I declare Bankruptcy!

My brother finds himself on the losing end of a civil suit that he and a group have been fighting for many years. Has something to do with oil well ownership. Bottom line is he thinks his company will need to declare bankruptcy over the settlement. Anybody have any suggestions who he should be looking to contact for some solid info. PM myself if you have any leads. Thanks. - Donny

Wife practiced bankruptcy (consumer, business, debtor and creditor, 7s, 11s, and 13s) for nearly 20 years.  If El Fenix isn't nearby, PM me.  She has shifted her practice recently, but I can probably ask some basic questions for you though.

Edited by dcbc

Honestly, his defense firm should be able to hook him up with bankruptcy counsel.  Now, maybe his defense firm is on the shitlist after having lost, but, apart from that, even if the firm doesn't practice bankruptcy, they should be able to give some advice and point him in a good direction.

Most law firms that defend civil cases know a bit about bankruptcy.