blacklab moves bama chick thread part 2

10 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:
Probably. But her post on the moderators being amoral pieces of shit still irritates me. 

And the fact that those moderators moved my post, misrepresented it as me starting a thread with it, and titled said thread with something inflammatory that I didn’t write still irritates me.

And I stand by my opinion that the double standards the mods have on political posts on the DT board is hypocritical bullshittery that they keep doing because the conservatives on this site have run away from the CR because they cannot defend anything current day conservatives stand for so they use the DT as their safe space to dog whistle.

Please tell everyone with a straight face that the threads on the coronavirus on the DT aren’t chock full of conspiracy theory nonsense and regurgitated Fox News Trumper talking points.

They look the other way on their political posts because they don’t want to be bothered.

The mods are able to defend themselves but I’m sure they appreciate you defending their honor. They run a good site for the most part but they have taken the lazy path of least resistance in this instance.

ATTENTION EVERYONE! THIS POST WAS MOVED BY BLACKLAB!

BAMA CHICK DID NOT START THIS THREAD

• Like 5
  • Fuck You 2

That’s literally a verbatim quote of your post. And they pull posts to start new threads often, in just that same way, on posts that aren’t political. 

Nah, because it misrepresented my intent.

I wrote a post in a thread on the political board venting about the way politics is handled on this site in response to a moderators post in a thread.

Taking an individual post made in response to a mod and making it seem as if I went out of my way to start a thread about it with no context is shitty.

I don’t start threads and I certainly wouldn’t start a thread criticizing the mods out of the blue. That’s rude and I liken it to taking a shit on someone’s floor when you’re a guest in their home.

I got a bunch of super hateful private messages and a mass of downvotes because of the way my post was represented.

Multiple posters on this board have made similar comments about the way the mods have handled this situation not just me.

It was a complete bullshit bitch move.
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

28 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And the fact that those moderators moved my post, misrepresented it as me starting a thread with it, and titled said thread with something inflammatory that I didn’t write still irritates me.

And I stand by my opinion that the double standards the mods have on political posts on the DT board is hypocritical bullshittery that they keep doing because the conservatives on this site have run away from the CR because they cannot defend anything current day conservatives stand for so they use the DT as their safe space to dog whistle.

Please tell everyone with a straight face that the threads on the coronavirus on the DT aren’t chock full of conspiracy theory nonsense and regurgitated Fox News Trumper talking points.

They look the other way on their political posts because they don’t want to be bothered.

The mods are able to defend themselves but I’m sure they appreciate you defending their honor. They run a good site for the most part but they have taken the lazy path of least resistance in this instance.

I understand how hard moderating that has to be, because a lot of people have gotten good at tiptoeing the line, throwing political grenades but not actually mentioning anything political. Where do you draw the line? From what I've seen, they've done a good job of smacking the truly political stuff and the posters that love it down; I know Onboard and Johnny Sack have been banned from the thread for awhile, for example.

But, taking an example of something I hate, the "but New York!!" thing. Yeah, it's obviously political and it's obviously partisan-motivated, but you can't really ban it. That's almost approaching thoughtcrime, and it's impossible to moderate anyway.

I don't think the DT is that bad if you stay away from certain threads. I do think that there should be more of a forced break from repping the same posters over and over again, because the Onboards of the world can post something incredibly stupid and get a cheap hillbilly handjob from the other 4-5 ignorant fucks that constantly ruin pages of threads over there. But generally speaking, it's a good board. Even the Covid threads have gotten much better since a lot of the political guys have gotten bored and wandered into other places to parrot their talking points (the CHAZ thread). 

@hayden_horn addressed some of what I'm saying fairly recently somewhere around here. The moderators know it's happening, I promise. It's just a really fine line to walk to moderate it fairly and in a way that keeps Surly what it is.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Nah, because it misrepresented my intent.

I wrote a post in a thread on the political board venting about the way politics is handled on this site in response to a moderators post in a thread.

Taking an individual post made in response to a mod and making it seem as if I went out of my way to start a thread about it with no context is shitty.

I don’t start threads and I certainly wouldn’t start a thread criticizing the mods out of the blue. That’s rude and I liken it to taking a shit on someone’s floor when you’re a guest in their home.

I got a bunch of super hateful private messages and a mass of downvotes because of the way my post was represented.

Multiple posters on this board have made similar comments about the way the mods have handled this situation not just me.

It was a complete bullshit bitch move.

We have a whole fucking forum literally dedicated to posts like the one you continue to be butthurt about. Blacklab moved your post to the appropriate part of this site. Yeah he made you look a little silly  with how he did it. He is known to be a dick. Get the fuck over it. He went way easy on you compared to how he used to treat malcontents 

• Like 3

If you post in CR and even stand uo

5 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

ATTENTION EVERYONE! THIS POST WAS MOVED BY BLACKLAB!

