blacklab moves bama chick thread part 2

2 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

These are valid. Yet the OP was called a cunt in this very thread with seeming impugnity. If you're an impasive arbitor for Both Sides that wouldn't require pointing out.

Cunt also shouldn't be considered derogatory but as a Henry Miller admirer I'll let that one slide for a separate discussion.

Is please do this better a place where people don’t get called names? Seems to go against everything this website stands for.

Edited by Sawbonz
Voice to text sucks
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

These are valid. Yet the OP was called a cunt in this very thread with seeming impugnity. If you're an impasive arbitor for Both Sides that wouldn't require pointing out.

Cunt also shouldn't be considered derogatory but as a Henry Miller admirer I'll let that one slide for a separate discussion.

Look...I used the C word because in this case it was called for.  I've been on this and TOS for about 10 years now and that was the very first time I've ever gone after anyone like that.  That said, to start another stupid fucking whining thread about the moderation of this site warranted being called a cunt.  And for the record, I didn't even neg her stupid fucking whining post because I'm not a bitch.  If she wants to stay in the stupid CR and get jerked off by people for saying "cheeto bad", then great.  Y'all have fun and know that most of this board agrees, but there is a place for that.  Keep it there. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Hate said:

Look...I used the C word because in this case it was called for.  I've been on this and TOS for about 10 years now and that was the very first time I've ever gone after anyone like that.  That said, to start another stupid fucking whining thread about the moderation of this site warranted being called a cunt.  And for the record, I didn't even neg her stupid fucking whining post because I'm not a bitch.  If she wants to stay in the stupid CR and get jerked off by people for saying "cheeto bad", then great.  Y'all have fun and know that most of this board agrees, but there is a place for that.  Keep it there. 

My dude... Blacklab put it in giant red letters in the OP for this thread... He moved the post and started a new thread.

Again.

14 hours ago, Hate said:

and if she wanted to go into the stupid DT and get jerked off by people for *winkwink*libtards dumb*winkwink*, then also great.  because that's exactly how it works right now

Edited by elfenix

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

and if she wanted to go into the stupid DT and get jerked off by people for *winkwink*libtards dumb*winkwink*, then also great.  because that's exactly how it works right now

Waaaaaah I can't tell people about my political views.. waaaaahhhhh.

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

you can, just do it in CR, then you can quit crying.

Nah,  many posters are sick to death of the CR cabal hijacking every thread with their unique brand of politics that just everyone needs to hear about, and bow down to.  Poor bama chick was used to be the it girl of the cabal. That only works in that little insular world.

8 minutes ago, elfenix said:

and many posters are sick to death of the ran-away-from-CR cabal politicking the shit out of DT and then whinging any time they get called out for their shit.

Yeah that's what it was. The cabal just wants to play the typical blame game where they can somehow feel superior.

Politicking the shit out of it ?  Hardly, there were political comments made, I made a few, and either edited them away or got called out on it. The humor was every few days the CR boys made a run at the thread, and tried to get in to a slap fight with someone ....... anyone as long as they could spout off their political views.

The CR is no fun when it's an echo chamber, circle jerk.  You start eating your own (SEE: multiple Bad teammate attacks).

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

22 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Sounds like something a cunt would say

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah that's what it was. The cabal just wants to play the typical blame game where they can somehow feel superior.

Politicking the shit out of it ?  Hardly, there were political comments made, I made a few, and either edited them away or got called out on it. The humor was every few days the CR boys made a run at the thread, and tried to get in to a slap fight with someone ....... anyone as long as they could spout off their political views.

The CR is no fun when it's an echo chamber, circle jerk.  You start eating your own (SEE: multiple Bad teammate attacks).

You're conflating people who don't think like you and repeat the propoganda as some partisan hacks. Especially considering the president has been tweeting the same debunked talking points that get echoed in DT. Unless you're telling me that we do in fact have COVID under control and we should resume reopening?

