Happy Independence Day.

Bateshorn

Meh it’s 2 nights of the year.

Where do you live?

This shit’s been popping off since Thursday night and now the yokels do fireworks for New Year’s, Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc.

Basically, if there’s a holiday with time off work, someone is shooting off fireworks.

12 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

Don’t forget what you're celebrating, and that's the fact that a bunch of slave-owning, aristocratic, white males didn't want to pay their taxes.

True enough, but they did put together the most classically liberal, free, and equal country ever seen at that time.  And it inspired any number of others to aspire to and exceed our example.

Where we go from here remains to be seen.

To paraphrase Hemingway, "America is a fine place and worth fighting for and I very much hate to leave it."

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Where do you live?

This shit’s been popping off since Thursday night and now the yokels do fireworks for New Year’s, Memorial Day, Labor Day, etc.

Basically, if there’s a holiday with time off work, someone is shooting off fireworks.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Aaaaaaaand this is when I begin to actively hate this holiday and my neighbors.

All 85 whining, trembling pounds of Piper is squished in my chair with me.

Fuck some fireworks, my neighborhood sounds like Shock and Awe.

1a91100454857cb350825ada12222181.jpg

Sorry for partying 

Fireworks and thunder wreak havoc with canines' sensitive hearing.  Our dog and best pal r-u-n-n o-f-t on a July 4th after the local overdone fireworks extravaganza.  We found her three days later, thirsty, filthy and beat up, still panting and nervous as if Godzilla were right behind her.  We had to get "doggie downers" from our vet and have at the ready to keep her from going berserk during thunderstorms.  She was a brilliant mutt and dead ringer for Nipper, the RCA logo 🐶 dog listening to His Master's Voice on the Victrola.  Five minutes after taking a downer dog biscuit, she had Chinese eyes and a "heyyyy, mayyyannnn" look on her face and wasn't worried about fucking firworks or thunder.

Melatonin works wonders for our pup who thinks the world is going to end on the first rocket of the evening.

Yeah ya shouldn't have to do it, I'm with ya; but if you're gonna help your beloved companion manage hell, the melatonin helps.

Our other dog is always like, "Let's party!" even though we don't do fireworks. The scared one will shake and be up around your neck on the verge of cardiac explosion...if we don't give her anything.

FTR, it was vet recommended when we did it the first time.

5 hours ago, Nivek said:

Meh it’s 2 nights of the year.

It should be, yes.

It's every night from the moment the stands open in my old neighborhood in Montgomery County.  Then you also have the idiots 3 nights in a row shooting stuff off at 3 in the morning, because, hey, celebrate freedom and idiocy.

Same thing for the 2 weeks in December.

It's way the fuck more than 2 nights in some places. If it didn't fuck with my dog, I really wouldn't GAF.  It is pure hell for her.

Edited by slorch

28 minutes ago, Bama Llama said:

Fireworks and thunder wreak havoc with canines' sensitive hearing.  Our dog and best pal r-u-n-n o-f-t on a July 4th after the local overdone fireworks extravaganza.  We found her three days later, thirsty, filthy and beat up, still panting and nervous as if Godzilla were right behind her.  We had to get "doggie downers" from our vet and have at the ready to keep her from going berserk during thunderstorms.  She was a brilliant mutt and dead ringer for Nipper, the RCA logo 🐶 dog listening to His Master's Voice on the Victrola.  Five minutes after taking a downer dog biscuit, she had Chinese eyes and a "heyyyy, mayyyannnn" look on her face and wasn't worried about fucking firworks or thunder.

You got any extra?

18 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Where do you live?

Houston.  Pretty sure I heard a few gunshots but not like in years past.   Happy 5th of July.