Washington DC's NFL franchise to get a new name

mdmost

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Can't access the article behind the paywall. Is this shit true?

The article is pretty much just about sexual harrassment by like every mid-ranking executive at the team. And Snyder is barely directly involved.

Honestly, it sounds like a garbage place to work full of garbage people, but this isn't "sell the team" bad.

If that other stuff has come up, it looks like they weren't able to corroborate it enough to print.

Edited by texifornia

Nothing in that article say anything about drug parties, pay refs, or any of the good stuff.  I posted a link above that is free.  

Nothing that is going to stick to Snyder in that article either.  Bad toxic shit but nothing near what was hyped.  

He has already hired a female lawyer and I am sure a PR team and will come out of this OK. 

Edited by Leeroy Jenkins

9 minutes ago, Underdog said:

So does Alex have a case against the Redskins/Gruden for neglect, carelessness on their part for his injury?  Far fetched I'm sure. 

If he does, then David Carr will be owning the Houston Texans soon.

18 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Rivera is one of the best coaches going, with new name and new coach they could roll out new uniforms and really energize their return.

Is he? He doesn't seem that good to me. I mean he made a Super Bowl but so did Jeff Fisher.

Not to downplay sexual harassment but the rumors set the stage for a bigger scandal. If you had told me yesterday that some NFL offices are rife with sexual harassment, I wouldn't have been surprised.  They shouldn't allow the harassment of female employees but I'm not surprised it occurs.  But allegation so sex scandals or paying refs is more salacious.

It's a bit underwhelming. Given the odd way this story was released, I wonder if there was more to it. Or perhaps there are more stories to be released.

40 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Not to downplay sexual harassment but the rumors set the stage for a bigger scandal. If you had told me yesterday that some NFL offices are rife with sexual harassment, I wouldn't have been surprised.  They shouldn't allow the harassment of female employees but I'm not surprised it occurs.  But allegation so sex scandals or paying refs is more salacious.

It's a bit underwhelming. Given the odd way this story was released, I wonder if there was more to it. Or perhaps there are more stories to be released.

Same. That was extremely underwhelming. Doesn't make it right but, shit, it seems the Mavericks' shit was worse than that. There's no Pants DJ in the WaPo story.

1 hour ago, UDontKnow said:

I am especially interested in the allegation of refs being paid by multiple owners in the league.

That is what caught my eye too and bet NFL owners will absolutely squash anything more getting out about this, if true.  And I bet it is.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I mean holding passports and using them to coerce people into sexual acts is basically sex trafficking. Is that really that underwhelming? But maybe with Snyder and the NFL anything short of murder is just par for the course.

Edited by Valmy77

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean holding passports and using them to coerce people into sexual acts is basically sex trafficking. Is that really that underwhelming? But maybe with Snyder and the NFL anything short of murder is just par for the course.

Someone didn't read the actual article

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean holding passports and coercing people into sexual acts is basically sex trafficking. Is that really that underwhelming? But maybe with Snyder and the NFL anything short of murder is just par for the course.

I don’t see any of those stories in the Washington post today and was commenting on today’s sexual harassment stories, which are completely unaccepted.

now if you’re talking about the story from 2015 if the cheerleaders in Mexico then yes that was horrific as well.  But old news that you could have commented on before today. 

Just now, Valmy77 said:

The daming article that hasn't been released yet? That one?

No. I have a hard time reading stuff that hasn't been released yet.

The WaPo article was about the widespread sexual harassment, it's been released. nflmemes_ig appears to have just been a troll account.

If women are scared to go on record talking about being propositioned on the job, there's no way any employee would go on record talking about ref payments or drug/hooker parties if such things existed.

Sports fans react with a shrug, but it's important stuff like this gets out. We always complain about dopey media guys, it would be nice if there was a safe environment for competent women to take their jobs.

• Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, Horn80 said:

That is what caught my eye too and bet NFL owners will absolutely squash anything more getting out about this, if true.  And I bet it is.

so suicides are imminent?

13 minutes ago, Bartles said:

If women are scared to go on record talking about being propositioned on the job, there's no way any employee would go on record talking about ref payments or drug/hooker parties if such things existed.

Sports fans react with a shrug, but it's important stuff like this gets out. We always complain about dopey media guys, it would be nice if there was a safe environment for competent women to take their jobs.

Oh, it's awesome this got out, and I'm happy those dudes are getting held to account. It's just weird this was getting hyped like "Snyder's gonna have to sell the team" level shit.

33 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The WaPo article was about the widespread sexual harassment, it's been released. nflmemes_ig appears to have just been a troll account.

Looks like Bibbs confirmed the part involving him.

39 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Lulz at some you taking that Nflmemes IG post seriously. 

For real lol. They are a meme account. It looks like they have since taken it down. I guess it spread further than they wanted and knowing "journalists" these days, someone might have wrote an article based on all that fabrication.

But to what other people said, this was not even close to a 'bombshell'. I am not downplaying it at all but I have come to expect this for sports franchises and businesses where these rich men run it and the females are the minority to say the least. Look at Cuban and the Mavs and how he enabled that culture for so long. No one even really batted much of an eye to that. No one will bat much of an eye to this, either.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

What young kid is a) watching Kapri Bibbs' insta story and b) going to get his "soul crushed' by some mildly tawdry internal politics involving a pretty mediocre career backup?

No idea what you’re saying here. You think he lied about seeing the IG live?