blacklab moves bama chick thread part 2

1 hour ago, workswithseed said:

So do these science deniers deny all science?

All science is good, as long as the funding is sincere.

The science on CV-19 has changed 75X since March, but the fools who question it are the problem... and the politicians who will not abide by our selected science are dumbasses and meanies.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

It’s funny; what does the modern day American politician truly think they are governing?  It’s funny watching Elizabeth Warren grandstand Jamie Dimon and then have Dimon totally ignore everything she just said. Clay Jenkins and Greg Abbott have very little power when not in times of crisis. I don’t want to be overly governed. Don’t get me started on the assclowns in Dallas city and county government. Hell, Austinites are about to elect an attention whore who showed her tits to all of us to city council and has the biggest joke of a mayor in the country. 

And that is the dilemma in a nutshell. Politics pervades almost every aspect of life as a modern American.

Economic policy? Pure politics. 

Industrial policy? Politics.

5G? Politics.

Schooling? Politics. 

Pandemic? Politics.

To have or not have a football season? Politics. . . . 

I appreciate the effort to keep politics out of the DT. I always considered it a spinoff of the old Quacks. But it is more a Cactus Cafe for many who never ventured into Quacks. We could use a new Quacks for more serious discussions of the human condition.

DT is a bunch of old men screaming at the moon - nothing wrong with that, of course. I do it myself from time to time. I understand that need for that type of space and have endeavored to honor it. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

AmusedSlimyAfricanclawedfrog-small.gif

I know this is hard for you to wrap your brain around, but some people actually do care about and have empathy for others. They don't act nice to get something they want, but rather because it's the right thing to do. That's all. I'm sure it's easier for you to process what i'm saying as some guy who just wants to be right on the internet, but it's real. I really care and i don't want everyone catching covid.

But sure, continue to enable a president who's views align more with a guy like Tim McVeigh than any sort of actual conservative values with your hilarious memes. Keep writing off people who actually care as having some sort of hidden agenda.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." ~Plato

Oooh quotes, I'll play. "Yabba Dabba Doo" Frederick Flintstone.

Politics isn't a 24/7 all encompassing thing to people just trying to live their lives.  There are people who want it all to be about politics because they have nothing else in their lives.

1 minute ago, Pam Cummings said:

I know this is hard for you to wrap your brain around, but some people actually do care about and have empathy for others. They don't act nice to get something they want, but rather because it's the right thing to do. That's all. I'm sure it's easier for you to process what i'm saying as some guy who just wants to be right on the internet, but it's real. I really care and i don't want everyone catching covid.

But sure, continue to enable a president who's views align more with a guy like Tim McVeigh than any sort of actual conservative values with your hilarious memes. Keep writing off people who actually care as having some sort of gidden agenda.

AmusedSlimyAfricanclawedfrog-small.gif

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

I have nothing else in my life right now because people in charge have made sure that all of those activities are dangerous to do right now. So, fuck you.

Ah yes. Fuck me. Now you've convinced me that you're argument is correct. I succumb to your superior intellect. 

14 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

And that is the dilemma in a nutshell. Politics pervades almost every aspect of life as a modern American.

Economic policy? Pure politics. 

Industrial policy? Politics.

5G? Politics.

Schooling? Politics. 

Pandemic? Politics.

To have or not have a football season? Politics. . . . 

I appreciate the effort to keep politics out of the DT. I always considered it a spinoff of the old Quacks. But it is more a Cactus Cafe for many who never ventured into Quacks. We could use a new Quacks for more serious discussions of the human condition.

DT is a bunch of old men screaming at the moon - nothing wrong with that, of course. I do it myself from time to time. I understand that need for that type of space and have endeavored to honor it. 

What happened to "science deniers" are they now old men?

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

It’s absolutely accurate. Now are there periods where politics have more of a say in the direction of the business?  Sure. In the vast majority of years, do political decisions make or break my year?  Absolutely not. 

What industry?

I have nothing else in my life right now because people in charge have made sure that all of those activities are dangerous to do right now. So, fuck you.

Ok. Vent about it in the Cloakroom. Is that so difficult?
  • Like 1

So to clarify after reading four pages of this shit, even though I am very politically active in my personal/private life (in at least half a dozen ways), I am not allowed to come to this board for a refuge or an escape.

So unless I acknowledge and agree with Cheeto man bad and sucks and is destroying America/lives in every thread I am somehow an enabler of Trump?

Even though everything I do outside of this board absolutely says otherwise. I can’t come to this board and enjoy an escape because some have TDS so bad they probably bring it up at home 24/7 they have to take every topic and mention their hatred of Trump? 

A lot of people sat on their damn hands last election. Go take it up with them. According to Oprah and Michelle Obama and a few other prominent black politicians and leaders: many blacks CHOSE not to vote for Hillary.  Take it up with the people who sat on their hands and did not vote. When you are down there protesting (assuming you do) ask how many of these people voted in 2016 if they were eligible. If they say no, follow them home and sit on their front law with a megaphone and bug the shit out of them until they vote the way you want them to. 

I hate going on rants but I’ve about fucking had it. I come here for  sports and to laugh. Occasionally to get better weather forecasts than I would on the news. Fuck!!!!!!

