President Biden's first 100 days.

Parliament

Things are looking up for him in the election. And Democrats might even take the Senate?

So what if. What if the Democrat Party takes Congress and the White House. What realistic things would you like to see done? Realistic things. Not banning carbon things like that. Realistic things that have a broad enough appeal they can get passed into law.

I'll hang up and listen.

Try and repair our relationships with our allies.  Appoint cabinet members who aren't corrupt and incompetent shills. Stop trying to kill the ACA in the middle of a pandemic without a replacement.  

I don't even care about getting shit done at this point.  I just want someone who's not literally the worst human being in the world also being the most powerful person in the world.

• Like 4

Rejoin Paris accord. 

clean out the ambassadors, AG, secretaries of all the departments, dump every piece of fucking trash that he appointed 

eliminate the filibuster 

out warren in charge of the Fed

pass term limits

re-implement glass-stiegal or however it was spelled

Eliminate dark money and super pacs

• Like 6

Biden has spoken about support for decriminalization of marijuana, along with expunging convictions and rescheduling the drug. That’s doable. 

Comprehensive immigration reform. 

Infrastructure Year!

Some kind of election reform including requirements of liberal access to mail-in and early voting options, as well as equal polling place access. 

Release to congress every bit of information regarding the numerous investigations of the current administration. 

Name a competent AG, unleash hell.

Strengthen the ACA- expand Medicare. 

Trade Michigan to Canada for British Columbia.

And get rid of the targeting penalty for football as well as the designated hitter in baseball. "You play, you hit" in both cases. 

• Like 4

I hate that this thread got started.  This election is FAR from decided.

That said, Biden’s 1st 100 days should be 100% focused on a return to normalcy: handling the pandemic, help soothe racial tensions, stimulus to get unemployment back to single digits, normalizing relations with our allies.  IF the democrats also gain control of both houses, then he can be more ambitious: strengthen/broaden the ACA, raise taxes on the 1%, raise minimum wage and increase unemployment benefits.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

I hate that this thread got started.  This election is FAR from decided.

That said, Biden’s 1st 100 days should be 100% focused on a return to normalcy: handling the pandemic, help soothe racial tensions, stimulus to get unemployment back to single digits, normalizing relations with our allies.  IF the democrats also gain control of both houses, then he can be more ambitious: strengthen/broaden the ACA, raise taxes on the 1%, raise minimum wage and increase unemployment benefits.  

As far as I'm concerned, restoring our diplomatic corps is job 1.  I hope he PERSONALLY calls every single State Dept. employee that's resigned or been fired under Trump and offers them their job back. Did I say "offers"?  I hope he "asks" them to take their job back.  

Same for the US Attorneys.  Preet needs to be his first phone call.  Offer him AG, and ask him to put the band back together. 

So much damage to be repaired, and bondo ain't gonna fix all those dents.

1. If Russia isn't in the middle of a civil war due to American interference and espionage by the end of Biden's first term then we fucking failed. I want revenge on and at the highest levels. 

2. Anti-Conruption laws. Bring back the voting rights act.

2. Decriminalize marijuana on the federal level.

3. Move national security/essential manufacturing back to America. At the very least move it out of China.

6 hours ago, USMCHorn said:

2. Decriminalize marijuana on the federal level.

This, but all drugs.  The government shouldn't be telling people what they can't put in themselves regardless if it's marijuana, booze, pills, cocaine, or meth.  The legal status of a drug has never stopped an addict from doing it.  Quit filling up prisons with people with mental health issues.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

He's done 11/21

2/22 is when his term expires.  he may be renominated, or someone else put up, before that.

and i'm not sure why you'd want to get rid of him.  most commentary around him is that he's done pretty well with the task he's been given.  goldbugs don't like him but that's like asking asking aggy if UT is doing a good job. 

Edited by elfenix

21 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Legal weed.
Campaign finance reform.
Term limits.
Eliminate electoral college.
Make all territories states.
Universal healthcare.
Police reform.

That should be enough.

Fabulous recommendations.....with the lone exception of universal healthcare (go talk to Canadians about how that’s working out for them)