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

You're conflating people who don't think like you and repeat the propoganda as some partisan hacks. Especially considering the president has been tweeting the same debunked talking points that get echoed in DT. Unless you're telling me that we do in fact have COVID under control and we should resume reopening?

Nope, sorry, not so much.

3 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Nope, sorry, not so much.

How bout that COVID isn't as bad as it looks, and it's only because we're testing more? That's another DT favorite repeated just today by the chief decision maker WRT how we as a nation handle the pandemic of our times?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

19 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

This is simply not reality. I know you want it to be. Which is it - politics are unavoidable in today’s news, or have right wingers politicized DT?  Those are two different points. At any rate, politics are avoidable in news, and no, right-leaning posters haven’t co-opted DT as their propaganda machine. I don’t know anyone who thinks like me (conservative) that can even stand Trump.

Politics are necessarily unavoidable in discussing current events and today's news. COVID, nascar nooses, police brutality, confederate memorials? Not sure how you avoid politics when the president is actively taking a side and participating in the bad faith and false arguments

And right wing posters haven't co-opted DT into an active propoganda machine, but y'all whine and cry whenever someone links a cause or source to our current situation. And actively push out and discourage even mentioning anything around the decision makers whose decisions put us where we are and are keeping us here.

You're burying your head in the sand and acting like anyone paying attention is a partisan

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Politics are necessarily unavoidable in discussing current events and today's news. COVID, nascar nooses, police brutality, confederate memorials? Not sure how you avoid politics when the president is actively taking a side and participating in the bad faith and false arguments

And right wing posters haven't co-opted DT into an active propoganda machine, but y'all whine and cry whenever someone links a cause or source to our current situation. And actively push out and discourage even mentioning anything around the decision makers whose decisions put us where we are and are keeping us here.

You're burying your head in the sand and acting like anyone paying attention is a partisan

You'd like for that to be true, but nope.

44 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I don’t care to hear Abbott and Patrick criticisms.

Here's why it's sticking your head in the sand

Opening early was a purely political decision and it has put millions of Texans at risk, and contributed directly to the severity of the pandemic in our state. You're ignoring plain facts if you want to protect Abbott and Patrick from criticism

42 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Opening early was a purely political decision and it has put millions of Texans at risk, and contributed directly to the severity of the pandemic in our state. You're ignoring plain facts if you want to protect Abbott and Patrick from criticism

Compare TX deaths vs NY deaths.  You're ignoring a fairly important fact.

48 minutes ago, Captainant said:

There is your problem.  You see and look for politics in anything and everything.  Opening back up was a purely economic decision as Rex said.  They should have mandated masks obviously, but I would have supported any governor opening back up regardless of political party. 

• Like 2

The decision to trade GDP for human lives is pretty inherently political, my dudes. Especially in the face of opening ahead of data-driven guidelines and medical guidance. 

But hey, I guess it's all just spilled milk and we gotta hope there's no further economic anxiety to justify ignoring data to reopen early again.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

The opening up was an economic decision.  There are no more stimulus checks in the pipeline (which happens to be a political decision, as it breaks along party lines), and it's doubtful that the additional aid for businesses that was discussed is going to happen, so if we don't open, we watch the Texas economy really crater.

The mask thing was a purely political decision, reinforced by various law enforcement agencies in Texas refusing to follow Abbott's orders, and the protests in front of the Governor's Mansion, while all of the experts were saying "wear a fucking mask!"

I'm not an Abbott or Goeb fan - but masks and opening up are two separate issues.  They can go hand-in-hand, but they didn't.

• Like 4

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

The opening up was an economic decision.  There are no more stimulus checks in the pipeline (which happens to be a political decision, as it breaks along party lines), and it's doubtful that the additional aid for businesses that was discussed is going to happen, so if we don't open, we watch the Texas economy really crater.

