Vanessa Guillen

tx 3 putt

7 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

multiple heads need to roll 

One already has:

WASHINGTON, D.C. (KXAN) — A suspect in the disappearance of soldier Vanessa Guillen killed himself early Wednesday morning after fleeing Fort Hood, the base said.

In a press conference Wednesday, Guillen’s family said that unidentified human remains found in Bell County on Tuesday are believed to be the missing 20-year-old soldier.

“We believe that her remains were found. We believe the suspect killed himself in the morning,” said Natalie Khawam, the attorney representing the Guillen family.

“That unfortunately doesn’t provide us with much information about how this happened, why this happened, why a beautiful young soldier is not with us today.”

Fort Hood confirmed Wednesday that the man who died was a military suspect.

https://www.kxan.com/news/national-news/family-of-missing-fort-hood-soldier-vanessa-guillen-hold-press-conference-with-attorney/

3 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Is that really the story? I haven't paid a lot of attention to this story. 

Well the facts as of now are she filed a sexual harassment report, went missing , and was just found dead (buried). Not sure if the harassment or murder are yet factual, or are just the most likely pieces of the puzzle. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Is that really the story? I haven't paid a lot of attention to this story. 

I was under the impression it was more than that. In fact I just heard about the guy walking in on her shower, the original story I'd heard was she told her mom about harassment (and/or sexual assault) from another superior. 

This is an incredibly fucked up story, and an incredible way for a soldier's country to fail them. 

1 hour ago, Wally Pryor said:

One already has:

WASHINGTON, D.C. (KXAN) — A suspect in the disappearance of soldier Vanessa Guillen killed himself early Wednesday morning after fleeing Fort Hood, the base said.

In a press conference Wednesday, Guillen’s family said that unidentified human remains found in Bell County on Tuesday are believed to be the missing 20-year-old soldier.

“We believe that her remains were found. We believe the suspect killed himself in the morning,” said Natalie Khawam, the attorney representing the Guillen family.

“That unfortunately doesn’t provide us with much information about how this happened, why this happened, why a beautiful young soldier is not with us today.”

Fort Hood confirmed Wednesday that the man who died was a military suspect.

https://www.kxan.com/news/national-news/family-of-missing-fort-hood-soldier-vanessa-guillen-hold-press-conference-with-attorney/

Ya know, if it had been a guy that died, I don't think we would see a statement that "a handsome young soldier is not with us today" or any other descriptor focused on the quality of his looks. 

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Ya know, if it had been a guy that died, I don't think we would see a statement that "a handsome young soldier is not with us today" or any other descriptor focused on the quality of his looks. 

Eh in this instance it sounds like it's a statement from the family through their attorney. 

21 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

oh for fucks sake

2 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Eh in this instance it sounds like it's a statement from the family through their attorney. 

Just now, NorthLoop said:

oh for fucks sake

I don't know that I am critical of the statement. I just find it interesting. 

This is just an awful story. I work in Killeen so have been following it. And as it turns out I live less than 2 miles from where the body was found. 

Saw all the searchers and LE and dogs and stuff on June 22. Figured that was who they were looking for. It's astounding they missed the site 

the first time. So close to the highway. Just awful. The landowner just within the last 3 weeks had a fence put up. I suspect he or a worker were out checking on

it or finishing up and came across it. 

Can't imagine what that family is going through. And I read earlier that the Army didn't even call the family

yesterday when remains were found. The head of Equasearch (sp) called them. 

So of course no you can't trust the Army. 

Since the OP is slow in the head

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2020/07/01/vanessa-guillen-remains/

The family of missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillén said Wednesday that her remains were likely found in a shallow grave near the Army installation in Texas, possibly bringing a months-long search for her to a tragic end.

Guillén, 20, was last seen on the morning of April 22 in the parking lot outside her regiment headquarters on the sprawling base outside Killeen.

