Outcry: Showtime doc on Greg Kelley

GhostOfTomJoad

I don't think I can watch this. 

There's a show on Showtime or Starz, the name of which I can't remember, that is about exonerating the innocent.

It's infuriating, but it focuses mostly on the efforts of the investigators and lawyers to free people and less so on the events and actions that led to their wrongful conviction, so it's tolerable, if just barely.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Just finished the series. I hope some of the lawyers on here watch it & have a chance to chime in. As a Cedar Park resident, I followed this case fairly closely over the years. But to have revealed the various levels of incompetence & borderline corruption from the Cedar Park PD to the Williamson County DA and beyond is just mind numbing. It played like an all-star team of self-serving, career opportunists looking for their next gig. In the cases of the inept defense attorney Patricia Cummings and former Wilco assistant DA Geoffrey Pruyear it certainly worked to their advantage.

But in the end detective Christopher Dailey wins the big prize. Somehow the idiot is still on active duty at CPPD. And us citizens are likely going to be footing the bill for the lawsuit Kelley brought against Dailey and Mannix. Dailey actually gave the answer in Kelley's writ hearing that the purpose of a police investigation was to "present a case that can be prosecuted." What a hero.

37 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Just finished the series. I hope some of the lawyers on here watch it & have a chance to chime in. As a Cedar Park resident, I followed this case fairly closely over the years. But to have revealed the various levels of incompetence & borderline corruption from the Cedar Park PD to the Williamson County DA and beyond is just mind numbing. It played like an all-star team of self-serving, career opportunists looking for their next gig. In the cases of the inept defense attorney Patricia Cummings and former Wilco assistant DA Geoffrey Pruyear it certainly worked to their advantage.

But in the end detective Christopher Dailey wins the big prize. Somehow the idiot is still on active duty at CPPD. And us citizens are likely going to be footing the bill for the lawsuit Kelley brought against Dailey and Mannix. Dailey actually gave the answer in Kelley's writ hearing that the purpose of a police investigation was to "present a case that can be prosecuted." What a hero.

Anyone in the world can be outraged.  This is your community.  You have a responsibility.  Not with words, but action.

• Like 2

You're right. And we will. Mayor Corbin Van Arsdale and the CP city council will be contacted. I admit that we don't go to as many council meetings as we should (usually attend meetings regarding park/green space development) but that has to change.