Happy 244th Birthday, America!

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Some flyovers in Central Texas this morning into the afternoon.  
https://www.kxan.com/news/local/wwii-aircraft-flyover-planned-for-central-texas-today/

If you are ever down new San Marcos go check out their museum. A lot of really cool history there especially concerning the Doolittle Raid. 

Guest Lobo

Daughter woke up a very tired and hungover daddy way too early this morning and asked "Is it still Independence Day???"  She had such a blast yesterday (pun intended), so we're grilling again, maybe a swim, she just got in from her flag adorned bike ride with friends, I'm about to crack open my first beer, and then before bedtime we'll set off what was a surprisingly large number of leftover fireworks.  I'm sure I'll get a nextdoor post from a Karen telling us that it's illegal, and bad form to light fireworks but we need a longer holiday this year more than most for as rough as 2020 has been going.  So here's to Independence Day, Part Deaux (in honor of our French compadres) and postponing my hangover with some lightweight explosives.  We're America, our birthday should always be a 3-day weekend!

• 1 month later...

Great to see US Air Force Band...  Still a great country!!

Sorry I missed this story from earlier this year... so glad to see so many folks still love this song today... almost like a second anthem for America...

Below is song video...

GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 3