Vanessa Guillén. (Army Criminal Investigative Division)

Her disappearance, punctuated by allegations that she had been sexually harassed by a superior, sparked sadness and rage within her family and the Latino community, who said the Army’s investigative efforts after her disappearance moved too slowly.

“We lost a beautiful young soldier,” family attorney Natalie Khawam said at a news conference with Guillén’s family outside the Navy Memorial in Washington.

Killeen police encountered a suspect tied to Guillén’s disappearance early Wednesday. The fellow soldier “reportedly displayed a weapon and took his own life,” Army investigators said.

Guillén’s sisters Lupe and Mayra blasted Army leaders over Guillén’s death and the subsequent investigation. Sweat poured from Lupe Guillén’s face from behind a mask as she demanded inquires. She pulled the mask off, and her furious voice echoed across the marble ground.

“They didn’t keep my sister safe,” she said. “How can this happen at a military base?”

Mayra Guillén recounted a close encounter with the suspect during a visit to Fort Hood the day after her sister vanished.

“I met him not knowing he had something to do with it,” she said.

The family was flanked by U.S. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii). Gabbard and the family called for a congressional response and legislation that better protects service members facing sexual harassment and assault.

Gabbard, an officer in the Army National Guard, said she understands the importance of chain of command in resolving issues. “I also know the fear Vanessa must have felt” in seeking help, Gabbard said.

Army investigators found partial human remains near the Leon River, east of Fort Hood, said Chris Grey, a spokesman for the Army’s Criminal Investigation Command, the service’s equivalent of the FBI. The command has not confirmed that the remains found were Guillén’s, he said in a statement.

But evidence, including witness accounts and material recovered from the scene, made searchers “99.9 percent sure” that the remains were those of Guillén, said Tim Miller, director and founder of Texas EquuSearch, a nonprofit that assists in missing-person searches.

The remains were found a few feet from a pile of a burn mound that was searched June 20, Miller told The Washington Post on Wednesday.

Texas Rangers, detectives and cadaver dogs had not discovered the body until a return to the scene, he said.

“We were standing on top of her little body,” Miller said. Concrete had been poured over the remains, and subsequent rainstorms allowed the grave to settle into natural-looking terrain. Miller’s organization has recovered nearly 240 sets of human remains in two decades, he said, but the level of sophistication at the site was unprecedented.

“I never have seen anything like it,” he said.

Witness accounts helped lead to a breakthrough, he said. A man was seen struggling with a heavy-duty Pelican transport case in a car some time after Guillén’s disappearance, Miller said. A lid of a similar case was scorched but recovered at the burn site, he said.

On Tuesday, men building a fence near the site noticed a foul smell and walked over to investigate. They saw hair protruding from the ground, Miller said. He speculated some partial remains may have been dug up by animals.

The search was called off after the discovery, he said.

Guillén had complained to friends and family about being sexually harassed by a sergeant, according to her family and Khawam, but there is no record of any formal complaint. The Army said last week that the allegations did not produce viable leads.

Her family reported her missing hours after last communicating with her, and friends could not find her on the base. The family pressed the Army and federal lawmakers to pay attention to the case, enlisting the help of Rep. Sylvia Garcia (D-Tex.) and a Latino civil rights organization. Salma Hayek and other celebrities amplified the story.

“If they find my daughter dead, I will shut down this base,” her mother, Gloria Guillén, said during a news conference at Fort Hood last week.

Investigators found her car keys, barracks room key, Army identification card and wallet at the armory where she had worked the day before she disappeared. Several agencies, including more than 500 soldiers, used drones, helicopters and dogs to comb in and around Fort Hood, one of the biggest military bases in the country.

Army investigators confirmed Wednesday that another suspect has been arrested in the Guillén investigation — the estranged wife of a former Fort Hood soldier. She is being held at the Bell County Jail.

The Army did not release the names of either suspect.

