Washington DC's NFL franchise to get a new name

mdmost

22 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Maybe take some inspiration from the truly inspiring, such as the Tokyo Carp, Nippon Ham-Fighters, Thailand Tobacco Monopoly, Webster Gorlocks, Teutopolis Wooden Shoes, Yuma Criminals, Mpumalanga Dangerous Darkies and Watersmeet Nimrods.

Pretty sure this is the kind of thing that got us here in the first place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnowAggy said:

Agreed.  They can use some DC monument imagery (a la the Caps) for a logo, or maybe the outline of the district itself...they'll want something to put on merch.  But they don't need an official nickname.  

Any nickname they choose now will seem trite.  Even Red Wolves, which I'm told are indigenous to the area would seem kinda lame right now.

5 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Maybe take some inspiration from the truly inspiring, such as the Tokyo Carp, Nippon Ham-Fighters, Thailand Tobacco Monopoly, Webster Gorlocks, Teutopolis Wooden Shoes, Yuma Criminals, Mpumalanga Dangerous Darkies and Watersmeet Nimrods.

You forgot the Robstown Cotton Pickers

2 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Danny going would be a fucking catastrophe for Jerry, who has always been able to reliably count on one ownership group in the division being a bigger clusterfuck clown show than the one he rolls out.  

Agreed. They are the one team I can count on every single year to at the bottom of the East. Snyder is probably the worst owner in the league.

8 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Rivera is one of the best coaches going, with new name and new coach they could roll out new uniforms and really energize their return.

Rivera definitely think’s he is a “legend” in his mind for sure and comes off as arrogant as hell.

Does that team even have any news leaks that would be worth a female journalist trading sexual favors? Plus that is a thing that pretty much never happens, so to me those tweets kinda discredit the whole thing.

I can certainly believe they cover up sexual assaults, but without a paper trail (police reports? internal emails?) that would all just be flinging poo at them. None of it seems like it would break in the Washington Post on a Friday.

• Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Wasn't there talk a while back of the Russini chick from ESPN being accused by the wife of some Redskins staff member for banging him to get inside info.  

She’s been on the dan lebetard show and pardon my take a few times. Friend of the show for lebetard, and i guess she knows PFT really well (for those familiar with that show). She is definitely one of the redskins beat reporters too, so that wouldn’t shock me at all. 

6 minutes ago, hookem17 said:

This shit is annoying. I can’t remember a story where journalists weren’t willing to “report” breaking news that didn’t end up being true. 

agreed. you don't tease a story then don't release it unless you are a shock jock or clickbaiting. 

I guess that the other reporters don't have sources or worry that their info could be wrong so they don't want to be the one reporting it. If you're a NFL reporter or talk show host, then breaking the story could get you in hot water with other teams/players. Better to let Washpo break it, and then you can then openly discuss it.

30 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

The scandal shit is hilarious. 

It gives me hope. I had just been sitting around waiting for Snyder to die or sell the team out of the blue or something. I was thinking this is what is must have been like back in the old days when you had a shitty king.

"Well maybe the bastard will die or maybe a palace coup will save us"

A lot of people saying this will have something to do with Gruden banging some receptionist that was also banging a RB on the team.  Gruden benched said RB for banging his side piece, leaving an inexperienced RB in to pick up on blitzes.  Needless to say he failed, and Alex Smith's leg was torn in two.

13 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

A lot of people saying this will have something to do with Gruden banging some receptionist that was also banging a RB on the team.  Gruden benched said RB for banging his side piece, leaving an inexperienced RB in to pick up on blitzes.  Needless to say he failed, and Alex Smith's leg was torn in two.

Going to need to see pics of said receptionist. 

18 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

Practically the storyline from North Dallas Forty. 'Cept Mac Davis didn't have his leg snapped in half.

53 minutes ago, DiceHands said:

Another little tidbit on the news that Pat McAfee got, sounds like there is something to do with the refs and Dan Snyder.  Sounds like attempted pay offs??  Yikkeeesssss

Imagine paying the refs and still sucking

I mean Snyder already cheated to sign Albert Haynesworth.

1 hour ago, DiceHands said:

Another little tidbit on the news that Pat McAfee got, sounds like there is something to do with the refs and Dan Snyder.  Sounds like attempted pay offs??  Yikkeeesssss

Imagine paying the refs and still sucking

IOW, the anti-Steelers. 

On 7/15/2020 at 11:35 AM, MadBurgerMaker said:

Teams can suck and have good names.  Teams can be great and still just essentially be [LOCALAFFILIATION #31] [TEAMNAME #27].  The best ones are the types that are relevant to their location.  For example:  Patriots, Cowboys, Ravens, Packers, 49ers, Saints.  Those are good names that make sense for where they are.  Or when they were created in the case of the Saints.

Yep, and there are others. Oilers, as mentioned. Steelers. 

The generic ones that have nothing to do with their area are the bad ones.

• Like 1