BAMA CHICK DID NOT START THIS THREAD

If you post in CR as a conservative and say you don’t even support Trump and his craziness but just make a ration conservative point of view on a topic you are ran out of CR and talked to like a idiot.  That’s why most stay out of CR.  I got blasted in there for let’s see, saying AOC is crazy as a next election cycle candidate (come on ppl) and that we have two horrible choices for president this year....  Come on think for yourselves for once, if you think either is a great choice you are crazy.

@blacklab

Can you tell me what "partisan", "political", and "trolling" mean in relation to the moderation of this board, because what those words seem to mean and how they are used by admin/mods here don't seem to match.

I just want to make sure I understand.

The rule seems to be "CR is where people argue and DT is where right-wing philosophy/politics go unchallenged". Which is fine if that's the rule, but I think it should be explicit.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 2

14 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

If you post in CR and even stand uo

If you post in CR as a conservative and say you don’t even support Trump and his craziness but just make a ration conservative point of view on a topic you are ran out of CR and talked to like a idiot.  That’s why most stay out of CR.  I got blasted in there for let’s see, saying AOC is crazy as a next election cycle candidate (come on ppl) and that we have two horrible choices for president this year....  Come on think for yourselves for once, if you think either is a great choice you are crazy.

based on rep the place you should stay out of is the tell me about a&m thread. 

Good grief.  Doesn’t OP have anything better to do with her life or in this board?  There’s some really funny, entertaining and informative things on Surly; along with some real characters. 

Having your life tied up in the CR and complaining about “the other side” getting the advantage in the DT is just lame.  

If you don’t like it just go away. Lay it down.  Walk away.  Move on. 

Better yet, get a life. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Having your life tied up in the CR and complaining about “the other side” getting the advantage in the DT is just lame.  

If the CR is for the left and DT is for the right, that's cool, just label them and cut the bullshit.

CR for all politics to be fought about
DT for center-right/right politics to go unchallenged (TexAgs Lite would be a good name)

Let's just be honest. Call it what it is.

5 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
16 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:
I said some mean things about the governor of Texas in DT Covid thread.

Well, it does clearly say "no politics"

lol

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

@blacklab

Can you tell me what "partisan", "political", and "trolling" mean in relation to the moderation of this board, because what those words seem to mean and how they are used by admin/mods here don't seem to match.

I just want to make sure I understand.

The rule seems to be "CR is where people argue and DT is where right-wing philosophy/politics go unchallenged". Which is fine if that's the rule, but I think it should be explicit.

talking sheila broflovski GIF by South Park

Edited by Henry Hill
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

If the CR is for the left and DT is for the right, that's cool, just label them and cut the bullshit.

DT for center-right/right politics to go unchallenged (TexAgs Lite would be a good name)

lol

Why not discuss your politics on a political website?  Nobody gives a fuck about what you think.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

lol

Don’t care about left or right.  I’m over it.  It’s the crying and investment people have in this.  
It’s astoundingly ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, SDG said:

Why not discuss your politics on a political website?  

Is this not one?

Nobody gives a fuck about what you think.

The people who talk to me all the time seem to.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, deadshank said:

Don’t care about left or right.  I’m over it.  It’s the crying and investment people have in this.  
It’s astoundingly ridiculous. 

Is it more ridiculous than caring so much about what is happening on this forum?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Is it more ridiculous than caring so much about what is happening on this forum?

Just passing by and checked the thread.  Squabbling with anonymous people about politics on a football board sub forum and crying about it is silly.  

1 minute ago, blacklab said:

@bad_teammate

sure, here's some examples:

telling people how they should think, no facts, no reasoning, just calling people names

The whole "if" portion of an if/then statement is reasoning, but fine, sure, let's just pretend that I wasn't giving reasons and explanations (I was, at great length, but we're pretending).

Is it against the rules in DT to attack posters without on-topic content now?

If that's the case, is this a rule that applies to everyone? Because I'm looking right now and... it's everywhere.

So rich with on-topic content!

Attacking posters who aren't even participating... gee I wonder why.

As for my "partisan" posting...

Can you tell me how "FOXNews" is political but "Seattle mayor" and Washington governor" are not political?

How talking about their voting bases is not political? Accusations of political corruption aren't political? "Libtopia" isn't political? This is all from maybe 2-3 pages of one thread. This already-too-long post would be a novella if I was being thorough.

Your forum, your rules (explicit or invisible). But if you're going to run things off invisible rules it's going to irritate people who then irritate you.

It really seems like the rules you're hanging over my head aren't actually real. Is that an unfair characterization?

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2