Washington DC's NFL franchise to get a new name

mdmost

I get it.  For years I thought the Patriots actually played in a city called "New England."  I only found out a couple years ago that's not the case. 

I always thought the Dallas Cowboys played in a city called Dallas. I only found out a few years ago it was Irving then Arlington.

48 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Perhaps they can hire Corch O to write the new fight song. 

I love this video more than I love my own child. But it is a little depressing knowing that, no matter how long I live, the internet will never create anything better.

texas aggy & malfeasance = aTm

washington football team = wTf

which is the same as

washington team football = wTf

+++

as per the New York Football Giants,

thus we now have the Washington Football Team,

therefore the name of team is Team.

The Team.

abracadabra.

+++

or we could just call them the "what the fucks" or just "the fucks".

+++

wholly unrelated but in the spirit of what the fuck, i am reminded of Korea Telecom's play on their subsidiary KTF's sponsorship of the Korean National Team when they hosted half of the '02 World Cup...  KTF inundated the country with signs in english that said "Korea Team Fighting".

I want to see billboards around DC that say:

Washington.

Team.

Football.

+++

inre: the apolitical population of the Washington-Baltimore Combined Statistical Area, per the Census Bureau in 2012 it was estimated to be 9,331,587.  The avowed number of Security Clearances nationwide peaked at over 5 million in 2013.  That's the avowed number.  And if we're generous and cap the percentage at 1/4th of all avowed clearance holders nationwide, more than 1 million people in the wTf's home market, half the workforce, are making flippy floppy.

On 7/23/2020 at 11:48 AM, SnowAggy said:

Best move possible, imo.  Contrived nicknames are dumb, and anything chosen now would seem contrived.  If a nickname develops over time they can add it.  

The team still sells more merchandise with an official nickname, they will eventually get one...

On 7/23/2020 at 12:10 PM, Valmy77 said:

Hail to the Washington football team!

Hail to DC!

Our football team plays football!

Fight for old DC!

Wait a minute... "DC" of course is "District of Columbia" which of course is name after... Christopher Columbus.

So... still racist.

So.. axe the football team, stop playing sports, stop doing everything, sit in a room, and stare at the ceiling. 

It's the only way to be sure.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/23/2020 at 11:44 AM, South Austin said:

I get it.  For years I thought the Patriots actually played in a city called "New England."  I only found out a couple years ago that's not the case. 

CSBalert/ you can use this as a good bar bet as well. Won two spurs tickets at some sports bar trivia. They asked ‘name the three NFL franchises not named for their city, state, or DC.’   Other guy just got New England and Carolina.  I was stumped but then realized Tampa Bay isn’t a city, it’s a body of water.  /csb 

Best move possible, imo.  Contrived nicknames are dumb, and anything chosen now would seem contrived.  If a nickname develops over time they can add it.  
I was initially a big fan of Redwolves, but I think you're right. What's the rush? Who gives a fuck, in the grand scheme of things?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2906323-dan-snyder-accused-of-propositioning-cheerleader-treating-women-like-servants?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Not hard to connect the dots here. Last month there were harassment accusations against a few employees and they're let go. Snyder also agrees to change the franchise name when he had previously said it would never happen. A month later reports are out that Snyder has also harassed women. 

You have to think there was some deals made for the timing of these stories and decisions. If Snyder had been included in the original round of accusations, he couldn't very well fire employees but retain ownership. The NFL got what they wanted (name change) and I assume the washington post leadership saw that as the best outcome for all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They originally said names including Redtails, RedHawks, Redwolves, and Warriors were out because some douchebag trademark troll claimed them the day they announced they were dropping Redskins. Since the guy has no intention of operating a professional football team under that name, and WFT is in freaking Washington DC, somebody would tell trademark troll to fuck himself. 

They put military stars on the teaser logo and the neckline of the jersey. Strong rumor that the name will be Admirals. 

• Like 1