying back and forth from the dead possum to any drinks or food left uncovered at the party house.

These two measures may inconvenience OP's enjoyment of his own backyard, but I feel confident that he is ready to call down artillery on his own position so long as it causes greater losses to the enemy.

Edited by RDCanecutter
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Well I got back home from the ranch and the fucker pulled the iron rod the surveyers set at the front pin of my lot. I may just have to get a lawyer out of principle. It certainly isn't cost effective over such a trivial deal, but I can just make them burn money for being cocksuckers. 

On 8/20/2020 at 2:02 AM, ROFL BOX said:

This shit right here... this fucking changes the entire fucking thread from the 1st post all the way to here.

'The hell, man... What.Thee.Hell.   ?

Yeah dude, WTF? Your midnight visits should be across the street beating on the owners door, not the renters who are gone in 2 days anyway

On 8/24/2020 at 6:33 PM, Ignatius said:

Yeah dude, WTF? Your midnight visits should be across the street beating on the owners door, not the renters who are gone in 2 days anyway

Clarification, the owners won't talk to me /answer the door. They are also retired and travel the country for over half the year. 

I actually talked to the owner yesterday before they left on another 6 month excusion. He swore they would vet the people better...

We have 25+ chad bros who have taken over our street and are turning it into a block party. I will have the fence up next week and after that all I can do is wait for the ban. The owners won't do shit. I already got into it with the renters over their trash they tossed on our yard and I don't want my truck fucked up by drunk assholes so I went inside.

23 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Clarification, the owners won't talk to me /answer the door. They are also retired and travel the country for over half the year. 

I actually talked to the owner yesterday before they left on another 6 month excusion.

So the question is not IF you should convince the Chad bros that they are supposed to be across the street at the owner's house, it is HOW do you do it.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

it is HOW do you do it.

1st, You get this delivered to an address fitty+ miles away from you.
Then, you put a real estate lock box on the door.
Next up, swap the address #'s ... 100 goes to 101, 101 goes to 100.

The rest is up to you.

image.jpeg.c2c9e315735931c663f012aee5b3be79.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/23/2020 at 5:26 PM, HOOKEM4 said:

Well I got back home from the ranch and the fucker pulled the iron rod the surveyers set at the front pin of my lot. I may just have to get a lawyer out of principle. It certainly isn't cost effective over such a trivial deal, but I can just make them burn money for being cocksuckers. 

Put in another one and run some current to it. A hidden camera would be a good idea too

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe just have a talk with the landlord? "You're tenants are loud and unneighbory. I've talked to them. Folks are calling the cops on them. Would you please also have a talk with them?"

Most people are good people. I bet the landlord will straighten them up pronto. Don't gotta go sue them right away, Karen.

• Fuck You 3

45 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Maybe just have a talk with the landlord? "You're tenants are loud and unneighbory. I've talked to them. Folks are calling the cops on them. Would you please also have a talk with them?"

Most people are good people. I bet the landlord will straighten them up pronto. Don't gotta go sue them right away, Karen.

Page two of this thread is going to blow your mind. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, Parliament said:

This is the Surl. That's not how we do things

On 9/1/2020 at 8:41 PM, Parliament said:

There's a Nextdoor or neigborhood FB page somewhere missing it's helpful, voice of reason neighbor, who fails to read the entire post before providing their opinion.

• Like 2

You’re wrong. People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got the survey shit sorted with him. Fence posts are installed. I will have the fence done this weekend. Fence building was slowed by ranch work, me being lazy waiting to bring tractor/auger home and the rain. Ole boy came home today from his latest 2 week journey and flagged me down tonight. He tried to convince me that the fence wasn't needed. This was after 4 straight days of drunken 18 yr olds occupying his rental after he told me he was changing how he monitors the renters. We just ignored it and dealt with it. Thankfully some new renters are here that are quiet. No lawyers. Just fences, hoa changes and other neighbors working to pressure as well. Fuck strs.

On 9/1/2020 at 8:41 PM, Parliament said:

Also, typical tosu worthless dumbass. Thanks for the advice fucktard. Post less.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/9/2020 at 2:07 PM, Jerry Callo said:

There's a Nextdoor or neigborhood FB page somewhere missing it's helpful, voice of reason neighbor, who fails to read the entire post before providing their opinion.

Matched with your avatar, I cannot read that using Pesci's voice.  But the image does work.

On 9/10/2020 at 8:19 PM, HOOKEM4 said:

I got the survey shit sorted with him. Fence posts are installed. I will have the fence done this weekend. Fence building was slowed by ranch work, me being lazy waiting to bring tractor/auger home and the rain. Ole boy came home today from his latest 2 week journey and flagged me down tonight. He tried to convince me that the fence wasn't needed. This was after 4 straight days of drunken 18 yr olds occupying his rental after he told me he was changing how he monitors the renters. We just ignored it and dealt with it. Thankfully some new renters are here that are quiet. No lawyers. Just fences, hoa changes and other neighbors working to pressure as well. Fuck strs.

This is where I would have lost my shit, and gotten in his face.

I own a STR on a lake and was real worried about this happening with one neighbor. However, I’ve been renting for about 15 months and have had probably 50-60 guests and only one issue.  A group of supposedly 6 turned out to be more like 40. It was probably 7-8 families with about 20 kids...and 19 vehicles in the driveway/street. There were people sleeping in tents and in their cars (the house is only a 3/2).  The neighbor didn’t call me until Sunday morning when they were checking out. I told him he should have called the cops (a couple cussed his out when he asked them to move their vehicles so he could get out of his driveway). 
I have a 10 guest limit, charge extra after 7 guests and specifically state no parties with quiet hours from 9 to 9. We’ve been real lucky. Sounds like your neighbor is marketing his place like bachelor party central. 

My asshole neighbor just lit up his fireplace again!  It's 76 and beautiful outside.  So nice that I had all my windows opened.  Not now.

He's burning pressure treated pine from his dismantled back deck.  Against the law to burn this stuff "outside"  I called Travis county and they didn't know what to do if it was burned "inside".

1 hour ago, Horn_Spanker said:

My asshole neighbor just lit up his fireplace again!  It's 76 and beautiful outside.  So nice that I had all my windows opened.  Not now.

He's burning pressure treated pine from his dismantled back deck.  Against the law to burn this stuff "outside"  I called Travis county and they didn't know what to do if it was burned "inside".

Weld his chimney shut. 

On 9/22/2020 at 3:51 PM, Horn_Spanker said:

Sounds like a great opportunity to call the Fire Department and mention that they may need to bring a hazmat team. Burning that stuff indoors or out is a big no-no.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 11:05 PM, EZ$ said:

I own a STR on a lake and was real worried about this happening with one neighbor. However, I’ve been renting for about 15 months and have had probably 50-60 guests and only one issue.  A group of supposedly 6 turned out to be more like 40. It was probably 7-8 families with about 20 kids...and 19 vehicles in the driveway/street. There were people sleeping in tents and in their cars (the house is only a 3/2).  The neighbor didn’t call me until Sunday morning when they were checking out. I told him he should have called the cops (a couple cussed his out when he asked them to move their vehicles so he could get out of his driveway). 
I have a 10 guest limit, charge extra after 7 guests and specifically state no parties with quiet hours from 9 to 9. We’ve been real lucky. Sounds like your neighbor is marketing his place like bachelor party central. 

well you should have known better than to rent to this guy

E574433E-D46C-4F90-B0C8-07B77B947FD2.thu

• Haha 2