Miller, who started EquuSearch years after his own daughter was abducted and killed, said his worst fears never materialized. Searchers worried that Guillén may have been set adrift in the Leon River, where the rushing waters would have carried her away.

“I think this is the best outcome there could have been,” he said. “I was worried Vanessa was going to be one of them that was never found.”

The army seems like a well run, safe place for women. I happily wait for the "it's the women's fault for joining the army. What did they think would happen around all those dudes?" crowd to show up.

Here's woman who beat herself up and then shot herself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_LaVena_Johnson

Summary of other women who died not in combat.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2008/04/28/there-army-cover-rape-and-murder-women-soldiers

• Like 5

As a veteran I hang out in a bunch of different veteran groups and sites, so we've been following this pretty close. Something fishy has been going on at Ft Hood for a while. Since the massive sex trafficking ring was broken up there a couple months ago, there have been about 5-6 other deaths, some unsolved still, to include PFC Wendel's death whose body was found while they were out searching for Guillen's body.

Edited by MillerEP

30 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

As a veteran I hang out in a bunch of different veteran groups and sites, so we've been following this pretty close. Something fishy has been going on at Ft Hood for a while. Since the massive sex trafficking ring was broken up there a couple months ago, there have been about 5-6 other deaths, some unsolved still, to include PFC Wendel's death whose body was found while they were out searching for Guillen's body.

this is disturbing.

especially the bolded part...umm, what? 😳 they were searching for one body and found a second one??

Just now, crash_davis said:

I don't know jack shit about the military. Not sure how much of this thread is true but lulz if it is. Ft Hood sounds like a wonderful place to be. Aren't most cops now former military? I'm beginning to see the problem.

That's old^ but looks like it was true. They busted a big ring a few months back:

https://www.kcentv.com/article/news/local/6-fort-hood-soldiers-14-total-arrested-in-prostitution-sting/500-50536a9e-d39c-4274-8578-206e65d634b3

57 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

The army seems like a well run, safe place for women. I happily wait for the "it's the women's fault for joining the army. What did they think would happen around all those dudes?" crowd to show up.

Here's woman who beat herself up and then shot herself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_LaVena_Johnson

Summary of other women who died not in combat.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2008/04/28/there-army-cover-rape-and-murder-women-soldiers

I visited a bar in Newport News about 10 years ago with several friends. Girl walks in with three young dudes, obviously military. She’s hot, like immediately turned every head in the room, hot. She proceeds to sit down directly across from me at the bar height table which extends the length of the room. Keep in mind, it’s Saturday, in the fall, and the Longhorns are playing. I’m there to watch the game and now I have this huge distraction sitting between me and the TVs. Actually, I think it was the Texas/OU game, making it even worse.

She immediately starts chatting with me and the guys with her, realizing they’re deep in the friend zone, eventually make their way to the pool tables. Come to find out, she’s on her first liberty pass since reporting to boot camp. She’s ranting about the sexual assault prevention training she’s been inundated with, basically mocking everyone of her instructors for teaching that, “every male in the Army would want to rape her.”

A few beers in, she’s noticeably getting hammered. At some point during the conversation she swipes my phone and texts herself without me realizing it. I’m struggling to stay focused on the game with her tits resting on the table, realizing I’m missing some key plays. All of a sudden she says, “You have no idea I’ve been hitting on you for the past hour, do you?”

I try dodging the conversation but she keeps pushing, eventually telling her friends to leave her there because I’m taking her back to her hotel room. They’re hesitant for obvious reasons, one being me telling them I’m not taking her anywhere. My friends are trying to leave me, thinking I’m going to go for it. I’m begging them to stay because I need all the support I can get not to haul this drunk girl back to her room and give her what she’s begging for. I depart, telling her that if she sobers up and still wants to hang out the following day, give me a call. It’s at this point I realize she already has my number. She calls me later that night, still wanting me to come over, and again I decline.