The mask thing was a purely political decision, reinforced by various law enforcement agencies in Texas refusing to follow Abbott's orders, and the protests in front of the Governor's Mansion, while all of the experts were saying "wear a fucking mask!"

I'm not an Abbott or Goeb fan - but masks and opening up are two separate issues.  They can go hand-in-hand, but they didn't.

This ^^^but they're gonna come back, and say economics is political.

When you think everything is political you have issues with reality, and probably several layers of tin foil on yer balls.

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

The decision to trade GDP for human lives is pretty inherently political, my dudes. Especially in the face of opening ahead of data-driven guidelines and medical guidance. 

But hey, I guess it's all just spilled milk and we gotta hope there's no further economic anxiety to justify ignoring data to reopen early again.

That’s a good point, my dude.  You should post it In the cloak room. As long as cloak room Karen is ok with it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

While I disagreed with the opening policy, it's easy for me to do so, as I'm working from home, and my wife could also work from home.     

You are forgetting one crucial thing about the opening policy:  A shitload of people and businesses cannot function from home.  If we had stayed closed for another month or two, a shitload more people would be out of work, a shitload more businesses would be going under, and with a lack of stimulus/relief money on the horizon, that means a shitload of people/families losing homes, etc.  Throw that on top of the mental health issues that have been rapidly rising as a result of the past few months.

Do I think Abbott was considering the political implications when weighing reopening?  Absolutely, but I do not think they dominated the decision-making - had there been more  stimulus/relief money for individuals and businesses in the pipeline, I think Abbott would have kept things closed, or left it more up to the locals.

Just check the DT threads on the financial fallout from covid to see why we had to open back up, and why it's less political and more financial.

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

In favor of human lives?  What’s the death rate of Texas?  And why, with the exception of bars and limited restaurant capacity (75% to 50%) has changed?  Again, the execution was poor. Reopening the economy was absolutely the right fucking call and it’s not going backwards. 

Just how long do you think a country can continue to be in economic lock down and recover ?  Shut down the economy and how many more people die as the result of that ?  Reports are stating the depression caused just by the last couple months has driven suicide/ depression rates up.  Tie that to a nationwide depression, and those will skyrocket along with crime, families losing their homes.   

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 6:56 PM, MikeBloomberg2020 said:
Hi everybody!

Im Angie, and on behalf of Mike I just want to say thank you, and we're working on it. Thanks for having me on Your Forum! 

Mike needs you to know that he hears you, and America hears you!

Always,

Angie

You just made the list.

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Just how long do you think a country can continue to be in economic lock down and recover ?  Shut down the economy and how many more people die as the result of that ?  Reports are stating the depression caused just by the last couple months has driven suicide/ depression rates up.  Tie that to a nationwide depression, and those will skyrocket along with crime, families losing their homes.   

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

While I disagreed with the opening policy, it's easy for me to do so, as I'm working from home, and my wife could also work from home.     

You are forgetting one crucial thing about the opening policy:  A shitload of people and businesses cannot function from home.  If we had stayed closed for another month or two, a shitload more people would be out of work, a shitload more businesses would be going under, and with a lack of stimulus/relief money on the horizon, that means a shitload of people/families losing homes, etc.  Throw that on top of the mental health issues that have been rapidly rising as a result of the past few months.

Do I think Abbott was considering the political implications when weighing reopening?  Absolutely, but I do not think they dominated the decision-making - had there been more  stimulus/relief money for individuals and businesses in the pipeline, I think Abbott would have kept things closed, or left it more up to the locals.

Just check the DT threads on the financial fallout from covid to see why we had to open back up, and why it's less political and more financial.

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

4 hours ago, Hate said:

There is your problem.  You see and look for politics in anything and everything.  Opening back up was a purely economic decision as Rex said.  They should have mandated masks obviously, but I would have supported any governor opening back up regardless of political party. 

4 hours ago, Poolflood said:

Compare TX deaths vs NY deaths.  You're ignoring a fairly important fact.

