Socially Distanced Eats

texasdago

I posted this on the Date Night thread, and it's a bit out of your way, but Tillery on east Cesar Chavez was a safe and enjoyable experience.  Plenty of outdoor seating with tables very well spaced.  Each table also has a staging table right next to it, where staff (all in mask) deliver and retrieve plates to create even further separation from patrons.  Really nice view on the Colorado with the Oracle campus in the background.  The menu is good but more limited than standard fare, as is the case with a lot of restaurants.  I went in early June for bunch when the weather was quite pleasant, so I'd expect to sweat some from now through the rest of the summer.  I recall they had a few fans so that may help. 

its not the fanciest place, but the Grove on Bee Caves @ 360 has a big patio and they have done a good job of keeping the tables very well spaced out; everyone wearing masks, being very diligent about cleaning and wiping everything down, one use menus, etc. 

other pluses are (1) very few to no milleneals; and (2) decent amount of MILF on any given night 

1 hour ago, Jack Straw said:

its not the fanciest place, but the Grove on Bee Caves @ 360 has a big patio and they have done a good job of keeping the tables very well spaced out; everyone wearing masks, being very diligent about cleaning and wiping everything down, one use menus, etc. 

other pluses are (1) very few to no milleneals; and (2) decent amount of MILF on any given night 

Positive rep for mentioning the milves.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 11:45 AM, texasdago said:

We went out to Kingsland this weekend and stopped at Angel's b/w Spicewood and Bee Caves... yeah, way out there but lots of socially distanced outside seating.

IIRC, they had to shut down a few times due to a COVID infection in their kitchen. 

Thoughts and prayers. 

11 hours ago, Anastasis said:

IIRC, they had to shut down a few times due to a COVID infection in their kitchen. 

Thoughts and prayers. 

They are now saying that they're going to be changing their concept and are reopening in September.  We'll see.

Proof and Cooper did the trick last weekend.

Wanting to take my mom to dinner tomorrow for her birthday. What are some good options for stuff that will be open in Austin? I have only been back here a month and haven't been out a lot. Preferably north of the river.

48 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Wanting to take my mom to dinner tomorrow for her birthday. What are some good options for stuff that will be open in Austin? I have only been back here a month and haven't been out a lot. Preferably north of the river.

Fixe

16 hours ago, ztejas said:

Can you narrow it down a bit?  Cuisine?  Price?  Atmosphere?