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

So to clarify after reading four pages of this shit, even though I am very politically active in my personal/private life (in at least half a dozen ways), I am not allowed to come to this board for a refuge or an escape.

So unless I acknowledge and agree with Cheeto man bad and sucks and is destroying America/lives in every thread I am somehow an enabler of Trump?

Even though everything I do outside of this board absolutely says otherwise. I can’t come to this board and enjoy an escape because some have TDS so bad they probably bring it up at home 24/7 they have to take every topic and mention their hatred of Trump? 

A lot of people sat on their damn hands last election. Go take it up with them. According to Oprah and Michelle Obama and a few other prominent black politicians and leaders: many blacks CHOSE not to vote for Hillary.  Take it up with the people who sat on their hands and did not vote. When you are down there protesting (assuming you do) ask how many of these people voted in 2016 if they were eligible. If they say no, follow them home and sit on their front law with a megaphone and bug the shit out of them until they vote the way you want them to. 

I hate going on rants but I’ve about fucking had it. I come here for  sports and to laugh. Occasionally to get better weather forecasts than I would on the news. Fuck!!!!!!

I agree with you. Cactus/DT = drinking at a bar with buds.  

CR = partisan/tribal politics.  

Quacks/( ? here) = The human condition/philosophy/economics discussions. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Haven't you heard ?  EVERYTHING is politics... that is everything they believe is politics. Lonely, empty lives, standing in the corner at parties,  if they even get invited to parties.

Edited by Onboard 2.0
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

So is the BS the cabal pulls here daily. People simply don't want hear theories or anybodies political shit outside the CR, but they believe they have some unique insight.  

Is the Cabal the same folks I call the Praetorian Guard? They are harmless - and largely apolitical past the surface sneering. 

(No offense to any member of the Cabal/Praetorian Guard intended). 

Just now, washparkhorn said:

Is the Cabal the same folks I call the Praetorian Guard? They are harmless - and largely apolitical past the surface sneering. 

(No offense to any member of the Cabal/Praetorian Guard intended). 

Probably. Of course they're harmless, they're anonymous people on a website.

The whole everything is politics schtick is about as lame an excuse as you can use to not be able to discuss something without (team) politics being the driver of your posts.

53 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

I agree with you. Cactus/DT = drinking at a bar with buds.  

CR = partisan/tribal politics.  

Quacks/( ? here) = The human condition/philosophy/economics discussions. 

I think DT *can* be for serious philosophical discussions. It was definitely like that on shaggy, and it is here every now and again. I think people are just too on edge to allow for much of that these days, unfortunately.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 6:01 PM, blacklab said:

@bad_teammate

sure, here's some examples:

telling people how they should think, no facts, no reasoning, just calling people names

partisan name calling, no content

name calling for no reason

opinion of politics, nothing to do with the thread topic

non content name calling

name calling, telling people how to think, not backing up opinions with facts, just spouting off your opinions on a thread for news and information about a neighborhood in Seattle.

Wait, this is shaggy/surly right? Or am I back on Hornfans dot com? You're trying crocodile tears over name calling? What has happened to this place?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

It was an economic decision and was executed poorly in hindsight. If I want to discuss the political nature of their decision making I’ll do so in CR. I want DT for news and how we’re combatting where we are. 

We're combating it by shutting down small businesses like breweries, most of whom had implemented responsible social distancing/mask policies while allowing megachurches to pack unmasked people in nut to butt for a political pep rally.  Go Texas! 

• Like 1

We're combating it by shutting down small businesses like breweries, most of whom had implemented responsible social distancing/mask policies while allowing megachurches to pack unmasked people in nut to butt for a political pep protest.  Go Texas! 

giphy.gif

On 7/3/2020 at 6:01 PM, blacklab said:

@bad_teammate

sure, here's some examples:

telling people how they should think, no facts, no reasoning, just calling people names

partisan name calling, no content

name calling for no reason

opinion of politics, nothing to do with the thread topic

non content name calling

name calling, telling people how to think, not backing up opinions with facts, just spouting off your opinions on a thread for news and information about a neighborhood in Seattle.

Ok now do this for Onboard, cheeseweasel, and the other band of merry men. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

We're combating it by shutting down small businesses like breweries, most of whom had implemented responsible social distancing/mask policies while allowing megachurches to pack unmasked people in nut to butt for a political pep rally.  Go Texas! 

Churches are supposed to be practicing social distancing too.

42 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Ok now do this for Onboard, cheeseweasel, and the other band of merry men. 

Hey nice load of crap there, but that dog won't hunt.  You personally try to walk that line of being a smarmy dick then say, hey it's all just me kidding. You've tried that line more than once around here on posters.

• Like 1

Hey nice load of crap there, but that dog won't hunt.  You personally try to walk that line of being a smarmy dick then say, hey it's all just me kidding. You've tried that line more than once around here on posters.

Wut?

Did you ever pull your pants up from your posts yesterday?

Is the Onboard that's in this thread crying about politics in the DT threads the same Onboard that has been banned from those threads multiple times for making political posts? Or was that Onboard 1.0? I'm trying to be fair and make sure I'm not mixing up my whiny hypocritical little bitches.

Edited by BradInATX