4 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

It was an economic decision and was executed poorly in hindsight. If I want to discuss the political nature of their decision making I’ll do so in CR. I want DT for news and how we’re combatting where we are. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

In favor of human lives?  What’s the death rate of Texas?  And what, with the exception of bars and limited restaurant capacity (75% to 50%) has changed?  Again, the execution was poor. Reopening the economy was absolutely the right fucking call and it’s not going backwards. 

can you fucksticks discuss politics in the right goddamn forum?

You’re right. I’ll shoulder the blame for the Coronas. My bad. I’ll start hanging on every word since it’s made such a difference in your life. Remember how when you argued in the CR the Cheeto man was bad and he killed all the people with the ronas and as a result the ronas went away?? That was awesome.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hate said:

You’re right. I’ll shoulder the blame for the Coronas. My bad. I’ll start hanging on every word since it’s made such a difference in your life. Remember how when you argued in the CR the Cheeto man was bad and he killed all the people with the ronas and as a result the ronas went away?? That was awesome.

Look it's simple. You're wrong, and they're right, always, and forever more.... How is it you don't grasp that simple concept ?  You must not pay enough attention.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 1

Mostly economic discussion there, except for Captainant. You guys cannot help yourselves. 
Policy decisions made by politicians aren't political, you heard it here on surly first!

Maybe I'm the only one who gives a shit about the rules around here

32 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I find it laughable you think politics trumps economics.

where the fuck did you get that from?  economic policy is still politics. you can't divorce it.

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

We are speaking on two totally different planes. You seem to think power and wealth are generated by the federal and Texas governments. I believe they can have slight adverse and beneficial impacts, but Trump and Abbott have very, very little impact on our economy. The economy as a whole is much stronger arbiter of wealth and power than any political entity. You seem to think the opposite. Which is fucking hilarious. 

dude the discussion was about reopening.  which is a policy decision.  about the economy.  you're going off on some tangent and making vast assumptions about me instead of just admitting you should be posting in the cloakroom. 

18 hours ago, Captainant said:

Bullshit. 

Every single one of those topics you brought up could have a million posts that has nothing to do with politics. EVERY SINGLE ONE.

One example- COVID- I understand the need for shelter in place, social distancing, washing hands, etc. while also understand why those that want the restrictions lifted for fear of the long term effect to the economy (in many cases to their own business).

Those are 100% both opinions that are valid and neither is political. See how easy that is? I can actually understand (GASP) both sides.   

16 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

When you think everything is political you have issues with reality, and probably several layers of tin foil on yer balls.

And Onboard is 100% correct. What you fail to realize is you (and plenty of others on the other side) make it a habit of taking a topic or a post that has nothing to do with politics and making it ALL about politics. That is a YOU problem. It never ends. the circle jerk of blaming the other side was going on well before the day Trump was elected and will continue far longer then the day he is no longer the POTUS.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, HoffaJimmy said:

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." ~Plato

16 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." ~Plato

“Arguing politics on an anonymous internet message board in the wrong forum makes you a dipshit” - Socrates 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hate said:

When you sit there silently with your thumb up your ass as the science deniers in charge let a plague bring ruin to our country you're part of the problem and it's as simple as that.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 3

When you sit there silently with your thumb up your ass as the science deniers in charge let a plague bring ruin to our country you're part of the problem and it's as simple as that.

d7884139c30fef3f7d88acc64d12bb84.gif

Remember when y’all were all bitching about the Cheeto man in the Cloakroom and then everything changed. That was awesome.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hate said:

d7884139c30fef3f7d88acc64d12bb84.gif

Remember when y’all were all bitch in about the Cheeto man in the Cloakroom and then everything changed. That was awesome.

Big changes happen when you bitch all day about politics on the internet and at home.  Usually the changes are loss of friends, divorces, and/or drinking heavily.

Edited by EuroHorn
  • Like 3