Like clockwork, the next day she calls regretful and apologetic for her behavior, thanking me for not “taking advantage of her.” I tell her she needs to be more careful and the conversation ends. Months later she contacts me to let me know one of her instructors was at the bar, saw her drinking, (which she wasn’t supposed to be doing) she had been busted down a paygrade, and confined to base for a couple months as a result.

There are some horrible stories out there about the military’s treatment of women.

TLDR; There are also some women out there who put themselves in terrible situations.

Edited by Casual Encounter
I know, username didn’t check out.
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Username does not fit 

Did you ignore my edit? I anticipated this backlash.

Seriously, I won’t hook up with someone who’s drunk, not my thing for many reasons. When I was young, it was a green light. Then it changed from yellow to red. I have better methods of loosening them up now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Seriously, I won’t hook up with someone who’s drunk, not my thing for many reasons. When I was young, it was a green light. Then it changed from yellow to red. I have better methods of loosening them up now.

Obligatory, bro

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

I was wondering.  This is like number 5 or 6 in the last few months.

1 hour ago, MillerEP said:

you have to wonder how high up all this goes ?

Fort Hood has always been like this.  I grew up in Bell County where Fort Hood incidents were always in the news.  Once my day was on the Bell County grand jury, and he would leave all the paperwork on the kitchen table.  Of course I went through it and Temple would have about a dozen cases, Belton, six or eight cases, but Killeen would have three to four pages of cases. 

Think about what type of person is a private in the Army during peace time.  Kids who have fucked up somehow and the military is the last resort.  First time away from home kids.

• Like 1

And that man's name was Bill Cosby.
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Roofies?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
38 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Read more  

And that man's name was Bill Cosby.

Fuck you.

4 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Roofies?

Aaannnd fuck you.

1 hour ago, Casual Encounter said:

I visited a bar in Newport News about 10 years ago with several friends. Girl walks in with three young dudes, obviously military. She’s hot, like immediately turned every head in the room, hot. She proceeds to sit down directly across from me at the bar height table which extends the length of the room. Keep in mind, it’s Saturday, in the fall, and the Longhorns are playing. I’m there to watch the game and now I have this huge distraction sitting between me and the TVs. Actually, I think it was the Texas/OU game, making it even worse.

She immediately starts chatting with me and the guys with her, realizing they’re deep in the friend zone, eventually make their way to the pool tables. Come to find out, she’s on her first liberty pass since reporting to boot camp. She’s ranting about the sexual assault prevention training she’s been inundated with, basically mocking everyone of her instructors for teaching that, “every male in the Army would want to rape her.”

A few beers in, she’s noticeably getting hammered. At some point during the conversation she swipes my phone and texts herself without me realizing it. I’m struggling to stay focused on the game with her tits resting on the table, realizing I’m missing some key plays. All of a sudden she says, “You have no idea I’ve been hitting on you for the past hour, do you?”

I try dodging the conversation but she keeps pushing, eventually telling her friends to leave her there because I’m taking her back to her hotel room. They’re hesitant for obvious reasons, one being me telling them I’m not taking her anywhere. My friends are trying to leave me, thinking I’m going to go for it. I’m begging them to stay because I need all the support I can get not to haul this drunk girl back to her room and give her what she’s begging for. I depart, telling her that if she sobers up and still wants to hang out the following day, give me a call. It’s at this point I realize she already has my number. She calls me later that night, still wanting me to come over, and again I decline.

Like clockwork, the next day she calls regretful and apologetic for her behavior, thanking me for not “taking advantage of her.” I tell her she needs to be more careful and the conversation ends. Months later she contacts me to let me know one of her instructors was at the bar, saw her drinking, (which she wasn’t supposed to be doing) she had been busted down a paygrade, and confined to base for a couple months as a result.

There are some horrible stories out there about the military’s treatment of women.

TLDR; There are also some women out there who put themselves in terrible situations.

This reads like a Justin Weiss Smith Facebook post.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1