blacklab moves bama chick thread part 2

12 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

How’s about a philosophy forum?

I figured that's what DT was, honestly, an assholish/humorous discussion of the day's events without explicit reference to the in-the-moment political leaders/parties, but instead pulling back and putting things into a larger historical/philosophical context. With dick jokes and boobs and ribbing and generalized shit-talking.

Pointing out authoritarianism is 100% more interesting and useful than actual partisan discussion anyway, because we all pretty much hate the politicians and political parties. Our divides are deep, but they are philosophical far more than partisan.

And I don't just say "authoritarian" in that thread as a replacement for "Republican". I explain things. Democrats are quite often authoritarian as well (their current champion for the WH is an authoritarian).

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I like this Gail the snail. She’s got moxie. 

You know where she stands, and you gotta appreciate it.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, gail the snail said:

DEEP STATE! DEEP STATE!!

get to that 50 post count so you can go home.

This is a football, boobs and occasional good advice forum and I hope it stays that way...

get to that 50 post count so you can go home.

This is a football, boobs and occasional good advice forum and I hope it stays that way...

And we’re all out of the football and good advice...so either provide boobs or go hang out with bama chick.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

The whole "if" portion of an if/then statement is reasoning, but fine, sure, let's just pretend that I wasn't giving reasons and explanations (I was, at great length, but we're pretending).

Is it against the rules in DT to attack posters without on-topic content now?

If that's the case, is this a rule that applies to everyone? Because I'm looking right now and... it's everywhere.

So rich with on-topic content!

Attacking posters who aren't even participating... gee I wonder why.

As for my "partisan" posting...

Can you tell me how "FOXNews" is political but "Seattle mayor" and Washington governor" are not political?

How talking about their voting bases is not political? Accusations of political corruption aren't political? "Libtopia" isn't political? This is all from maybe 2-3 pages of one thread. This already-too-long post would be a novella if I was being thorough.

Your forum, your rules (explicit or invisible). But if you're going to run things off invisible rules it's going to irritate people who then irritate you.

It really seems like the rules you're hanging over my head aren't actually real. Is that an unfair characterization?

That's cute. Everybody else does it! Same excuse children use to justify their bad behavior. One of the posters above has been banned multiple times over the last few months. I warned you and didn't ban you.

Now, go find someone that joined that thread, posted a few dozen times over a few pages, and has over a dozen shit posts other than you and judge.

5 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

It will be easier for me to avoid "political" posts and "shit posts" and "trolling" if you can tell me what those things mean.

Only post in the Cloakroom and you will be fine.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Why it is you think anyone aside from bad teammate and Hugo and a few randos care is laughable. 

Blacklab should have moved her posts to the Karen of the Year thread.  They are actually Karen behaviors compared to what’s currently in there. 

Edited by EuroHorn

28 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

That you honestly believe that people who’re critical of CR are rubes who would get bitch slapped in a debate with you is telling. Surely there is that element. But by and large, people don’t want to engage with you, or see Bama Chick’s constant whining. 

I didn't say "by me". I said that they get their asses handed to them, because they do.

The CR eats people alive because most people aren't used to taking a shot and having to re-evaluate/re-focus. They can't handle being dogpiled when they fuck up their thought process or phrasing. They're used to ranting while other people nod either in agreement or discomfort or maintain.

Some people want to be challenged, others don't.

”Is this not a political board?”  No, it’s a UT message board that requires you to stay in your fucking hole. 

"UT message board" and "political board" don't contradict. In fact, many of us love our university because it's (supposedly) intellectually diverse and dynamic.

Your inability to formulate a coherent argument is kind of a perfect example of what I was talking about above. I can see why a place for open debate would fluster you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Your inability to formulate a coherent argument is kind of a perfect example of what I was talking about above. I can see why a place for open debate would fluster you.

more concise:

oh that's your argument? well it's bad and dumb, like you, therefore QED I win

this CR shit sounds pretty easy-- positions I disagree with are incoherent and dumb, therefore wrong. Because I said so. 

Edited by SwanderedTalent

1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

oh that's your argument? well it's bad and dumb, like you, therefore QED I win

I asked if this was a political forum. He said no, it's a UT forum.

His reasoning makes no sense, because the two premises do not contradict.

An example that might help you better understand the problem with his reasoning:
"Is this a hamburger restaurant?"
- "No, it has red walls!"

This forum is a UT message board. It is also a political forum, a football forum, a recruiting forum, a video game forum, a movies/TV forum, etc...

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

They get their asses handed to them....yes, a few do. But most genuinely do not care about dialogue with you and several others in CR. That you mistake that for all those that don’t frequent CR as those that simply can’t handle debate and getting dogpiled speaks volumes about your delusions of grandeur. 

That's not what I said. I said...

The Venn Diagram of people who whine about the CR and people who regularly find themselves with their asses handed to them when they try to debate or argue any controversial point is a perfect circle.

- If you don't post in CR and don't care about CR, good for you. You're probably a normal human with a normal brain who isn't insufferable. The world needs more of you and you aren't involved in the Venn Diagram.

- If you post in CR, you're mentally deranged in some way but at least you will fight in the fight. You're a messy bitch who loves drama and you don't go around telling people, "I hate drama." when you actually live for it.

- If you don't post in CR but have grudges about the CR and whine about it, you're in the Venn Diagram. (Like you, for instance, who called me a pederast even though I don't know who you are and don't ever remember talking to you about anything. Who are you?)

It is a UT message board centered around UT athletics particularly football. These boards have always had a political forum and that’s fine. Coinciding with quarantine, the politics have infiltrated DT and Football boards, and most places where by and large they had not before.

What "political" things have I said outside of the CR? I don't see any.

What I see is people who want to take philosophical stances, publicly declare them, and then crumple when someone challenges it or offers a different philosophical view of the same circumstance.

That is you loons getting bored with your echo chamber and venturing out elsewhere. You thrive on getting into arguments when most just want you to fuck off. 

I don't even know who the hell you are and you call me a "pederast" and I'm the "loon"? How sad is it to be a grown man who whines about other grown men they don't even know? Must suck.

Also, who are you?

On 7/3/2020 at 4:01 PM, blacklab said:

@bad_teammate

sure, here's some examples:

telling people how they should think, no facts, no reasoning, just calling people names

partisan name calling, no content

name calling for no reason

opinion of politics, nothing to do with the thread topic

non content name calling

name calling, telling people how to think, not backing up opinions with facts, just spouting off your opinions on a thread for news and information about a neighborhood in Seattle.

These are valid. Yet the OP was called a cunt in this very thread with seeming impugnity. If you're an impasive arbitor for Both Sides that wouldn't require pointing out.

Cunt also shouldn't be considered derogatory but as a Henry Miller admirer I'll let that one slide for a separate discussion.